AFKing, Petty Reports, and discussion of the most recent reports

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by ori with a gun, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Yellow

Yellow VIP

I think we can all agree that reporting people for RDM in a 3 player game where 1 person is AFK is just stupid.

1) Normally a slay punishes the person rdming because he won't be able to play for a round but if there's only 3 people online 1 of them being AFK it will also punish the person reporting because he can't play a game; he can only kill the AFK.

2) The slay round only lasts 10 seconds it takes more time to make the report then to sit out the slay.

but there's nothing wrong with what the mod did, it's just a dickmove to report in this scenario imo

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Pierogi

Pierogi Special Properations Administrator VIP

As far as the 3 player round is concerned, it is still technically RDM. You don't know if the AFK is a T or not, so killing the non-AFK for no reason is by definition random.

I generally avoid reporting people on low pop (<10 people) if I can. People generally like to be a little looser with the rules during low pop, so if someone's reason for killing me is a bit overzealous, I just PM them to let them know not to do it again. Reporting on <5 players feels somewhat analogous to reporting for <10 damage - technically it is your right to report, but it's kinda petty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I think you guys are overcomplicating things. First of all, hellaflush shoulda been fspeced. Him being afk dramatically ruined the game. Additionally, did trash ever ask sanchez to fspec him? Also, I think Ori was right to slay. It sounds like Trash was rdming sanchez and or hellaflush based upon who he saw first. If Hellaflush wasn't afk, would you still feel like this was justifiable killings? Probably not. There is no part of the rules that say that population of a server dictates the level of enforcement, and moderators don't have that discretionary power anyways.

Just my opinion obviously.

• Winner Winner x 2

4. If helflush wasn't afk I would not have killed him, but since he was for the past hour then I really doubt he would come back

Edit: and yeah, I should have asked sanchez to fspec him

5. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Is there some hidden AFK epidemic that I don't know about? It's not like our servers are RIFE with AFKs. If a player is AFK, it is usually brought to the attention of staff by other players or by said AFKs delaying a round. I can guarantee you that there is no "secret directive" among staff to keep AFKs out of spectator.

edit: Ok yeah, vel and hellaflush do something to get out of spec, just to go back to being AFK. I'll give you that one.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

h3llaflush is the most notorious afk player i have ever seen, he's always afk but never in spectator for multiple rounds on end its like he's avoiding the auto afk somehow, and on the rare off-chance that he does get moved into spectator whether it be by staff or TTT itself he comes back to play a round and a half and then fucking disappears again. i swear whenever i start to notice a round getting delayed i always see this fucking goon afk not dead and not moved into spectator even though the round has lasted for 8 fucking minutes

vel is also notorious afker but at least vel comes back when you message them

ps. all of the mods on the staff team suck absolute donkey dick at punishing people who delay/who are afk, I've seen multiple times where the last t hasnt done something for 4+ minutes in a round and the staff either don't warn at all or barely warn once. grow some fucking nuts and slay a mfer after global warning them 3 times it's not that hard

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. @weet.

But besides that, I like these comments. I agree with both sides of the argument here. I like Sanchez, he's very helpful and a good person based on all my interactions with him. I don't really know trash that well so I can't speak on his character. I do however, side a little more with trash on this one than Sanchez.

While RDM is bad, what more could you do in this situation? Three dudes with 1 afk just isn't TTT and is not a functional game. The afk definitely does halt the game in my eyes here. Idk whats up with TTT not autospecing someone without staff intervention, it seems to me that its broken somehow and doesn't work when it should be, which is why staff have to do it themselves. I get what Ryan said how staff want to give someone enough time to come back and play the round, and I appreciate that. That makes sense if its during that round still, but if its 2+ rounds of being afk, you know they're gonna take a while. Plus, they can always unspectate when they do.

I agree that everyone has the right to report for any justifiable reason. I do it even when someone might think that its petty, and sometimes, it is. If I feel wronged in a situation, I want the other person to receive the appropriate discipline no matter how small. Sanchez was 100% reporting with a justifiable cause, because he was getting RDM'd. I don't think he did anything wrong here, but I personally would have handled it differently. There just weren't enough players to functionally play TTT and I understand completely as to why trash decided to just shoot whoever he ran into first. Its either he kills a T or he kills an inno and then kills the AFK T, which should be the case at all. Hellflush is definitely the most afk looking head ass dude I ever did see, so after even 1 round I probably would have forced him into spectate mode.

Now, if someone reports you for legit RDM in this scenario once like Ryan mentioned, you should probably stop RDMing and at least explain why you did it and discuss with them. If they understand and wish to continue a FFA then go ahead. They don't accept these terms, then don't RDM them any further, just leave or try to repop. If its a staff member you're playing with, you should ask them to force spectate the AFK especially if its that stinky boy hellflush (love you hell <3). The staff member doesn't have to do it until they feel its warranted, but in my opinion I think that rule needs to be changed. AFK's do affect the game much more than staff tend to believe, and in the past, it's always bugged me to have afk teammates or when the final T was afk and all the innos ran around wasting 10+ minutes because they didn't know what to do. In these situations I think I specifically remember either Josh Jabba or Ryan being present and I asked them to force spectate on the afk and they denied my request even though everyone and their mom knew that boy been afk for the entire round and had been holding up the game at that point. It was weird at the time because I always remembered asking staff to autospec someone who was afk, and 99% of the time they complied no questions asked. Then one day the admins said its not a rule. I don't remember who those staff members were but I appreciate the hell out of them for not holding up the game.

Big pp out.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

In my miniscule playtime in the past month I have found it nearly every time on a modded server, especially with @veL (if you're doing it intentionally then I have some more colorful words), and every time I @ chat, I think one time a staff member did it, I'm typically ignored, I can say with confidence my experience is that the majority of staff aren't doing this properly from how it used to be in other lead eras.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

As a broad thing: We should all be using the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Ya'll don't expect people to get arrested for jaywalking or a speeding ticket for 1 mph/kph faster than the speed limit. Worst case scenario a mod is in a scenario where the letter is restricting their options, they can just ask the discord @administrator role for discretion.

RDM is a rule for ruining someone's round and experience, I can guarantee h3llaflushes experience wasn't ruined when he was killed by xxxx (legit forgot who started this report doesn't matter though) maybe sanchez could say they were affected but at that point if I was in that scenario, just take it on the chin it was what like 3 rounds of 3-5 players, go ahead and try to explain to me how your gameplay experience was tragically ruined.

• Like Like x 2