Add a Note to the MOTD

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by dude85632, Jul 15, 2017.

1. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

Far too many times I have seen people killed for prop surfing to unreachable areas. I then respond with "You can't do that, even if he's going to an unreachable area." People usually ignore me or just insist that the MOTD states you can kill them for this. Since this is such a common misconception I suggest adding a note for this to the MOTD. Something that states that players can NEVER be killed for prop surfing. "NOTE: Players may NEVER be killed for prop surfing, even if they are prop surfing to an unreachable area."

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I am convinced that the MOTD will never be edited or changed as it has remained the same through several good suggestions over the course of 3 years

Nevertheless, +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I doubt this would change anything, because people do that out of habit from other servers, meaning they probably didn't even bother to read our rules to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

That may be true for some people. But usualy when I try to correct people they will mention the MOTD as if it states that you can kill players who are prop surfing to unreachabe areas.

5. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

+1

I got busted for this once a LONG time ago because I didn't know. Would be very helpful to put it in

6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

[​IMG]

This is already in the extended rules.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

Yep, and he suggests to add it to the motd so it's easier to find for newcomers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

I understand that is is in the extended rules. I am suggesting for it to be added to the MOTD because many people who don't read the extended rules think they can kill people who prop surf to unreachable areas for some reason.

9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1 even though it is already stated in extended it should be moved to the main page

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

idk ppl dont even read the rules and they just scream "PROP SURFER!!! ADMIN!!!" so i doubt this'll do much

12. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

From my experience, people try to kill the prop surfer as they misread the MOTD.