A Simple Guide on how to play Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Scooter, May 7, 2020.

1. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

In this guide, I will show you how to play each roll as best as possible those rolls include Detective, Innocent, and lastly the favorite role of all Traitor. also if you go into game press f1 for further information on the game also plz type !motd to read our server rules are extended rules here https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt-extended-rules.54957/

The Three Roles:
    Players playing TTT are divided up into three different groups. The groups are Innocent, Detective, and Traitor. All groups can kill other players. Detectives and Traitors can buy equipment from an equipment menu accessed by hitting the (for default) "C" key. FYI Several weapons, as well as "abilities", can be upgraded in the points shop on the modded servers.

Detective rules:
    The Detective must actively fulfill the role of a detective and assist the team as needed.
    list of Detective duty:
    - Collecting DNA - Remember that DNA is only 1,30 minutes in the corpse so time is of the essence to get DNA to kill the Traitor.
    - To test people in the T-tester if a tester is on a map. if people refuse to test mark a sus but not kill, you can not kill people if they refuse to test.
    - Players do not show up on a radar whilst disguised; this might be of use in some situations.
    Now let me tell you may not do as a Detective:
    May, not random-death-match (RDM) - cause damage or kill innocents or detectives unless acting in self-defense (includes using map objects).
    May not present a player as a traitor without a valid reason.
    May not kill a player for disobeying orders.

Detectives are able to buy equipment such as:
    • Body armor - Passively gives a 30% resistance to damage. Has no effect on the player's appearance.
    • Radar - Scans every 30 seconds, showing the location of every living player.
    • Health station - When placed, any player (including Traitors!) can use this to heal. Has a limited charge, but slowly recharges over time. Can be destroyed. A DNA sample is left when used.
    • Binoculars - Identifies bodies from a distance. Takes a few seconds of standing still to activate, rendering the Detective a sitting duck for a Traitor.
    • Defusal kit - Can be used to more safely defuse a Traitor's C4 than attempting to do so without one.
    • DNA Scanner - Scans DNA on a body, showing the current location of the killer. You must reach a body within a !:30s of death or the DNA will expire.
    • Visualizer - When placed near a body, it will visualize how the player died, showing blue "Ghosts" where the killer and the victim were standing at the time of death.
    Extra Detective Weapons on are moded server
    • Intervention - A powerful sniper rifle that can charge-up to fire 1 hit KO shots.
    • Jackhammer - High accuracy long-range shotgun
    • Riot Shield - Hand-held shield that covers your front
    • Tazer - A long-range device that disables a target player and drops them spazzing on the floor for a duration. Deals minor damage.

Innocent Rules:
    May, not random-death-match (RDM) - cause damage or kill innocents or detectives unless acting in self-defense (includes using map objects).
    Innocent objects are to survive XD.
    May not present a player as a traitor without a valid reason.
    May, not traitor bait - Making it look like you are a Traitor when you're actually an Innocent.
    May not camp and must be actively playing the game. It delays the round and causes players to not enjoy their time on the server.

Traitor Rules:
    Traitors must work together in order to complete their objectives.
    Traitors must actively attempt to complete the objective.
    The objective is to kill everyone except your t-buddies
    May not kill or damage other Traitors unless acting in self-defense (includes using map objects).

