28 day ban- the baron

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by The Baron, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Baron

The Baron VIP

I was banned for 28 days by the killamarshal for "hacking" I do not cheat in the game. One round I picked up 17 credits and spent it on c4. I do not know why I was given such a long ban for this.

I would really like to know what I did that was "hacking"

2. The Baron

The Baron VIP

Your In Game Nickname: The baron
    Your Steam ID:confused:TEAM_0:0:58321550
    Which Server: all the TTT west and easts

Why should you be unbanned: I did absolutely nothing wrong on the server. I do not ghost, hack, or cheat
    Evidence of innocence: I was just randomly walking around a map and a message pops up saying "you have been banned for 28 days, reason- hacking." I have never hacked in my life before and never will. I do not cheat and do not ghost. It would be really nice for someone to explain what I did that was considered "hacking"

3. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

On round 4 in ttt_bank you only searched around 3 bodies. How the hell do you accumulate 17 credits for c4? Also, you planted c4 3 times in a row without buying? whats up with that?

http://imgur.com/a/NHTjy

SS provided. We had discussed this with several mods and admin and determined you were hacking. No way in hell you could get 17 credits like that.

4. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

i only issued the ban, i will let the mods who cast the judgement (Rambo and Tsu) provide the evidence they gathered against you and then rest their verdicts.

5. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

This ban should have never been issued, as far as my knowledge of how the Valve source engine servers work, there is no possible clientside way of giving yourself credits. Which means, no hacks could give him more credits. Same goes for the C4, it was possibly a bug in the damagelogs, due to him buying so fast. It's easily possible, what of two of those 3 bodies had 5-10 credits each? Not to mention the credits he accumulates throughout the round.

If you guys are really firm on the ban staying, I'll get Highwon to look into the raw logs.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Also the fact that he doesn't have to ID the bodies to get the points. He still could have moved to the bodies of already identified traitors who still had points on them.

7. The Baron

The Baron VIP

traitors get points for killing detectives. when a traitor dies with unspent points other traitors can pick them up and use them. When a detective dies a traitor can pick up their points as well. I am not a hacker.

Did you admins/ mods ban/ question my other T buddies that round on how I got so much points. I am not a hacker, I play fair and try to enjoy the game as best as possible and I would like this to somehow come to a conclusion

8. I don't think he is hacking, honestly.
    I played with him all day and saw nothing suspicious, also he is one of the newest joined members and just bought vip today or yesteday I believe.
    As for the insane amount of credits. I have a record of 16 credits in a round, it's not impossible in any way.
    As for him dropping a c4 3 times. Probably a. Mistakenly pressing "pick up c4" instead of "arm c4" or just picking it up to move it.
    Either way I really don't think we have established enough proof to ban him.
    However it is your call to make, do what you think is right.

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I remember about two months ago, there was a player that always saved his points until the end and planted about 8 C4's all together and synchronized them for one explosion.

10. Killamarshall

i was informed that it was a Cheat engine by another player, the only issue i have is that he planted C4 throughout the whole map, not bought in a very fast order and logs show very few buys comparitive to the amount of C4 planted, i do not believe he was giving himself credits, more along the lines of "duplicating" or spawning in C4.

11. Zikeji

As previously stated, equipment is serverside, you can't spawn it in as a client unless the client had administrative access(which he definitely didn't). As far as I'm aware, there aren't any dupe bugs either. If you think he was duping than have Highwon look at raw logs later on, but don't ban him on suspicion.

12. Then unban him until we establish any real kind of proof.
    It's not fair holding him responsible and punishing him for something he probably didn't do.

13. Killamarshall

again the real proof would be the 2 or 3 c4 buts, and the planting of 6+ c4's, how else would it be possible without our logs showing that he bought?

14. NerdsWBNerds

NerdsWBNerds Member

I agree with Zikeji. If this was Arma 2 and the server let the users do whatever the hell they wanted, then maybe, but most games (as far as I know including GM) don't allow stuff like that to happen.

15. Zikeji

Logs can glitch, he could have picked them up. Did you count the total number of C4s bought that round, including his?

17. Killamarshall

the round that was seriously questionable was 5 C4's planted by him, with it showing 2 bought by him, logs showed one other person buy a C4. if i remember rightly.

18. Zikeji

Again, it's still suspicion. We can't rely 100% on the logs. Highwon can check the actual raw logs and see what they say

19. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

You have been unbanned for now.

20. Killamarshall

User has been unbanned for lack of hard evidence, i will ask highwon to review the "raw logs".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.