A Discussion on What the Hell is Happening

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -tyler, May 27, 2020.

1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i mean most of these rules exist in other servers and if a new player played literally any other ttt server all they'd really have to do is scrim thru the rules

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Random but I think that's been suggested quite a bit over the years and the reasoning as to why it was declined is because of lag and other issues the TDM would bring on the server. I don't know how true that is now in 2020 but that's the last I heard of it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Literally just one fucking example. You assume that all staff members are cold-blooded scumbags who have no sense of morality. I can't name one current staff member who I think would purposely unfairly enforce the rules.

You say this kind of shit all the time, and I honestly can't tell if you're trolling at this point. If you are my hat's off to you because you're doing one hell of a job.

That's kinda how repeat offenses work, my guy. The more you get in trouble the harsher the punishments get. Staff do not create your shitty history- you do.

I couldn't care less if someone had a rank or not, and I'd bet you that's how the entire staff team feels, as well. I'm going to reiterate my point about providing examples- you need examples to make your claims believable. Without them you just sound like a blithering fool.

And I think it's funny how you try to force SGM's "problems" upon the entirety of TTT. As if SGM losing players were to kill off all TTT servers, too.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

they actually made it shorter

ignoring the map-specific and miscellaneous, there are only 25 extended rules, and the main rules have 9, so you're looking at 34 rules at any given time

if thats difficult for you, you may need to retake elementary english

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

A majority of the extended rules are explanation of what things mean or map specific rules that only apply to specific maps. Explaining what things mean is necessary because people come in, shoot a bunch of people, and then say "it wasn't RANDOM because I shot them on purpose because I wanted to"

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hongo

Hongo VIP

notice how the people marking this comment "dumb" are the people who are abusing the report system to get people banned for saying "x is stupid"
    And the person who agreed is a staff member.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
  7. Hongo

Hongo VIP

MAYBE, MORE RULES is actually worse. Maybe, we need to SIMPLIFY the rules, so they're not so easy to loophole anymore.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

The rules are not the problem with this community. The rules are fine, they're absolutely fine. Try to find another Gmod community that has rules as thought out and revised as SGM. You won't. Because most communities aren't like SGM. The rules don't need more clarification, they don't need to be simplified. Nothing about the rules or how the staff team is run needs to be changed.
    I can't stress enough how useless it is to be arguing about the rules back and forth constantly. That doesn't change anything, when one rule is added another person comes to complain. We aren't all going to try and please you or just one specific person. Why are you in this community if you so clearly disagree with every aspect of it?

Like the original post I made intended, the things that need to change are the servers themselves. We need new content and someone to give us a consistent stream of it. A developer on retainer. We also need to find some other way to attract new players and give them a reason to stay and join the community. That is the only way SGM can grow. We had our spotlight moment where everyone was interested in SGM two years ago. We need to find a way to get back to that. And part of that is not constantly changing the most trivial things.
    And might I add, toxic people are a huge part of the problem. Halting any progress we try to make by making a big fuss about everything.

You know if this was kindergarten, some people might actually be a bit more mature then they are now.

• Old Old x 1
  10. Hongo

Hongo VIP

not gonna bother reading or responding to the first half of your post here since we've all seen it about 1000 times
    but we have to wonder why there are so many toxic people. it wasnt always like this, but when ex-staff intentionally loophole and abuse reporting systems and act toxic and hypocritical you have to wonder whats causing the turnover.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
  11. Hongo

Hongo VIP

tyler can you quit spamming my alert box with dumb ratings

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

dont say dumb shit then

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. angie

angie VIP Silver

@Frost @cynder i'm having traumatic flashbacks...

What we can do to make changes first here is get rid of the other TTT servers that really don't do well anymore. Sure in the past they might have been useful to have to either direct more players to come play or to house more players but I only see TTT Vanilla get played and maybe west / east if people spam enough to get players to go join. Make those servers that don't get use to maybe other game modes like Prophunt, Bhop, Murder, Surf, etc. Any of those will bring in a new population of players instantly and would be a fun get away from the constant TTT grind that this server only offers. (i know we have DR but no one is ever on that either)

In terms of TTT specifically, personally the rules could be looked at and tweaked here and there. I don't think they're bad but they are far from perfect. Personally and I know players that have been here for years are gonna disagree but the punishment system is a bit too harsh. I know its in the name "Serious TTT" but I don't think I've ever seen a server ban for 5 days for just 1 rdm n leave. I think the punishments can be daunting for new players given the severity of them. We're a Gmod server in 2020, people are gonna fuck off and fuck around much like they always have, the game is considered ancient at this point. Lowering the days to a more substantial number would be less worrisome to new players in my opinion. A solid 1rdm n leave = 3days, 2rdm n leave = 5 days, 3 rdm n leave = 1 week in my opinion would be better, but obvious open for discussion. Then there is ghosting.... a whole month ban.. like... damn wtf. I get ghosting ruins game play since 1 player is sometimes ghosting out other players to his friend but a whole month ban is ludicrous. Personally this should be lowered to MAYBE a week, even then a week is harsh but I know for some people here anything below a week won't fly, hell, maybe even any of these changes won't fly but personal opinions are in fact, personal and these are only some of the punishments i'm listing, there are other's that should also get looked at and reworked.

For TTT game play and content, updating the T and D shop is always going to be a plus. We could also add some base models for non donating people. Most TTT servers give access to the basic models from Half Life and I never understood why we didn't on the modded servers. We could also add various hats and accessory to further personalize models and such. Add some fun perks and stuff so there's more things to use points for. Text hat, paint bucket which could change the color of your model, bug bait,. I remember a server that had various blood skins as perks like zombie blood made it green and mech i believe made blood sparkly. It's just simple fun things can really make the game more entertaining for new, current, and returning players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

This whole thing is kinda stupid ngl, just people getting mad over another :|

15. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's just Hongo whining like a bitch like he usually does.
    Or maybe you need to stop being butthurt about the punishments you've obviously brought upon yourself because of your constant toxicity, trolling, and harassment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

Y'all if you are only here to complain about other people, stop commenting on this thread. No one here cares enough to argue with y'all, and you're just proving them right which is funny because you're trying to prove them wrong xD

There's some really good suggestions but stop quoting people and explaining your problem with what they said, like this isn't the point of the thread ;)

I personally feel like new maps on vanilla would be good. Also other servers like PropHunt or Murder would be cool additions - even if they're just for game night to start.