506 days later...

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by ArcticFox29, May 27, 2017.

1. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Just your friendly ex-Deathrun Administrator here.

I've been staff for a bit of a while, I think it's time to take a break. As much as I love the server and its player base, life happens sometimes. Some shitty things happen, and I need some time to deal with it and myself.

Here's answers to things I've been asked quite a bit already:

"Is Deathrun dying?"
    No, Deathrun still has a ton of potential and I really hope it's well taken care of in my absence.

"Will you return?"
    If things work out IRL for me, and if I'm still needed when that does happen, then I might come back.

"Will you be playing on the server?"
    I might come check in on things every once in a while, not just to see how the server is doing but also to catch up with a lot of regulars who I've grown attached to over my time as staff.

Other than that, there's not much to say. I've loved being a part of Deathrun this long. I've met a lot of really great people who I'd do anything for, I have seen Deathrun in its peaks and valleys, and I have done my best to help it succeed. This entire experience has made me quite happy, and @Highwon better take care of it from now on lol.

I feel obligated to drop some tags below, and if you're not tagged, then I guess you're still pretty cool. :love:

My current and former lemmings (@PixeL @Vital Vape @TylerJoseph(Henry) @birdapprentice @NoHackJustGood @Penrouk), I'm so glad I had the pleasure of working with you guys. It's meant a lot to build a team who feels more like family than anything.
    Can we start doing our own game night like we used to?

And @PixeL, thank you so much for putting up with me and all the work I made you do with the (possibly) future update. Set some time aside one of these days so we can finish that up, if you're still willing.

@NoHackJustGood, maybe sometime this summer I can join you again on TTT. Remember?

@Opalium ... Good mod, great admin, spectacular lead. You're not only amazing as a staff member, but I can honestly say our friendship formed quicker than any I've ever had thanks to the...
    [​IMG]

@Giraffe thank you for answering my stupid questions when I didn't know what the hell I was doing. (y)

@Falcor, you're a great lead, and even though I haven't been under your care long, I know you'll do good things. Keep in contact please! I've enjoyed our conversations.

@Highwon , thanks for putting up with me for so long. :nerd: Try not to break the server too much in the meantime, yeah?

Seriously, it's been fun you guys. I know it's kind of shitty me leaving while everyone's getting off of school and the Deathrun players are returning, but I've been in a rocky place recently and my birthday is coming up in a few days, I thought it'd be best to get this weight off my shoulders before then.

And for my fellow WoW players, or anyone who wants to kick my ass in Hearthstone, feel free to add me puppy890#1842 haha.

Take care, and may the lag be with you!

• Friendly Friendly x 22
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

f

quality screencaps from your video.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Highwon

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

congratz on your long term top 1% of staffers you will go down in history f

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

f

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. f

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

f

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

You've helped me so god damn much. Not only to be a leader, but to be a good person.
    You've also helped me to have hope, and to care about myself, to stop myself from hurting, physically and emotionally.
    You're a damn good admin, and you'll always be known as one of the admins who definitely impacted the community.
    In one of the best ways possible.
    We're lemmings together.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. .shirt

.shirt VIP

F

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

F well, there goes Bouncy castle

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

Although I didn't know you much, you were a great person! Every time someone talks about you it's positive! One day I hope I can play DR with you :) I wish you the best of luck in the future that awaits you! (Ah my only memory was when I first logged on this wonderful server, you were on DR!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Damn it, Miss Latency. It's Immortal Flying Killer Snail, not the other way around!

Part of me still refuses to believe this is happening. Even though it was only a matter of time...

You and me go far back, Lady. From the early days of memeing around in Discord and the founding of the #LLUUSC, to us joining forces in our fight for DR. We had countless conversations, both fun and serious, and quickly became great friends. I was and still am horrible at deathrun but together we did everything we can to keep it going. You are one of the only few people I've met here in SGM that had so much passion and dedication to their role. DR isn't just a duty for you - it is what you love and care about. You made DR into a home and family for many people, people who saw you as the cornerstone of a small community they loved, a place they returned to everyday because they felt a a part of. And while it's not simple to be the leader of such a thing and have most of its weight on your shoulders, you did your job far better than others have. In your way.

But you're far more than just an admin. You're a fantastic person and a great friend. I've had a ton laughs and memorable moments with you and I can't wait to see what other "adventures" we'll have at the future. You're a person with so much to offer and endless passion to what you do and love, and I can only hope more people will get to know these great qualities in you.
    And I'm not the only one saying that. Your mods and former mods, the regulars of deathrun and many, many other people in the community will all agree with me here. Just take a look around. ;)

To be honest, I'm having a bit of trouble writing this post. It's a farewell, but you're not going anywhere. So...

Miss Latency, it's been an honor and a pleasure being your lead, and it is a greater honor and pleasure being your friend. Keep in touch, and always remember how proud of you I am. :love:

~Uncle Opal

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I dont have a lot to say here. Idk what else to say other than I will not think of the community the same without you here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Thanks for the refugee back then. I enjoy our conversation, LadyLag. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Damn Lady. It really is sad to see you go. I remember the first day i hopped on to the deathrun server you gave me like 50000 points for the shop. Still gonna use that Sora skin that you allowed me to have.
    Take care and dont forget about us. We sure wont forget you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I'M LAGGING! LADYYYYY!

All I can is say is that I didn't really see this one coming and it sucks to not see you in an actual colored name now (silver is meh!). Good luck with your future endeavors and hope you have a good birthday when it comes up. Good luck. :sneaky:

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Lady Lady Lady,

What a crazy weird 506 days.

What can I say that you don't already know.
    I wish I had half as much heart and dedication as you.
    You're a great Admin and DR couldn't have anyone better leading the charge. It's a sad day for DR.
    I really hope everything goes well for you.
    And I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Take care Lady :love:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

In the end we didn't get to play DR together. Anyway, it was nice being on the staff team together even if it was for different servers and I've enjoyed the occasional talks we've had. Hopefully things will work out for you in the future though. Take care!

• Friendly Friendly x 1