Rejected Add a vote punishment system.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Hongo, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Consider implementing a vote kick system to sgm servers?

1. Yeah, I want that.

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. No, I don’t want that.

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan

ryan yeet VIP

Guys think about the advantages here we can vote kick Hongo and the staff away.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. 11Cent

11Cent : ) VIP

lol -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. food

food VIP

Again, I've seen the voting system you're suggesting, and it could work for muting and slaying, but it could also be easily abused.
    Also with the vote system, it can't really handle rdm, because of all the variables it has. the only time it *maybe* could is if the guy is RDMing everybody. Even in the rare case that happens, they'll just get karma banned.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

As a fun little experiment of this idea, I’ve added a poll to this suggestion to see whether or not we should consider it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

as long as we can target staff with it, yes

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I mean theres only been 1 +1 soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

Your heart is in the right place but such a voting system can be abused.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Been there
    Done that
    The end
    (Lazy to search it up but it has been suggested, not once, not twice.)

Also tl;dr it
    The reason why those previous got shut down is mainly because of the same reason,
    1. Would bring group trolling to a server.
    2. Backseat moderators will be real.
    3. Staff will have a headache to handle multiple of false incident.
    4. What else can I say.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Only way I could see this being any sort of manageable is by limiting it to trial staff, and require them to collect evidence of why player is being kicked/gagged/muted. Anything else could be fairly easily abused so -1

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I didn't ask for your feedback, APE.

I asked you guys to discuss what we could do about rdm when theres no staff on; reporting on forums does jack shit for immediate gameplay because it takes you guys hours to take action sometimes, and players are left with literally no choice but to combat rdm with rdm; I've been banned for it before because fucking RDM wars start and we end up needing to kos people immediately after the round starts.

Your weak arguments are the same arguments that were used by the Crown when America became it's own country. Democracy, abusable? Really? Go back to your cave. The staff team loves oligarchy and that's a fact, and your opinion isn't welcome tbh

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Good Christ, Snowy actually said something I agree with

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Hongo

Hongo VIP

when did you turn into a shill?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

You ever play CSGO as a solo with a group of 4 on your team? They say "Clutch or kick!", and you die. So, they actually fucking kick you because they have the majority.

Thing is with a democracy, there's this awful thing called "Tyranny of the Majority", detailed in a few of the Federalist Papers.
    This tyranny of the majority is exactly why we don't have a direct democracy. We vote in our congressmen, and they do what should be best in the country (yeah I know that doesn't always happen, but they overall do an OK job so heck off).

Same concept applies with this suggestion. A democracy is not perfect, and can be easily abused. It's not hard for a group of 5 friends to hop on, and vote kick or gag some person they don't like. That's just not cool, yo.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Yup this pretty much what happens. I abuse this system all the time.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Why not grant this ability to seasoned members of the server? This is a great idea, but people just aren't grasping outside of the idea of only everyone having it. Almost every server has some form of 'trusted' rank with these powers designated by the staff. It's a good idea, but it just needs a little more to it to make people go, "Oh, I can agree with that." If someone abuses it, they lose it. Simple.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

if we added this then rip squeakers, or anyone who is unpopular.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Okay, how about this;

No vote gagging or muting, ONLY vote kick/ban, but there has to be a way to prove that the person being voted out is bad.

Like, a karma minimum. Like if someone has below 700 karma, they become greenlit in the menu. That way it CAN'T be abused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. 11Cent

11Cent : ) VIP

i dont see how this would make it not abuse able. and if they are getting low karma, why not just let a karma ban take place?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. Hongo

Hongo VIP

because literally fucking OKAY SHILL MASTER.

I was banned recently for "rdm x3 im a retard staff woo woo" because the fucking asshat who I was kosing at the start of the round would kill people, then go afk until the next map to avoid karma bans and then Aspiring idiot screenshotted my kos and painted me as being toxic / rdming. Like, what the fuck do you assholes want. I get banned, I DON'T appeal it, I try to be constructive and come up with solutions but none of you are fucking working with me here, you're all against me all the time lmfao.

There is no WINNING with you shits, I swear to god.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  20. Hongo

Hongo VIP

And the kicker is, The dude never got banned LMAO. HE NEVER GOT BANNED EVEN THO HE HAD 20+ REPORTS ON HIM. Maybe he did get banned, but not before I was. So, yeah, fuck your 'ububub democracy is aboosable" you bastards are already corrupt as shit, and you refuse to give up that power, not even offering a piddly 5% of it for the people to use when you're not online

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.