Traitors can buy the following equipment:
    • Body Armor - Passively gives a 60% resistance to damage. Has no effect on the player's appearance.
    • Disguiser - Once purchased, the player may open the shop menu with C and click the Disguiser tab at the top. Then he may click the check box - this will disguise him. A disguised player has no name. This makes them an obvious Traitor, but since nobody can see their name, if the Traitor retreats, they can blend back in and nobody will know who was shooting. You can also bind a key to easily toggle the disguise.
    • Radar - Scans every 30 seconds, showing the location of every living player.
    • Silenced Pistol - A silenced pistol allowing for medium range silent kills. Victims do not scream when killed. Does low damage and has mediocre accuracy.
    • Knife - Can be used to silently stab an unsuspecting victim, and can be thrown with right click. It deals about 50 damage and will tell you when you can get an instant kill when holding it. Like the silenced pistol, victims do not scream when killed. The knife can be upgraded on the modded servers to be an insta-kill, and can be upgraded to be completely silent.
    • C4 - A destructive timed bomb. The Bomb can be programmed to explode after any time between 45 seconds and 10 minutes. When it expires, it causes multiple deadly explosions that will kill anyone within a fairly long radius. Has a distinctive beep to alert the Innocents. Any Innocent can try to defuse it by cutting 1 of 6 wires at random, but the longer the timer is set for, the more likely they will cut a bad wire and cause it to explode instantly. Detectives can use Defusal Kits to more safely defuse C4.
    • Flare Gun - Shoots a flare to burn a dead body; can be used as a weapon, dealing about 50 damage over a short period of time. You only have four bullets in this gun so use wisely.
    • Newton Launcher - When fired at a physics prop or player, it will push that prop or player. Can be used to push people standing on a ledge over. Works at a long distance, but has a long recharge. Uses the physgun model, so if you hold it out you will be an obvious traitor.
    • Poltergeist - A special weapon that can be fired at any physics prop, attaching a thruster. The thruster will begin to thrust in short bursts, throwing the prop around violently and potentially killing anyone in its way. As the thruster expires, the bursts will get faster until the thruster explodes, dealing damage to anything nearby. The Poltergeist has a long recharge and has no effect when fired on players.
    • Decoy - Can be used on a body to falsify evidence, causing the location revealed by a DNA test to be incorrect.
    • Radio - Can be activated by opening the shop with C and clicking the Radio tab. From there, you can play a number of sounds from the radio, from gunfire to death screams to C4 beeping, which may lure players to or scare them away from the radio.

Extra Traitor Weapons that on are moded servers.
    • Death Station - Prop that looks like the health station, instantly explodes when used
    • Dragunov SVU - Silenced sniper rifle
    • Gauss Rifle - Explosive sniper rifle
    • Harpoon - Throwable harpoon, kills instantly on hit
    • Jihad Bomb - Explode yourself after a short delay (and a scream) damaging everyone nearby
    • Malfunction Pistol - Forces the target player to shoot their weapon uncontrollably when hit
    • MP7 - Silenced SMG
    • Tear Gas Grenade - Grenade that blurs the vision of players hit
    • Tripwire - Placeable laser mine that detonates when crossed
    • Barrel Gun - Launches a high-velocity barrel that kills any player it impacts with. Can consume both charges at once to launch an explosive barrel instead.

for people who do not know what is (R.D.M) stands for is stand for Random Death Match for further information plz seek or extended-rules in the link below
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt-extended-rules.54957/

Note: this guide will be actively updated by staff members only. if you would like to change something plz submit a request below and I will try to get back to you asap or one of the staff will. also do not post anything that does not help the post or I will ask a staff member to remove it or one of the staff members will remove it them selfs if they see fit to do so.

p.s I am somewhat of a bad speller so if you see anything miss-spelled I apologize just recorrect me below will.

also, I give permission to any staff member to mortify this post.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Useful x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

You spelled roles wrong. Other than that good guide my friend, this’ll help some new players. Get this moved into the new players guide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

How do I play ttt

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

step 1:

don't

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I like this! This would be very useful for new players :).

I'd like to add a couple things...
    • Players do not show up on a radar whilst disguised; this might be of use in some situations.
    • The knife can be upgraded on the modded servers to be an insta-kill, and can be upgraded to be completely silent.
    • Several weapons, as well as "abilities", can be upgraded in the points shop on the modded servers.

6. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Someone sticky this thread

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

I added all 3 to post

• Like Like x 1
  8. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Or you could just press F1

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

There's a lot of words on this page :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Yeah that's called sentences

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

or press f1 kek

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

What did i just say?

13. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Thanks man! It has been a long time since i've played but now that I remember the basics i'm ready to get back into it! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

really this is for new users to ttt

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

What do you mean? Pacifist just joined our great community a few days ago

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Where is the part about sitting in the D room until you die to C4? 1/10 guide.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Too complicated. The simplicity of the F1 menu tutorial makes it easy enough to figure out the basics, the rest really just comes from actually playing the game - like any other.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

dis cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1