Rejected All-Around Shit

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Red, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Played on this other new server that popped up (I was interested because they have 20 fucking TTT servers. TWENTY, yet I've never seen 'em before), and they have a lot of cool shit that I think would be cool if it's integrated into STTT. Now, I know probably all of this is gonna be rejected because ITS /SERIOUS/TTT OMEGALUL but yeah idk I've seen most of them, and while everyone has ignored most of the shit here before even though some of them were +1'd heavily by the community, now that we have an actual suggestions team I hope it will be given some more serious thought.

1. Inventory with CS:GO-like weapons and TF2-like cosmetics

PROS -
    a. You can have customizable weapons and named weapons and all that cool shit / pre-made weapons with different upgrades/downgrades
    b. You can have HATS. HATS. FUCKING HATS. also cool cosmetic effects like Unusual TF2 shit

CONS -
    a. Could be mistaken for T-weaps and stuff, + some OP guns might pop out and ruin the fun
    - doesn't seem to be a problem in this other server, people just take time to get used to new shit
    - constant re-balancing of weaps + ensuring sufficient downgrades to counter the upgrades of the weapons can fix this (e.g. shit-ton more recoil / shoot speed for high damage weaps etc)
    b. idk this one people hated some years ago, re-suggesting because a lot of people have come and gone

1.1 Unboxing and shit - method of getting the customized weapons and cosmetics besides random drops, works literally like all valve unboxing, and trading

PROS -
    a. New stuff people can sink points into; can be used as incentive for buying ranks (e.g. you get 2 crates if you happen to have them drop on you)
    b. Actual ~economy~

CONS -
    a. idk you guys point out some

1.2 Levels

tl;dr you need to be at a certain level to equip certain shit

PROS -
    a. Incentive to play more
    CONS -
    a. idk its cliche?

2. Gambling

Heavily requested in the past I believe, nothing came out of it before but now who knows
    This server had all kinds of wacky shit (literally everything you'll see on a CSGO gambling site like Jackpot, Crash, etc) but tbh, from all the past threads I feel like people really just want a way to bet on who wins like Ts win or Innos win, or maybe who gets most inno/T/D kills etc

3. Daily quests

tl;dr a lot of different shit you can do everyday for points

PROS -
    a. More point earning
    b. Some side-quest thingies that people can entertain themselves with while playing
    c. Boost dopamine levels for when people do a daily so they get hooked easier

CONS -
    a. More point earning
    b. May lead to people RDMing if it's a T's killed quest or some shit
    - Can be remedied by holding the progress if they get reported, and voiding it if they get slain
    c. idk addiction is bad for ppl but good for the server?

4. More fun-rounds but not as intense

tl;dr instead of having a whole new minigame randomly, it's just normal TTT, but with a twist. (e.g. you only get to use pistols, or you're all huge or you're all very fast or you're all idk more examples), and it's more common than normal fun-rounds

Anyways. Most of this is fun shit but I also recognize how dumb some of them are, so, y'know, you guys do your part in deciding which ones may be worth adding

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Dumb x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

I don't think inventory will ever happen here and it really doesn't fit our "theme". Daily quests or whatever you want to call them would be great and wacky rounds were all trash when I played on there so I don't support that idea.

3. veL

veL VIP

Nah, the biggest reason I play SGM and only SGM is because every other TTT server is full of those ugly cosmetics like trails and hats and jetpacks and all that crap. SGM actually seems clean and professional and doesn't appeal to children.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

All of them remind me of a DarkRP server except the hat idea. But the hat idea just makes things seem weird.

-1 for all of them

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jshore

jshore VIP

so *******

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Why make this server like that other server when you can just go there and play? I mean I am not outright objecting to these suggestions because I can understand where you are coming from. Having played SGM for 4 years I often find the content to become boring and repetitive, and the slow moving content updates coming as a result of a lack of developers and the like is frustrating as well. It seems to me that TTT is sort of being neglected to focus on improving other parts of the community, but many regulars will agree that TTT is the motherfuckin bread and butter. Without it this community aint shit. So yeah, I agree with the idea behind this thread: Do something. Something that makes for more re-play-ability. Even if it is just cool mini-events. Anyhow I guess I'm pretty indecisive about all this. I like parts of it, but on the other hand I don't want to turn TTT into moat. We are a different server all together, and copying them would be a really idiotic thing for us to do considering.

7. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

down for daily missions plus 1 to that

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

These ideas are interesting.

