All Staff.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Mr Butters, Oct 8, 2014.

?

Should all staff do this?

1. Yes 100%

41.2%
  2. No.

58.8%
  1. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

If they're already in-game and watching over the server, then they shouldn't need to be Steam Messaged that something is occurring. How would they see it if they're trying to accomplish another thing?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Change-up

Change-up "Change is coming" VIP

LOL, there's n option to enable this. I currently have it enabled

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Taco_Rocket

Taco_Rocket G-G-G-Godmin VIP

I would say that there is a lot more than just in game which makes a staff member "doing his job". A lot of times I read or study when I moderate since mic spam is usually handled very quickly. I don't think this is distracts from my job.

I just don't think mic spam is this bad to warrant a rule like this. If you think it is bad, then send an admin chat message and even the admin not able to hear can react. It usually doesn't drag on past a round.

4. The Triforce

The Triforce Banned

As said by several people, this "rule" suggestion can't really be implemented unless staff members send in screenshots of their games. Sounds rather silly. And it only seems to be backed up by the reason that people mic spam. But it quite literally takes 2 seconds to type !gag or one key to go into the ulx menu and gag someone using it. Sure nobody is arguing the fact that border-less windowed mode is helpful, but it should in no way be mandatory.

5. Kalvinjetson13

Kalvinjetson13 *CALCIUM INTENSIFIES* VIP

You know that they're supposed to do that if they're going to be afk for more then 15 minutes right?

6. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Again, this isnt just about mic-spam. This could help pick out little brats that lie about something to get away with RDM. Such as, I heard a KOS but you never heard it which would put them under high observation to see if they constantly lie about hearing KOS's to RDM.

*FACEDESK FACEDESK FACEDESK* At what point did I say this should be "mandatory"? ohh right I didn't, i've stated this already this is not a suggestion to make an enforced rule but a suggestion that maybe will help staff drown out mic-spam and/or lying children.

I'll have you know Sir Kalvin that I personally take 20 minutes to get a drink sometimes because I get spoken to by someone and/or I get sidetracked.

Edit: As for the points made by Robert, Thank You Spectral and Turq for saying exactly as I would.

7. The Triforce

The Triforce Banned

(When you headline it with a poll like "Should all staff do this?" it does imply that you wish it to be mandatory, my apologies.)

First I want to say this, "Cutting down on lying children" is basically not possible considering there are so many loopholes that people can use to get out punishment. For a lot of them, the staff can't really do anything about it. You can't even go around in Spectator and see a situation to its full extent. Unfortunately, There are, and always will be, ways to get out of RDM. Even if some of the rules were edited, it could lead to innocent people getting slain. Which in my opinion is worse than letting someone get away with a count of RDM. Remember the staff are not on the servers to slay, kick, and ban everyone. They are there mainly to ensure everybody has the best of time as possible.

Your suggestion however is helpful to everyone, it has actually resulted in me playing with this mode enabled. Makes forum checking a lot easier. I also do know what you were getting at, "Hey look at this screen mode it might make your staff duties a bit easier."

8. Mr Butters

It does not imply anything, its merely a question for everyone on what their view would be on this function. (stupid point) apology accepted.

I've explained numerous times how this function could cut down on lying children, seems like someone is not reading the full thing but thats ok ill just let @Spectral explain how he did this and caught numerous liars. As for the spectating thing sure a staff member could miss something while spectating but this has nothing to do with spectating. YES I understand there will always be a way out of RDM, but this would decrease the amount of liars by a good portion, just requires staff attention.

How in anyway did this suggestion lead to retarded comments like this? At what point did I ever state a rule change?
    Its not a single RDM and than its over, its children that think hey I can shoot him say something dumb and get away with it whenever I so desire.

If i'm not wrong you are a newer member so attempting to explain something like staff aren't on the servers to remove everyone from said servers to me is just dumb, I know all the staff I knew all the staff that came before current staff, I know their jobs, I know their rules. Please just stop.
    This suggestion would catch out several liars and get rid of mic-spam within seconds instead of waiting for said staff member to come back from being alt tabbed to deal with reports and possibly miss (x) player singing and/or screaming.

