Add a remote detonator!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by incognito moe, Feb 14, 2018.

1. There are an abundance of explosive weapons in the game that operate on a timer, but none are remotely controlled by the player for the sake of deception and deceit.

My suggestion is to add a remote detonator upgrade to the death station, or even an explosive entity (similar to the C4) that is thrown and remotely detonated.

The player would hold up a button they press, holding this out is considered traitorous, and to prevent RDM, the explosive entity would take a couple seconds to explode in a small radius.

I think also to prevent this being super overpowered, there should be a range limit too. Similar to a TV remote, you need to be within range to use the explosive, meaning that you'll need to be on the alert to players that watch you blow things up.

I'll see if I can find any red button entities in the workshop, but I think there might be some in GMOD of somebody pressing a red button to start an event.

Let me know what you think!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

imo we have a bit too many ways to explode so I would like to see some more innovative ways of killing people -1 . good suggestion tho :)

3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Im neutral leading to a -1.

Yeah, it would be awesome as fuck to throw a c4 in the middle of a crowd and watch them all go boom or whatnot, but think about if an innocent got their hands on a detonator? How many deaths would come from that?

4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I would love a detonation device, but it would have to be REALLY small explosion radius to keep it from being to powerful.

5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

So then its a frag with a button?

6. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I assume you'd attach it to surfaces, but aye. Doesn't that sound like a fun piece of equipment?

7. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I think this would be pretty damn cool and allows for more creative ways to win as a Traitor.

however

traitors are op af on modded and detective hasn't gotten anything good in a while

8. ------- a server i played on have a Remote Sticky Bomb (RSB) that you plant on someone, find a secluded place to charge the explosives then you can detonate yourself unless victim dies and the rsb gets thrown away

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. advertisement smh

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. I'm not trying to advertise, sorry that wasn't my intention

11. Xerp

Xerp VIP

• Funny Funny x 1