admin mentality

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Silent Rebel, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solar has a point you said you have a whole list of problems that won't get fixed but haven't really gave examples except "the staff or robots and the suck each other off hur hur". The only way to improve a community is to bring forth the problems and try to solve them as a community not to just sit around and bitch about it and hope change is made.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I said it once. Once =/= multiple; you should learn math lmao.

You also said you'd address something about the problems but you're here just being samholio (y)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Please share if you have, I ain't here to :poop:. Spit it out so we can discuss what is on your mind :cool: #thenagotiator

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

ew

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

The idea that volunteer staffers of any variety are held to some higher standard amuses the shit out of me. They're still just people with their own sense of humor who are literally doing nothing more than doing some extra to ensure the servers don't burn. We can't even get POTUS off of Twitter making derp-assed comments, you think you're going to shame SGM admins in to behaving? Good luck.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. sam.

sam. VIP

• Mods are tryhards for the role and when they finally get it their activity drops dramatically. I only see a couple people with 40+ hours biweekly. (do you enjoy being a useless admin Solar?)
    • It seems that you admins only pick up people that'll 'staff' the server instead of trying to find people that are promising to help SGM and it's future.
    • When I see a mod/admin I want to say I know them for doing something. Problem is, I can't for most of these mods and admins that are getting promoted.
    • Make sure before picking someone up they actually do something notable for the community.
    I can go on but you get the point. You have problems that you don't want to face because you're too lazy. There are people that want to see the community strive and some people that are just here to take up a mod/admin spot to half ass their job. Like you Solar.

and if you want more people to like you maybe make some good jokes next time.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

Ah yes, something notable like make an exact clone of SGM, and when you realize it will fail jump ship and come back to the community you literally copy pasted and suck dick to try and become staff? Something notable like that?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  8. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Hingle

Fuck off im on mobile motherfucker.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

1. It's a damn shame that unpaid staff members don't go above and beyond to get more than double their required 15 hours every two weeks.
    2. You mean they pick people who will take the role seriously more often then people who apply so they get powerz?
    3. There are plenty of mods and higher ups that I know for their playstyle, mannerisms/habits. To name a few, olivia, Aria, Katness, Destiny Blade, giraffe, Ashes Relandi, Joker, Pacifist, and more, I could go on.
    4. You mean picking staff should be a popularity contest and not a position for people who actually would get the job done, with the proper free time, mentality, and attitude?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. sam.

sam. VIP

man you're good at repeating something 100 of people have said before you. how many times before it gets old?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. Hingle

I just didn’t want you to forget that you’re an actual retard.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. sam.

sam. VIP

How do you not get the point? Even opalium thinks that the points I made make sense.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. sam.

sam. VIP

So you're saying that everything I said was wrong because I made a community alike to SGM? So anything that I said could be said by someone else that didn't do what I did would be right? Just because he isn't me?

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

You keep saying that, perhaps the rest of the class could benefit from looking into this conversation between you two. Maybe there's a thread I'm unaware of, or you might have screenshots to share with us?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hingle

I’m saying you have no context for your statement. You have no idea what really goes into picking up mods. You have no idea how admins actually go through and pick who they want. We don’t just look at activity, there are many things that go into selecting someone for a position of staff.

While I can’t disagree that admin activity tanks and is bad, I can say that one of the reason is that you now have to manage 4 other people and that is time consuming. They’re more lax on admin hours because admins have more to attend to then just staffing the servers.

Also, no one picks someone up just because they’ll staff a server, and just because they haven’t don’t anything notable for you doesn’t mean the admin feels the same way.

I’m saying your an idiot because you’ve never been apart of the process here, you are by default ignorant on its inner workings.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Husky