Alien Map

Discussion in 'Maps' started by mysteriousglitch, Oct 1, 2017.

1. mysteriousglitch

mysteriousglitch Not just any Glitch, it's Mysterious! VIP

There was a map Big Al made forever ago, I was wondering if we could give that map another shot please! It was the Alien Map he had made, from my understandings he wanted it taken down do too many negative comments on it but honestly it's better than most the maps we play on and I heard more good than bad when it was up. I don't know the whole story on why it was taken down but I thought it was a sick map and would love if it got another chance on the servers!!!

I mean who won't love unleashing the face huggers on innocents!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Yes. @Opalium add a rule or use lua to disable / modify the inno win method that got abused and made it get removed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mysteriousglitch

oh is that what happened, cause all I was told was like I said it was cause people were being toxic, had big al on my friends list at one point and talked with him about it but yea if that's what happened then ya I'd agree if it was something that was game breaking of which is how it sounds XD

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

yea some people were being toxic and constantly doing the inno win method. I'm not normally one to leak who was being toxic, but it was me and winchester kek

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Honestly, I did that as well until I found out it was an exploit / bug that caused the door to disappear. I was blindly exploiting without knowing that for a good amount of time since I was just having fun and liked that door going purple. I miss that map honestly because of the unique traitor traps like the aliens (were they crabheads???). The other issue I had was the lack of guns, I remember seeing an armory of ammo back in that map, but I believed it was behind the exploitable door as well. T rooms kind of sucked as it was in a vent I think

6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The map wasn't very good though in general

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Moved to subforum:
    TTT suggestions > Map suggestions

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Yay

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I really disliked this map, it was pretty boring considering how it was a massive map filled with hallways and stuff.

10. mysteriousglitch

So are many of the TTT maps, honestly I don't care how the map looks as long as it's fairly balanced and before all the exploits were happening, aka when the map was first pushed out, it was a fun map to me I loved it. I mean if we can get someone to edit the map or even talk Big Al into probably working on it again, which from what he's personally told me I'm not sure if he'd be up to it. But I mean every map has had a rehaul at on point or another. The general concept of the map is good, and I thought it had a lot of rooms, I mean maybe the T testing room could be shrunk down a bit and add a couple small rooms. Other than that from what I remember there was a lot of rooms, yea the T's only had hallways for a T room, but that forces the T's out to play more, than camping. Honestly I rarely go into a T room to do anything. The only time I've found myself in a T room for a period of time is to heal up and then I leave it XD

11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Nostalgia has caused me to look back in awe with that map. Fact of the matter was that it was a dark map, had a buggy innocent win method, was easy as fuck for traitors and honestly boring because most of the innocents just hung out in the massive ass tester room. That room is so bad because traitors cant bomb it easily given how big it is.

Simply put... It was ok but we got too many maps as is and I don't think we need to add back maps that saw negative comments at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

Alien was a good map

• Like Like x 1