ADHD and the FAA; Bad combinations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My Dime Is Up, Aug 26, 2019.

1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hi everyone,

Took an extended break to get my entire life in order after finding out flying with a diagnosis of ADHD isn't as simple as stopping the medication. I've been in contact with at least 3 doctors and 2 neuropsychologists coordinating the entire questions/picking my preferred AME and neuropsychologist without parents (Since they don't know their way around this stuff. It is very hard to understand) along with getting over 120+ pages medical records, mailed, scanned manually and sent over to these physicians. I really don't want to type too much here and bore you since I have elaborated on everything on the GoFundMe. All I can say is that I've acknowledged the fact that I can't really do this alone and need the help of people. Hopefully, my annoyingness hasn't caused too many people to hate me here! just joking pls

Anyway, I couldn't express in words how grateful I'd be for even the smallest donation as it would be a big help. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/private-pilots-license-adhd-hindrance

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Had the same problem, wanted to either go to military or police, but they just told me, u have ADHD, you're not allowed...

Even though I had been off medication for years, still don't use them and went best at the mental test they made...

Lige is wierd.
    Good luck!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

hey, yeah keep taking the meth. it definitely helps. i quit taking it 8 years ago and flunked out of college. im thinking about getting back on it lately because of how much effort its taking me to stay focused and multi task

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

5. My Dime Is Up

While true in high school, it is vital for my college. I'm a junior now and am preparing for college counseling and the only thing I want to secure is my medical so I know I can definitely fly. I don't want to go to University of North Dakota, Embry-Riddle, or Purdue and then find out my medical was denied and can never fly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. good luck getting... 5ko_Oo_O

7. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Bro.. just don't tell them? They aren't going to subpoena your medical records... seriously, do u know how many people lie about their mental illnesses to get into the military and such? It's surprisingly easy, they have to court order your medical records which takes time and money and nobody wants to deal with that shit. Sounds like it might be too late tho

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  8. My Dime Is Up

Its a federal offense and also flying for 30+ years with the constant fear that if I screw up with ATC, have an incident, or whatever hanging over my head for that long knowing that my career was built on a lie and can be cut at any second is something I can't/wouldn't do. Oh and yeah they do take your medical records. Check out the delta pilot who was just arrested for lying to the FAA (https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt...th-issues-keep-flying/x9NZ6v6ufqewPaQRC8QpGL/)

9. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Damn looks like they just recently doing that in 2015 because of that crash in the article. used to be able to get away with it. It seems to have to do more with the VA benefits than the actual medical diagnosis though tbh, there had to be something that prompted them to compare the records.

10. My Dime Is Up

Nah bro they just use computers now and it's mostly all automated (besides the reviewing of what the computer possibly finds). Besides the moral factor, I went to CHOP(Children's Hospital of Philadelphia). It's not some small local person I went to be diagnosed and it'd also be damn well easy because I also had prescriptions for at least 10+ years until I stopped.

11. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

This is quite a solid piece of general discussion. I like the ties it has to the community and all game modes that we support here at Serious GMod. Although, a nagging feeling is telling me this might have been better if placed in another subforum. Let me think about that for a bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1