Rejected A little GBA Controversy? - TTT Rule Change

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Pucks, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pucks

Pucks New Member

A Little GBA Controversy?

First let me preface this by saying that Agent A’s actions and response was completely appropriate, and expected.

A Little Background:

I was banned (24 hours) for “Trolling” which I don’t think is necessarily the right word choice, but is fine. I wasn’t intending to “Troll” the server. I caused the entire server to rise up, and show how they feel about a stupid rule. An entire server joining together against a rule isn’t trolling… You have to listen to your users, and clearly a majority of the users disagree with the GBA rule. I sparked this controversy because I am tired of logging on, being killed, and then being told “You were gba” and having staff ignore reports. GBA could be applied in about every situation, and is completely bull. The server stood up for themselves. The GBA rule should not exist. You should not be allowed to kill for something around you, or near you. It started with simply me being killed, and my report being denied because of gba. Wellllll the thing is... I'm not going to put up with that. The rule is a huge flaw in the server, and game. Almost everyone backed me up, and went on strike, claiming everything is gba. I was warned to stop, but I decided that I would rather stand up for something I believe is right, rather then conform to a rule excusing rdm. Your server rioted against your rule.

The Argument:

The gba rule should have no place in this game. It's nothing but an excuse to RDM and that's what we were trying to prove. Not shooting a traitor, and passing un ID'd bodies is understandable, but if I am standing there and the person next to me shoots, and without hesitation I get shot, or happen to be in the same room where someone is killed, I refuse to be RDM'd for gba. This rule protects those who choose to rdm. You can not be killed for things out of your control that happen around you. Almost an entire lobby turned on this rule, and stood up against it. You need to either rid of the rule completely, or create large restrictions. Your server is against this rule, now are you going to listen to the people?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was able to collect a little video evidence (un included in post, but willing to release) before I was banned. The clips show the majority of the server basically calling everything gba, mocking the senseless rule that ruins the game. Stupid rules cause controversy. It's time to make a change...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Dumb x 31
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I personally don't have much issue the GBA rule, there is the odd time where I get killed for a body I hadn't seen but it's an understandable reaction by someone who walks into the room with an Un-id'd behind me

In the case of GBA being used as an excuse for rdm, the staff team has access to the gameplay leading up to said "GBA" and will be able to see if it was truly gba.

I'm mixed on this as it can ruin the experience but also possibly enhance it

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

If someone shoots around you, shoot back at them. If they're your T buddy, well, that's why GBA exists

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I always say this when I rate something dumb: I don't rate a lot of stuff dumb. Your post was very dumb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

Colorful. Colorful but dumb.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Looking at the dumb ratings, it looks like the people that were on at the time don't really reflect the opinion of the whole player base. Oops.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This is so edgy it's hilarious.

GBA rewards good players and punishes bad ones, simple.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

Once you become a better player you will learn how to act in certain situations and avoid getting yourself killed.

So in other words, get fucking good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Daddy Nexxus

Close thread, OPs request.

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Hello 4 hour old fetus at the time of this post I make. I come to inform you of some troubling news.

Recently, we've just capped off our 4 year anniversary of the formation of this community. In these 4 years, we've thrived as a community whose rules and staff members are fair, balanced, and most of all fun. Now, you're coming in here stating an entire server was absolutely livid about a rule and specifically the GBA rule. I'll have you know as someone who has been in this community for 3 years now that this is absolutely preposterous. GBA is one of the most unique rules we have in TTT and it's actually one of the most sought into in perfecting by the staff and community. It's one of the most exercised rules as well. NOW, I believe with the current RDM system that can record a user's death for a period of time before being killed GBA has been much more easy to determine whether the killer is lying or not. Nevertheless, if you believe Agent A was ignoring your reports because someone said "GBA" then you're incorrect again. He likely completed the report using the footage he got from your death. You're able to refute his claims if you can detect an error in his judgement by recording the game yourself which you did not. So, now you say that everyone in the server was pissed off at the GBA rule. Well, who is everyone? You never gave us a number, nor have you proven to us that this said number of people were annoyed by GBA. It could've easily been 4 people in a server of 30 who were bothered by the rule and all for the same reason: we were caught and slain when we didnt want to be. Now if you really want to not look like a complete dumbass you'll share your video otherwise you've got no more business here and I suggest you try to take your trolling elsewhere because this will likely be one of the more lengthy responses you'll get from this shit post you've made. This is far from a controversy, it's a temper tantrum thrown by you because you were caught red handed and any continuation of this nonsense will likely get you banned again. This rule has been worked hard on to become as perfect as possible and to remove this is to ruin everyone's experience in the community.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  11. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

u really get off on these posts dont u damn

poor kid gunna be runnin' away

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

He rated me disagree, he's not running away quite yet.

13. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

Server went on a strike against a rule.
    Server goes on a strike against a Dictator.
    Serious DarkRP Confirmed

• Like Like x 1
  15. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Besides, a little GBA never killed anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Daddy Nexxus

Holy shit, 28 dumb ratings.

• Old Old x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.