Add !hide and !show commands

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Tinbuster00, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

I feel like something similar to this has been suggested before but I can't seem to find it

A few servers I used to play on used a custom !hide command that would make everyone else's player models and trails invisible just for them. It helped out with people who don't have the best PCs or just for people that don't want to see trails/people.

The !show command would just reverse that above.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

There might be some reasons you need to be able to see your team but I agree that it would help people with a poor PC.I have also heard that trails/player models prevent lag for some people and this could help.
    +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. To add on to the facts about trails. The GPU would have a easier time processing less partial effects rather than players themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Gonna #Bump this, it's not ideal to see a diablo block your view just as you're about to jump..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Bumping because I know how helpful this could be for Deathrun players. Plus what everyone has said above.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Also, the lag given due to the amount of players effects bhopping. I have spontaneously lost velocity due to this, or I'm just dumb and can't strafe correctly while looking at 16+ players running.

7. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

<3
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

+1 I don't see why not

9. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

Please. +1

10. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

+1 Trying to get up the wall jumps on asiatech and all the trails and models make me basically blind.

11. Chewie

12. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Sorry to bump this, but this is seriously needed. Like just the !disabletrails is needed. It lags me bad and i really dont like them, no matter how pretty they are. please add this

13. Chewie

bumping again, its hard to see when its crowded on deathrun which is like never but still. @PixeL @Opalium and @ whoever else is in charge of stuff like this