A thread about water

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Sable, Jun 11, 2020.

?

Water has flavor?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

I've recently come to the conclusion that Water has a very unique and wonderful taste.

I used to believe water was tasteless. But today upon drinking some regular, tap water (I live in Chicago so it's nice, non mineral lake water), I have been convinced suddenly that it has a very unique flavor.

Some people feel water has a distinct flavor, some argue to the end that it doesn't. What do you think? Why?

2. angie

angie VIP Silver

technically water does have a taste based on whats in it, how its filtered, what its processed/bottled in.

Like dasani is garbage,evian SMACKS and fiji is overhyped

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

I have reverse osmosis water, and it slap and taste so much differently and wayyyyyyyyyy better than any other water I drink.
    ngl I like Dasani but it make me more thirsty when I drink it, Evian lit tho

4. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

If water is distilled, then its flavor is the temperature. Drink was warm water and then drink some ice cold water tellme that shit dont taste different

5. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Water is considered a "neutral" taste. It goes with just about everything. Despite this, the source of the water you drink, as well as the temperature can have a wildly different effect on the taste of your water.

For example, imagine you just got done PE in school, and your coach/teacher let's you go get water. As you press the button on the fountain, out spews cold, refreshing water. Wouldn't you say that that water tastes much different than the water in, say, your water bottle you filled that morning?

6. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

i feel like a big portion of the way water tastes is linked to temp as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Water is water. Tastes the same at every Temp.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I'm sure theirs a lot of factors that effect the taste of water itself.

There's also factors that change your taste in general.
    1. The name of the meal. For example: "Succulent Italian Seafood Filet" versus "Seafood Filet."
    2. Utensils. What the utensil is made out of
    3. Temperature
    4. Color
    5. Environment. Like your surroundings, outside versus inside.
    6. Expectations
    7. Memory. If you remembering it tasting good, you will often drink more

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Who needs water when you can have energy drinks all day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

water is water. I can't really describe the taste, but there definitely is one.

• Like Like x 2
  12. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Ofc water has a taste. And every different source of water has a different flavor. Like each brand of bottled water tastes different, and every house ive had tap water from has tasted different.

• Like Like x 1
  13. food

food VIP

The tap water at my dad's house tastes different than the water at my mom's.
    If you taste little bits of metal, it means your water has failed the vibe check.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

yeah i like my water with a full body, a little bite, and a nice, smooth finish.

but no, water (in it's purest form, h2o) has no taste. it has a mouth feel and temperature, sure, but our taste buds do not react to water. if you're tasting anything, it's minerals and/or chemicals.

because you are dehydrated so your body wants to replenish that. it would be the same if you were starving and gobble down a hamburger. it'll taste like the best thing you've had in your life. the taste doesn't actually change.

15. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Water is wet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Them best waters be right before bed, 7 gulps THATS IT.

Same thing before shower

• Like Like x 1
  17. Python~

Drink a cold glass of water right after coming out of a hot shower. It changes your life.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

But I'm not gay.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I live in the south of england where the water's hard with calcium and magnesium, the taste is superior to the lightness of northern water.. that and being used to higher mineral content has unfortunate consequences when switching

• Like Like x 1
  20. Python~

I'll make you change your mind :drool:

• Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1