A Serious Minecraft server?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by EhhChris, Sep 26, 2016.

?

How would you feel about an SGM brand Minecraft server?

1. Get my saddle, this pig needs to be ridden!

110 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. I've broken enough 3D blocks, let me just play Gmod forever.

51 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

Since the idea came up, what happened to having this idea? If some light could be shone, please do. A technic pack would be nice. I would like to staff a minecraft server as well, I have experience being an admin and I even used own a minecraft server.

2. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

hill btfo
    along with the minecraft server

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Ciibear

Ciibear VIP

This might've already been brought up but I just wanted to clarify, what would you do in the server. If you did a TTT like game mode on the minecraft server it would keep a kind of relatable aspect in a sense, only issue with this is that it's nothing new or exciting. If you want to play TTT with minecraft style graphics just go on a vanilla server. If you were to do other game modes like factions or something it would make he minecraft community more attracted to it but the TTT might be out off a little. Then there's the case that you create a unique gamemode.

Sorry if this has already been brought up,

4. RebleGAM3z

RebleGAM3z Banned

Yeah I wanted to know the same thing. It's been so long and the minecraft server idea just died and was never heard from again

5. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. Anyway, I've been off and on working on a few plugins and configs that'd make running a vanilla w/ plugins server feasible in my free time. I understand a lot of you guys really want some form of modded Minecraft, but I'm going to be straight forward with you and say that I'm not going to work on that at this point in time for several reasons. However, I have done some work to make a vanilla server (with plugins) feasible, and will continue to do so. If all goes well, Highwon may incorporate it in our community. This means it's not a definitive "yes there'll be Minecraft soon", but rather a "yes I'm working on bringing it to life".

That all being said, I do already have some hardware I've been using for testing plugin builds and such. I'm currently letting an old friend host Pixelmon on it using a good majority of the resources, but if it's something you'd be interested in I can open the development side with a PlotMe world or something similar. This would allow you guys to build some stuff for the proposed server (spawns, arenas, whatever).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1