Rejected A Suggestion for a Rule fix

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Kanna, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanna

Kanna Active Member

I suggest for a little "Rewrite" for the discombombulator rule as it is very dumb.
    First off, why do i think its dumb?
    Well, if you, for example throw a discombomb on a map like motel, it wont do anything to you, they don't even make damage. KOS For such thing is really dumb.
    My suggestion is to add a part to the rule, similiar to this:

Throwing a disco in a map like motel where it is closed space, will not be KOSable, as they do not deal any damage, and just throw people away.

Many people did agree with me on this, and i hope it is changed.

• Disagree Disagree x 17
  2. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

There's a t trap also on motel that when activated there's a giant pit in the floor so if somebody does throw a discombob and somebody is near the pit they could potentially die because of said discombob. -1 on rule change.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Many people don't know the damage props can do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Hi Kanna,

In a way I can understand your frustration over this rule however the purpose of it being KOSable is due to the fact that it can cause damage at some point, consider someone on 5-10 hp, if you discombob them in the right place on inno motel (like next to the stairs at spawn) you could actually kill them due to fall damage. BlueGalaxy and Carned also mentioned valid points.

I do agree that it tends to get annoying when you throw one in situations where fall damage is practically impossible, however, I feel as though the rule is fine in it's current state as there are many other variables one could think of.

5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

i usally threw disco in closed map and in city v4, only very few ppl who want to get free valid kills will come and kill u, otherwise most of eu1 player don't care

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

People would argue whether something is a closed space. Which leads to rdm and such. And here is a solution, just don't throw the discombobs

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

why not start an rdm train by throwing a disco and turn that room to deathmatch room

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.