Proven concept that many do like, and I do think it can be fun.
    But I feel like our servers are set up and geared toward a very specific experience. It's fast-paced, fun, and fair. And it is clean. Not a ton of confusing things cluttering up your view, no guy with a ten foot hat because epic meme. We have some cosmetics to reward long-time players with some cool celebratory stuff (anniversary and holiday exclusives).
    Pointshop perks do give players slight upgrades for detective/traitor gear, but they're mostly quality of life (except ds heal which is absolutely ridiculous and I love it. But it's OP, seriously).
    Inventory, I think, would make gameplay confusing and a bit unfair here and I would dislike it.

For those reasons, -1.

1.1)
    No because nothing to roll from boxes because no inventory.
    Though, giving a daily 'mystery point' box with a random # of points (e.g. a boost of 100-1000 points) could be cool and encourage some newer players to return again, since it'd reward new players in particular (giving them access to the coveted crowbar speed on vanilla. And cool Det/T upgrades on modded). And once you join, you may as well play a round or two. Meaning the server has more population, making it more likely to attract more players, win-win. Just a spin on the loot box idea, as an idea independent from Inventory.

+1 as a concept, but -1 to the way you suggest implementing it.

1.2)
    This one dies with inventory and I don't really have any comment for it. -1

If you want to throw points at a maybe, there's the lottery.
    I'd sooner support a point boost for winning the round - like how you currently contribute extra hype points for surviving the round, etc.
    I personally don't find the gambling thing appealing.

So for me, -1.

I kinda support this.
    But a counter argument might be "oh but if you need X headshots, then it might cause RDM". It'd be fine if the quests were stuff like T objectives ("Get 3 harpoon kills" - T quests will generally not cause RDM) or general play ("Play for 60 minutes") - that'd at least prevent any RDM shenanigans from spawning off it.

So.. Depending on execution, +1.

As I understand the idea, I don't think it'd be much fun for me.
    For me, fun rounds are rounds with fun-damentally (it's a pun) different objectives and gameplay to the regular rounds.
    Having it be regular rounds - butwithatwist.jpg - ... yeah, doesn't interest me.
    If it's just TTT but pistols only or everyone is fast or whatever - that doesn't provide much change to break up the pace. Yes, it's different, but it's still same'y.
    Whereas if you get Team Deathmatch you finna kill every mfer with a different skin colour - A mission I can personally get behind :sneaky: - but it completely changes the objective and the game becomes a basic FPS, which can be a breath of fresh air when you've been sussing people left and right for 3 hours.

I don't feel like these rounds would serve the function I see the fun rounds having, so -1

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  9. OMG its FunDip

OMG its FunDip Active Member

You know i actually like this idea, and hope the owner considers this, because this would add more fun to the ttt servers. people might enjoy playing with new toys and stuff.

10. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Our TTT servers were built around the idea of staying as loyal as possible to the original gamemode, and avoiding clutter, noise and drastic changes.
    There are a ton of servers out there which are hyper customized - like this community you mentioned - and that's fine, some people enjoy this more. But SGM is about the opposite: a cleaner and less cluttered experience. This is something you see less and less in TTT, and so SGM remains the choice of many players who just want to play TTT without all the nonsense around it. Our customizations are usually purely cosmetic and as unintrusive as possible, and we avoid anything that is too drastic.

Like Paci said, there are already communities that provide all the things you suggest, so there's not much of a point in us trying to copy them - just go play there if you prefer it like so. SGM doesn't aim to be like these server because this is what differs us from them, and what many people are looking for.

That being said, the achievements/dailies idea is something I can confirm I am working on for a while. This is an idea that can be very beneficial to us, and I hope to have more to show you about this in the nearby future.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Dargar

Dargar VIP Bronze

No. I never want to see hats or cosmetics, or trails. Ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Yes. Fucking. PLEASE.

No cosmetics. Old community decided to add cosmetics instead of normal updates and the thing died.

Or loot boxes! N O.

Something that COULD be added that I feel would be cool.. Is as Opal said, achievements. Same community also had that. You had to do certain tasks, for example kill a certain amount of a certain role. One that was annoying was kill 3 traitors as a detective. Not many people got it. Server never had enough people to have 3 traitors oof.

13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

jk lmao but yea tbh if you wanna play all that custom garbo then this isn't for you.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Don't force my hand to buy points to unbox good skins.

15. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

You can also make client side changes if you really don't like the look/feel of things. My crowbar is a butterfly knife, my knife is a karambit and my AWP is a dragon lore. Adds a little more fun to my experience.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

These suggestions fucking suck

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.