A Traitor RDMing an Innocent

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dani, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

But what if the person that pushed Dani bought a T round, and disabled the option of becoming detective.
    Then it wouldn’t be considered as RDM.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

It doesn't full disable it, there's still that slight chance of being a Detective. Even so I explained earlier, pushing them pre-round regardless of them buying a T round is still RDM. Because Dani himself could have been a Traitor.

4. Cereal KiIler

but as long as the the kill itself was right (traitor killing innocent), I don't think that should be considered as RDM, just because there is a chance that he was a traitor or you were innocent.
    that's like you push someone off high place, and he ends up landing on shallow water. you had a chance of killing him, but that didn't happen therefore it wasn't RDM.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Han

Han       VIP

We don't reward people for getting lucky with their RDMs. I'm not really understanding why you're justifying people pushing each other off the round based on the off chance that one of them could be a traitor and the other could be inno.

Were you the guy who pushed Dani or something?

The example you give wouldn't be comparable here. Sorry to sound rude, maybe I'm missing your point? You said "you had a chance of killing him, but that didn't happen therefore it wasn't RDM", but in Dani's situation, he died.

If you're talking about the pit trap on inno motel, it's assumed that you will die if you fall into the pit as an inno. There's no way to move while falling to land in water there. As long as they haven't done anything traitorous, pushing someone into there would be RDM. It doesn't matter that traitors would be teleported away. The main point is that you were placing someone who had done nothing traitorous in a situation where they would 100% die if they were innocent.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  6. Cereal KiIler

a) I asked a legit question, not a reason for you to get triggered.
    b) no, I wasn't the guy the pushed Dani.

7. Dani

I mean, I sorta get his logic here. In both cases, the guy TRIED to RDM and there was a good chance that it WOULD BE RDM, but then he got lucky and it somehow wasn't. In my case, it's because the guy was a T and I was an Inno, and in Cereal's example, because the guy ended up surviving.

I mean, yeah, of course we don't slay for that second case, because nobody actually got hurt. Since it's all about intentions and not results, just like in real life, where attempted murder goes punished, maybe a guy who tries to hurt someone but fails should also be punished, like Cereal said, but we probably don't do it because it doesn't show up in any logs or death scenes or whatever, and because punishing "attempted RDM" would be a precedent to a lot of other cases where people could claim that something was almost RDM, so the person needs to be punished. We wouldn't know where to draw the line here.

This server has a philosophy where we wait for damage to be done until someone gets punished, no matter what the intentions are. This is also why we don't punish a false KOS by an innocent until the KOS'd person actually gets killed and we can prove that they were killed because of the KOS.

In my case, the guy made a kill that was not in spirit of the game at all. I had to sit out an entire round because he made a random guess of less than 20% in a game that is about finding evidence.

PS.: By the way, what's this server's take on destroying the tester pre-round? I heard that people get punished for this...?

8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

There is no punishment for breaking the tester in pre-round.

9. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

Tbh, if someone pushes me off pre round, weather they end up traitor or not, they should get a slay. Obvious attempted rdm. BUTTTTTT thats just me

10. Dani

Nope, it is evidently not just you.