A Traitor RDMing an Innocent

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dani, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Posting this in Discussions because it's controversial and I wouldn't be able to respond or get differing opinions if I posted it there.

As always, I will keep this extremely brief.

I just had a case where it's kinda understandable that the guy didn't get slain but it still feels really wrong.

A guy pushed me off the map into an endless pit before the round started. The guy turned out to be a T and I turned out to be an Innocent. Nobody bought Traitor that round.

The question is: Does this person deserve a slay and why/why not?

Here's my thoughts on the matter: He should be slain because there was no way to know if his kill would be valid or not. Just like with an Inno killing a T, if they can't know that the person is a T, then it's still RDM, even if they're on opposing teams.

Yes, but why do you think so? The only reason you're saying "Ts killing Innos is always allowed" is because it's usually the case, but it shouldn't be here.

The chance of the pusher being T is 25%, and the chance of the pushed being an inno is 75% (assuming that the number of players was divisible by 4). Both of those things need to be the case, so if you multiply those numbers, you will see that there was only an 18.75% chance that pushing someone off pre-round would turn out to be "okay". (Correct my math if this is wrong because I was really unsure about this one.)

If I held a revolver to your head that had 5 chambers with bullets and 1 empty chamber, I pull the trigger, and you survive, would you still be mad at me? I mean, you turned out to be fine so you can't be mad at me! Right? Right?!?!

Here's a little quiz for you:

If you kill a T in this game, and you are 100% sure they are a T, you do not deserve a slay. True or False?

False. Because you could have been a T, and that would have made it a team-kill. You have to consider your own role too if you don't wanna RDM! In my opinion, you need to know both people's roles to make a valid kill. The guy who killed me knew neither.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

This is what I was taught when I was a t-mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Han

Han       VIP

Yeah, it's RDM.

This is not 100% identical situation, but if you push someone into the T trap on inno motel, and they teleport away, you can still be slain. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean it's not considered to be RDM.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Anarchy

Anarchy Member

This seems extremely situational. And I'd have to truly see a video of it or know which map it is that you speak of. But I agree that if he purposely tried to kill you after the pre-round to perfectly kill in you in the real round... And obviously had no idea he'd be a traitor, then it should be slayable. Because there's no way he can know if he's RDMing or not. So it should be RDM if he kills you... Right?

Well no because this is a extremely grey area. Very limited cases where this would ever apply. And making a rule on a situation that applies once in a blue moon seems kinda silly. It's better then think of it like Voca said:
    Maybe this would be considered "Toxic gameplay". I'm not sure

5. Dani

Good example because depending on what the protocol with this case is, the same protocol would apply in my case. I actually didn't know that this is slayable! Interesting!

Yeah, it isn't really the same as RDM, is it? Some sort of "meta-RDM". RDMing is killing someone without knowing their role. Meta-RDMing is killing someone without knowing if you're RDMing or not.

Well, that's what the extended rules are for, right? There's some obscure cases in there, and just one line in the pre-round RDM section should be enough for clarification. Normal rules (and common sense) really cover most of the cases, and extended rules are just there so we have some more obscure or overly precise stuff in writing. That's just how I see it, though.

By the way, because it seems relevant for this discussion, here's what the extended rules do say about it:

[​IMG]

This doesn't really confirm or refute any of my points, though. I mean, the second line does say that it should be a slay, and doesn't even clarify who is who in the scenario, but I have to admin that saying that it's a slay in my situation because of that would be a bit of an over-generalization.

6. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

He should have received a slay for that yes, doesn't matter if he became a Traitor afterwards as he had no idea it was going to happen. Even if he bought it, there's still a chance of him becoming a Detective.
    Same thing as Roy the Ship when someone gets pushed in the water pre-round. Still RDM no matter what the outcome.

So yes he should have been slain

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I agree with you- and that's how it already is. If you kill someone during preround and it extends into the round, you'll get slayed for RDM (or at least should). If they're not. I'd let their superior know because they're acting outside of protocol.

8. Dani

yo I'm no dirty snitch who goes cryin for Miss Finster whenever someone does somethin disagreeable

The mod was open for discussion and will probably auto-slay that person after seeing this thread anyway.

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Member

I read that whole extended rules and somehow passed this. Helix is always right

10. Dani

Yeah, Anarchy, like I said: The way it's worded in that rule would mean it's a slay, which I would agree with, but I'm not sure if the person who wrote that line really meant a situation in which the RDMer is a T and the other person an Inno.

11. Anarchy

Anarchy Member

Good question. I think it means either way... that's why it's intentionally vague. The other question for this is if they had actually bought T. Then if they knew they would be selected as T, would it still be RDM? It is rather vague about that.

12. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

Like I said above, to me it's still RDM regardless because they still did it wanting to kill someone without reason and had no idea they were going to be a T even if they bought it they're not guaranteed a T round

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dani

Of course, I agree with that. I'm just saying that the wording of that specific line in the extended rules doesn't really confirm or refute anything to me.

14. Anarchy

Anarchy Member

seems like this statement would be less vague then..?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dani

ye

16. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

There is no real discussion here. This is RDM. There is no proof that the person will not turn up traitor when the round starts. Dani, I would encourage you to seek out the moderator who did this and make them aware that they should have applied a slay. Bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Dani

The moderator in question has seen this thread and applied the slay a while ago. Don't worry, everyone. Nobody needs to get hurt. Except that fucker who pushed me.

• Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  18. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

does the option "avoid being detective" not guarantee a bought Traitor round

19. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I’m not 100% sure- I want to say it does, but regardless, it doesn’t guarantee the person you’re pushing is going to be an inno which is why the logic you’re going for isn’t going to work either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dani

Well, it sure doesn't guarantee it if you don't even buy Traitor; like this guy did!