Accepted Add "Killing an innocent" to the traitorous acts.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by LegendofCharks, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Having just experienced a sever wide argument, I ask that the following be clarified.

If a player (Innocent or traitor) kills a innocent, is seen/caught, and they say "he started shooting first/ rdmer", would they be at the mercy of the detective and/or other players?

2. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Damaging other players is already traitorous.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This was me that was stating that. I just feel that causing a chain RDM shouldn't result in only one slay.

4. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

But please, use some common sense and dont just go for the kill. This is Serious TTT, play it accordingly.

5. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Yes, don't just walk up and be like "You were shooting, DIE!!!!!" That usually doesn't work out well. Figure out the situation and then start shooting. Too many times do I die because people walk up on a firefight and end up shooting the wrong person because they immediately started shooting when they saw the firefight. They didn't stop to see if either one was calling out the other or if one of them is proven; they just proceed to mow both people down.

This also ends up happening when there is a unidentified body and someone doesn't see it right away and someone else comes up, sees the dead body, sees the other person there, and KOS them for being near a unidentified body. This type of situation makes me wish there was a rule that you have to give someone a chance to id the body before mowing them down, if they don't want to/refuse to id the body; drop them. If they id it, suspect them for now and be on your merry way.

6. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

The problem with that is, as soon as any reasonable person was questioned they would id the body and just move one.

7. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I never understood that rule much. What kind of T would be standing over an un-ided anyways? Kill, move on. Or burn it.

8. shadowdragoon66

@Stormcreator: If you are innocent then why would you have a problem with IDing a body? So why die because someone walked up on you before you had a chance to ID and kill you for being there?

@Eduardopy: Depends on the situation. I for one do not ID bodies if I know there are no innocents in the immediate area that will see me walking away. That way if the body goes undiscovered, it will still show up on the leaderboards as being alive whenever innocents and detectives look at it. Its a rule that is there to deter rage from people who get killed because they didn't have a chance to identify bodies.

I am not suggesting a rule of this nature for no apparent reason. I have played on servers that have had this rule and it does help to cut down on things like rdm chains. Besides, no one likes to be the first one to the scene where a T just got done killing a bunch of people and then get blasted without a chance to say anything because someone else got there a little later and assumed you were the T because you hadn't had the chance to ID the bodies. Either impliment a rule of this nature if you guys want or do not; if makes no difference to me. I would rather people get the chance to "suggest" their innocence than to be falsely mowed down because someone assumed they were a traitor. This will help eliminate the instances where an innocent kills a T but then gets dropped by someone who just arrived at the scene after the firefight and killed the innocent person thinking they were a T.

9. Shades

Shades VIP

I'd just like to Put This in Bold and Underlined. Common Sense.

10. shadowdragoon66

If common sense was common then everyone would have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.