Rejected A DNA scanner, An incompetent detective and a broken rule system.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Hongo, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Setting: The front of the boat in Roy the Ship, below deck. Two windows, an acid pool which you must crawl across to get to the other side, and a large boxlike machine which obscures the view. Down below the handrail is a spawn point. You all know the place, right? The cramped stairs?

I see a body, knifed, unidentified. I call a detective to it, and he comes to me and he gets dna. I go up first, crawling across the pool and I see someone standing there, they seem to be AFK but they didn't spawn there.

The detective, from his point of view down there says, "Is there someone with you up there? I have dna on them. They're the killer." I say, Yeah, theres a guy up here. The person moves around now, the detective says that the DNA ping has moved, it's not a decoy, it is 100% whoever is with me; to kill the person I am with.

So I do so, and I get slain for rdm, for following an 'Illegitimate kos"

But wait a moment. Why would this be illegitimate? The detective told me he has dna on the person right infront of me, now, the majority of staff here claim that without a name you cannot kos someone. With this logic, If I have a disguiser and I kill people, enter a room and disable it and they come in and kill me, that is RDM because they saw no name, correct? Do you see what I am saying? What point does a DNA scanner have if all it shows in location, wouldn't killing anyone based on DNA be rdm, for being in the location? The wrong place at the wrong time perhaps?

• Dumb x 7
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

That is a perfect case of a kos on dna going to a kos on location, you still cant kos on location. This may however be up for discussion with the staff team.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

The KOS rules are broken now if you can't say "KOS the guy next to you". I've always done it, never slain, never slayed, and if you think it's wrong the only reason is because you're following the rule book which is anti-fun!
    Either add a proper explanation to the KOS rules for DNA scanners, because this comes up often just the staff online usually aren't as nazi about it, or add an exception to the KOS rules for DNA just like the YOU ARE LAST INNOCENT KOS rules.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

For a KOS to be valid, it has to be on a player's name.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

• You cannot KOS/attack players based purely on their location. For instance, you cannot call a KOS on "everyone on the roof of that building" or "anyone who enters this room".
    SOURCE: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-ttt-extended-rules.42318/#post-410272
    [​IMG]

Proper KOS:
    Correct KOS calling:
    For a KOS to be valid, it must be in one of the following forms, either in a single text message or through voice chat:
    • KOS Opalium
    • Opalium is a traitor
    • Kill Opalium
    Your situation misses 1 key piece of information. The detective never states the name of the person he is attempting to KOS and therefore any attempt to KOS this person does not follow the proper KOS protocol and is RDM if followed. This is not a flaw, it's how the rules were designed.

Based on our rules, it's illegitimate. I've stated it earlier. You want to reword it?

Unnecessary. You want to unnecessarily add more words into an already huge laundry list of rules to make an unnecessary impact on this situation you have which is explained with what I've posted above. Bye

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

This would work if it was a confined area. 2 players in a confined area, one is proven, the other is a killer. If you know who the proven person is, and you can make sure that the killer is in fact next to you by waiting for dna to refresh, then you should have a valid kill.

EDIT: However, the detective would not be able to call the kos. He would have to make the kill himself.

7. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Everyone saying that "it's muh rulez", you have no logical input into why this shouldn't be changed/added/clarified in the current rules.
    ie. "
    dylan: hey bob who's the guy next to you?
    bob: it's frank.
    dylan: ok bob, kos him, i have dna"
    now is this a proper kos? should bob or dylan be slain here if the KOS is invalid/incorrectly called even though this makes perfect sense for a kill. The name Frank has no effect on the actual outcome, its just a name.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.