A Bumpy Road

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by GRYPHN, Jul 29, 2018.

1. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Hello everyone, to start this off, I'm mainly posting this to sort of clarify things to those who aren't entirely aware of where I went or what I'm up to. I will be leaving SGM for what I expect to be a long while at least.
    1. From New Years to today, I lost just under 50 pounds. Starting late 2017/Early 2018, I struggled to eat nearly anything, I'd attempt to eat and just gag, I'd lose appetite even after not eating for 3 days. I was believing it was all something clogging my stomach causing pain. I went to the hospital and they ran tests, all these tests came back saying I was fine, I had nothing wrong with me physically. I soon learned after something pretty rough occurred that It was all mental. I was extremely depressed without entirely being able to tell, I've been trying to pinpoint whats all wrong, and for the last 2/3 months I've seemingly been getting better.
    2. I've played here for the last 2 3/4 years, I've met amazing people, had amazing times, and have gotten through some tough times with this community. With all good things comes flaws, I've met people that have harmed my well being, The amount of drama jam-packed with nearly all the people I talk to on a daily basis met in SGM/while playing on servers sucks, I'm trying to distance myself from the community and those outside of my main friend group online to try and avoid as much stress and such as possible. The last thing I need is more weight loss.
    I feel when I'm more stable and well, I will be able to return as my cringy self, but there is too much stress and drama that comes from being active in such a big community online. For those who've given me good memories thank you, I seriously appreciate all the times I've been able to take my mind off all the crap that has gone on here
    3. My life the last 2 months has been very busy, I've worked on repairing friendships IRL, Worked 6 days a week at the daycare, and have struggled to enroll into my college classes for this fall. Hopefully my vacation that is coming up will help me get past some of the things that keep me from clicking on the server when I launch Gmod.
    I will tag a few of the people that have really helped me out and even after leaving for however long I'm gone, I'll reach out to and I hope they will reach out to me too.

@HelixSpiral @Husky @Stitch @Destiny Blade @Lion @Pacifist
    You guys are the greatest, I hope for sure to see you around.

@ptownslayer21
    I feel like I actually have a true friend from SGM after meeting you, as you've coached me through some tough shit as I did to you also, When you're back home, We have to have a long chat and catch up!

For everyone else, Thanks for the memories, Great or god awful.

• Friendly Friendly x 12
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

I hope you're ok. I'm sorry for anything that's happened to you.

Good luck in your future endeavors pal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

You'll never leave my loving grasp. Ill see you around on steam and what not

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

Farewell friend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

Stay good Gimc, feel free to talk to me whenever u like and be sure to hop in sometimes. Will miss you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

Ay we never played much nor liked each other much but I hope u come back and are okay see ya later

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Sad to see you go. Please do come back soon!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Oh, makes me sad. Bye gimc.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Bye bye gimc sad to see a good player leave

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

cya around boii

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

love you dude. i went through something similar. my best advice is to find another hobby you enjoy! i'm still trying to find one after a few months, but what really helped in my situation was leaving my PC hooked up in my living room. if it was in my room, i'd stay in there all day.

when I couldn't eat, it was due to a bacterial imbalance in my stomach. 99% chance this isn't your case, but i do know it'll take some time to stretch out your stomach to the way it was before.

Take care brother. phi phi

12. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Thanks, Yea I originally thought that there was a clog in my stomach, but after realization of a few things, I decided to avoid the bills the surgery would cost and just focus on getting healthier mentally, especially when I work around kids that I hope look up to me, Wouldn't want them to look up to some depressed kid, so trying to work on my mental health and well being so I'm a better person to be around.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Pugrus

Pugrus VIP

See ya dude

• Old Old x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1