adding weapons/skins from other serious TTT servers to the minecraft only server

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by NeverGhostin, Dec 11, 2017.

1. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

I think it would attract way more people to the minecraft only server if there were skins and more weapon varieties on the minecraft only server. Yes it may be called vanilla but it doesn't hurt to change it. People play on minecraft to not have long map download times(most of the time). The weapons/skins/t-menu items in the other servers would honestly make the server way better while still letting simple pc's run the maps

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

Since I'm first I'm going to state the obvious.

It's Called "V A N I L L A" for a reason.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

The current setup keeps the download times small and reasonable, for players who want to jump right into a game of TTT without much waiting. While this wouldn't hurt the size too much, the current configuration does have a charm to it and an addition like this could take away from that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

One of the principles for Vanilla was to keep the download times as low as possible. To my knowledge, the only weapons used on the vanilla server are those included within the CS:confused: weapon models. This is because you need the CS:confused: textures to properly play TTT, and so everyone will already have CS:confused: and the weapon models that come along with it. Therefore, when new players load into the Vanilla server they won't need to download the weapon models because they'll already have them, which helps lower download time.

Having said all that...
    If I'm not mistaken, there are still a few weapons from the CS:confused: game that have not been added to Vanilla yet. One of those being the Sig 552:
    [​IMG]

Everyone should already have that gun model as part of their textures, meaning this weapon could be added without impacting download times! (could be mistaken so I'll tag @Opalium for correction if needed).

Either way, even if we can't add more vanilla weapons such as the Sig 552, it would still be nice if some of the current weapons were tweaked a bit. (ie. increasing the damage of the MP5, increasing firerate of M16, increasing damage of Famas), so that more weapons can compete on the level of the AK47 on the vanilla server.

5. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

oof but why no triple harpoon, I mean it's in the fun round already so it's a possibility

• Like Like x 1