50 Phobias, which phobia did you find the most interesting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Silly, May 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

1. Arachnophobia – The fear of spiders affects women four times more (48% women and 12% men).
    2. Ophidiophobia – The fear of snakes. Phobics avoid certain cities because they have more snakes.
    3. Acrophobia – The fear of heights. Five percent of the general population suffer from this phobia.
    4. Agoraphobia – The fear of open or crowded spaces. People with this fear often wont leave home.
    5. Cynophobia – The fear of dogs. This includes everything from small Poodles to large Great Danes.
    6. Astraphobia – The fear of thunder/lightning AKA Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, Ceraunophobia.
    7. Claustrophobia – The fear of small spaces like elevators, small rooms and other enclosed spaces.
    8. Mysophobia – The fear of germs. It is also rightly termed as Germophobia or Bacterophobia.[​IMG]
    9. Aerophobia – The fear of flying. 25 million Americans share a fear of flying.
    10. Trypophobia – The fear of holes is an unusual but pretty common phobia.
    11. Carcinophobia – The fear of cancer. People with this develop extreme diets.
    12. Thanatophobia – The fear of death. Even talking about death can be hard.
    13. Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking. Not being able to do speeches.
    14. Monophobia – The fear of being alone. Even while eating and/or sleeping.
    15. Atychiphobia – The fear of failure. It is the single greatest barrier to success.
    16. Ornithophobia – The fear of birds. Individuals suffering from this may only fear certain species.
    17. Alektorophobia – The fear of chickens. You may have this phobia if chickens make you panic.
    18. Enochlophobia – The fear of crowds is closely related to Ochlophobia and Demophobia.[​IMG]
    19. Aphenphosmphobia – The fear of intimacy. Fear of being touched and love.
    20. Trypanophobia – The fear of needles. I used to fear needles (that and death).
    21. Anthropophobia – The fear of people. Being afraid of people in all situations.
    22. Aquaphobia – The fear of water. Being afraid of water or being near water.
    23. Autophobia – The fear of abandonment and being abandoned by someone.
    24. Hemophobia – The fear of blood. Even the sight of blood can cause fainting.
    25. Gamophobia – The fear of commitment or sticking with someone to the end.
    26. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia – The fear of long words. Believe it or not, it’s real.
    27. Xenophobia – The fear of the unknown. Fearing anything or anyone that is strange or foreign.[​IMG]
    28. Vehophobia – The fear of driving. This phobia affects personal and work life.
    29. Basiphobia – The fear of falling. Some may even refuse to walk or stand up.
    30. Achievemephobia – The fear of success. The opposite to the fear of failure.
    31. Theophobia – The fear of God causes an irrational fear of God or religion.
    32. Ailurophobia – The fear of cats. This phobia is also known as Gatophobia.
    33. Metathesiophobia – The fear of change. Sometimes change is a good thing.
    34. Globophobia – The fear of balloons. They should be fun, but not for phobics.
    35. Nyctophobia – The fear of darkness. Being afraid of the dark or the night is common for kids.
    36. Androphobia – The fear of men. Usually seen in younger females, but it can also affect adults.
    37. Phobophobia – The fear of fear. The thought of being afraid of objects/situations.[​IMG]
    38. Philophobia – The fear of love. Being scared of falling in love or emotions.
    39. Triskaidekaphobia – The fear of the number 13 or the bad luck that follows.
    40. Emetophobia – The fear of vomiting and the fear of loss of your self control.
    41. Gephyrophobia – The fear of bridges and crossing even the smallest bridge.
    42. Entomophobia – The fear of bugs and insects, also related to Acarophobia.
    43. Lepidopterophobia – The fear of butterflies and often most winged insects.
    44. Panophobia – The fear of everything or fear that terrible things will happen.
    45. Podophobia – The fear of feet. Some people fear touching or looking at feet, even their own.
    46. Paraskevidekatriaphobia – The fear of Friday the 13th. About 8% of Americans have this phobia.
    47. Somniphobia – The fear of sleep. Being terrified of what might happen right after you fall asleep.
    48. Gynophobia – The fear of women. May occur if you have unresolved mother issues.[​IMG]
    49. Apiphobia – The fear of bees. Many people fear being stung by angry bees.
    50. Koumpounophobia – The fear of buttons. Clothes with buttons are avoided.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Lepidopterophobia, but honestly butterflys are scary when the randomly try to fly right at your face

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Autophobia seems interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Achievemephobia – The fear of success
    :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. auggie

auggie Active Member

Xenophobia, im scared of unknown waters and islands

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Valedict

Valedict VIP

• Like Like x 1
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Same

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

I have acrophobia, and man does it sucks. I don't like climbing ladders or rock climbing or anything ;(
    But I think the fear of long words is interesting

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Number 43, insects have always gotten me on the fritz, put a 1 metre tall Barking rotweiller in front of me, i won't flinch. Put a wasp or any other form of flying insect in front of me, I'll run faster than Usain Bolt on cocaine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

@Solar phobia - The fear that you will either be converted into liking Kpop because your admin likes it, or the fear of being demoted because you are part of solar's team.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1