Alerts from the Followed Ones

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Doben, Feb 15, 2018.

?

Do you want to get alerts from the followed people?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Doben

Doben Party Monster VIP

I came up with the idea of being able to get notifications from the people I follow whenever they post something or create a thread, or when it's their birthday. I thought it would be nice to follow their actions on forums so "following" part could fulfill its meaning completely.

*Of course it should also have a part on the alert preferences section so we can enable the alerts or disable them if we don't want to get any. (so no spam for the ones following 1000 people)
    *I shared this idea with @Opalium but he also doesn't know if it's doable for now or not.

So share what do you think about this idea? Would you like to have such a feature on forums?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I hover over the forums like a starving vulture already, so I don't want nor need this.
    But it would be a cool functionality for those who're interested :sleep:
    +.5?

For the time being, you can just check your news feed:
    [​IMG]

3. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

+1
    In the beginning I thought following meant getting alerts whenever they do something which wasn’t the case I noticed after. So I would like to see it actually have that function.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Add something new so I can just disable it POGGERS

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Salem

Salem VIP

I can see how this would be nice for some people, personally I would need to actually test it to see if I plan to keep it enabled or disabled. But this wouldn't be bad to add

+1

7. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Yea it wouldn't be bad at all if they were was a disable/enable switch as well

+1

8. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

You don't realize I've changed my notification settings. I only get notifications from followed posts, 75% of the time I turn them off; posts I'm mentioned in; on my profile; on my posts on other member's profiles; my forum posts. I dont get notifications from random things.

9. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I don't even know how to see the activity of the people I follow...

Sounds like a good idea tho. +1

• Informative Informative x 1