Duplicate Add !forgive for reports

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Peter, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter

Peter VIP

There have been times where I reported someone for RDM and after they explained their piece to me, I understood and realized I should not have reported them. Then a mod comes a few rounds later and ends up slaying him, even after I ask the mod to forgive it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. audrey

audrey batty VIP

This has been suggested a lot over the years and each time it has been rejected. We do not want players to be able to forgive any report; this allows too much room for exploitation. It is at a mod's discretion whether or not they forgive accidental kills, and intentional kills, even if forgiven, should be punished so that a lesson can be learned and the action is not repeated. Friends could abuse this to RDM each other, causing RDM chains and karma loss; individuals could intentionally RDM others and then say they didn't understand or that it was an accident and get away with it because they play on the empathy of the other player; etc etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

Can we make a rule to stop posts like this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

I find it very ironic when people complain about the fact that so many people want this change and then, in the same line, say that it keeps getting denied because "we don't want it".

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hello,

We're probably not going to see a forgive option to reports as it is not necessary; our staff still must investigate the damage to make sure it didn't cause a chain or result in Mass RDM.

We already have a forgiveness policy.

This suggestion will be marked duplicate and locked. 20190302_095629.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.