Accidental RDM

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Greasy Hippo, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Am I right?

1. Yes, the system currently has unspecific rules and don't help people who are innocent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, the system is fine and nothing needs to change regarding what you just said.

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Greasy Hippo

Greasy Hippo New Member

Ok so personally I think if someone is killed by another person and they both agree it was an accident, nobody should be punished. I think an accident should stay an accident unless the victim wants the other punished. The rule right now basically states that anybody who RDMs, whether anybody wants to punish or not or is an accident, will be slayed the next round.
    And that is about as logical as a 6 year old ordering their parents around.

P.S-
    This comes up because I was slayed for something both the victim and I agreed was an accident, and the victim didn't want me slayed either. Yet I still was because of this rule.

2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

If a group of friends cone on and decide to randomly kill each other and forgive each other, what happens to those caught in the crossfire or who kill them and lose karma? Then nobody is punished so they think random killing is okay and then they kill someone who doesn't forgive them and they are upset they are slain while others aren't

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Greasy Hippo

Greasy Hippo New Member

I'm not talking about that. Read what I typed up. I'm not talking about friends killing each other, that should be punished. I'm talking about accidents that both sides agree on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

Like Noc said,

Group trollers can take advantage of this. People would be just using this as an excuse to RDM, which goes against this server's gameplay style of TTT.

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Bullying people into saying it was an accident, brilliantly thought out.

Also if it ain't broke dont fix it.

6. Greasy Hippo

Greasy Hippo New Member

Then make it a continuous thing. If it happens once and they say it was an accident then excuse them. If it happens multiple times with the same people then just kick them. I've written rules before and it's not hard.

7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

You're not going to get better if you get away with accidental things. Learn from your mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Greasy Hippo

Greasy Hippo New Member

Do you not know what an accident is? People don't mean to do them. Nobody want's to kill somebody but if im trying to clear barrels and you run straight into them and both agree its nobody's fault, it's justified and nobody should be punished.

9. MrEvanJ

MrEvanJ On my grave I want VIP not RIP VIP

It is not about not meaning to do things. Even if you didn't mean to do it, you should still be reprimanded for your actions. @Noctorious gave a perfect example of why this is just not a good idea.

10. Greasy Hippo

Greasy Hippo New Member

You guys are still missing the point. This is why you need to be more specific. I agree with the example Noc gave but you can easily make a rule against friends killing each other.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

But then we're picking and choosing which groups of people get punished or not. This rule is designed to be broad to catch players who try to excuse their behaviour for RDMing. In your case as you described, you were trying to blow up some barrels, presumably so they don't damage others or yourself. While this act is noble, it is not part of the innocent objective (to find and kill traitors), and thus you had no valid reason to blow them up.

Also, to give you some insight into how we treat these situations, moderators are not allowed to remove slays for RDM unless in the cases of goomba stomps (falling on another player) and the player forgives them for it. The only other way for a moderator to remove the slay would be to ask an administrator for discretion to remove it + the forgiveness of the player. Anything else is considered RDM and will be slain for it by default if it is found to actually be RDM.

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Imagine, have you ever gotten into a fight or played with siblings and someone/something got hurt or broken and you still got in trouble even though it was an "accident" we have it as a punishable offense because it fills a loophole. There will always be a issue with accidental rdm. Another example is as such: Person A is driving a car. Person B is a pedestrian cause save earth brah. Person A smashes into Person B completely accidentally and is still charged with manslaughter. Is this just yeah technically he did kill a dude, and needs to be punished or anyone can go out and "accidentally" kill someone with a car.

Also please use the search function as this has been suggested before.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Greasy Hippo

Greasy Hippo New Member

He did forgive me for it. That's what im trying to say. But i was still slayed, unless what you just said isn't true?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. To avoid this ever happening don't play Garry's mod
    In fact don't even own a computer.
    Take steps to prevent further accidents

• Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1