TA-DA now you're getting it buddy.

9. The Triforce

The Triforce Banned

@Mr Butters You see, what I did in my response was correlating one situation to another. I brought up editing the rules, if you payed attention to the context of the words before and after, to compare it to your statement of lying children and then address both of them. First stating that the issue is near unsolvable, then stating "Even if THIS happened, (something that could easily fix your issue with lying children) it would have consequences to it. It was also a general statement, to be read by everyone.

But this little discussion is rather pointless, I stated I got what you were saying and I was going to be done with it. As I am now.

To address your statement, yes, I am a newer member here but that doesn't mean my knowledge can't be extensive from my vast amount of TTT experience.

10. Anaso

Anaso VIP

+1

The only thing is how would they implement it?

11. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

As he stated earlier in the thread, this is a suggestion, and not mandatory. He's simply trying to suggest to staff members that they should play the sound of the game if they alt tab out of Garry's Mod for the convenience of being able to go listen to players and tab back into the game if they hear any harassment, KOSes, mic spam, etc.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Why don't we make staff put their headphones on full blast while alt tabbed, so while they are doing something, they could listen to loud fucking children make their ears bleed?
    I honestly don't know why audio while alt tabbed is even a suggestion. Staff members will be handled and reported if they aren't doing their job. Staff currently do not need this so -1. Staff can always go window mode on gmod if they really want to, but it's pretty stupid to have it mandatory.

13. Turquoise

...You didn't read half of this thread did you.

14. I did. What is the point of suggesting this if it is not mandatory? It is already an option, so if it is 'not mandatory' then why is it suggested?

15. Turquoise

To help them to notice more of the shenanigans that occur time-to-time in the servers easier maybe?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mr Butters

Turq kinda made a point but ill expand.

Some people do not know some functions exists. Since when did a suggestion about an in-game function to help staffing duties easier in a way need to be an enforced rule suggestion? I don't see a rule that says "Hey look if you're going to suggest something to staff/players then make sure its something that can be enforced". Perhaps this suggestion was merely an attempt to show staff/players this in-game function exists because personally when I get into a game the first thing I do is generally not play with settings for 10 minutes and see what I can and can't do with said settings. Personally I haven't touched my settings for gmod, really don't care about my settings, I can get in, I can shoot, I can use my mic, ive no need for my settings. But think about what's been said, actually have a good long think about how this function could increase the enjoyment of the game for all, would you rather have a staff member alt tabbed and just checking in every 2 rounds to see if there are reports? or a staff member alt tabbed with sound play through enabled, meaning they could easily here mic-spammers and/or catch liars?

17. Its not about mods doing there jobs but about how they can get more information(not much) from being able to hear the sound. Would you like you try to talk to a mod or admin but they cant hear you, of course we most always assume that there doing there jobs so no one would ever suggest screenshots of there view, that would be ridiculous because like said before they are probably dealing with some one else at the moment or are doing something in real life like using the restroom, feeding/letting there dog out side. BUT if they are tabbed out of the game doing something like checking an email(which isn't a bad thing) but they can respond to someone asking for them. And obviously the suggestion was just that, a suggestion for the staff to use the feature. I highly doubt that the mods would be required to do this because they where trusted enough to be made a mod and to do what they need to do in order to make sure that the ttt servers are in control. Sorry for the long paragraph lol.

18. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

:))))))))))))))))))

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr Butters

@Carned the point of this suggestion was so they can easily hear the crap that goes on in-game if they alt tab, now i'm not entirely sure on this but the @ function requires you to be in-game staring at the screen. :eek: no way, really? yes really, to see in-game chat it requires you to be in the game :eek:

I shouldn't have to spam the shit out of @ till said staff returns from being alt tab to deal with his/her reports every 2 rounds.