admin mentality

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Silent Rebel, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

• Funny x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. +1 for president

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I thought that gameboy advanced joke was hilarious.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

same

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

Let’s set an example, then punish anyone who follows it. Great work guys keep it up!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Xerp

Xerp VIP

yeah wtf
    sgms going into a shithole

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

inb4 locked for being too accurate

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

+1 your owner app

• Like Like x 1
  10. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i want to fucking die

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I'm confused.

I'm pretty sure the appeal was denied because he armed a C4 and it RDMed 4 people. I don't even see where he said any lighthearted comments?
    And also this may come as a shock, but the person appealing the ban/making the report should take it seriously, not so the much the person handling it, so long as they're justified in their decision, which Agent and Solar both were

But that's just me

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Every admin does what they want with discretion which causes issues, this isn't the first time and it won't be the last as upper administration isn't going to change a system that's worked well enough for ages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Rightfully or wrongfully, it isn't a stretch to say admins are the most disliked staff right now, and that doesn't just come from nowhere. They regularly talk down to players, and don't follow decorum that is standard in the server when it comes reports made against them, or appeals made to them, sometimes showing passive aggression and making dumb jokes of vastly-varying levels, especially when involving veteran players they disagree with. And just because this is subjective doesn't mean it should be dismissed out of hand. If you, as members of the community, truly believe in making yourself and the server better, take this criticism and do something with it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Don't conveniently ignore the fact that he armed a C4 as an innocent that later killed 4 people. Admins don't just accept literally every appeal. Usually you have to reason why the rule "doesn't count" in this case. (Like when you get banned for RDM and leave but it was just a result of a PC crash or something.) The guy was rightfully banned and the appeal was rightfully denied.

What I don't get is why Solar made the "too bad you didn't take the appeal seriously" comment in the first place.

I don't see why it's such a problem to not be ultra-serious constantly. Some people like to be themselves instead of having this fake "professional" persona on a fucking Garry's Mod server of all things.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

It's because of a conversation you don't have context of.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

transparency v2 [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Was it a thing where you sorta repeated what he said but in a new context and you totally OWNED him?

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

I don't really see where you're coming from, Agent A made a joke in a report against on of his moderators, so what? Are you really butthurt over a joke? If he had said the words gba, instead of the images of gameboy advance, would it have made any difference?

Also, with Darragh's appeal, unfortunately, he deserved the ban. If you arm a c4, you are responsible for the deaths of the people killed by it. Darragh (in his original appeal), stated that everyone was gba, and that was his reason for killing them, and solar fired back with "Calling everyone GBA is not even a call-out to kill... everyone.". Because of this reasoning to kill everyone, the report was denied. If Darragh had posted the report and modified it into an appeal, I assume that he would have had a greater chance of being unbanned.

Besides, it's the moderators you should hate.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

Yeah mods are scum

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.