13 reasons why (real discussion)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Theinkern, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think of 13 reasons why

1. Great show

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Covered a great amount of detail about suicide

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. The show had a shitty ending

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. The show had a good ending

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  5. I still need to watch the show, so I will come back to comment ;D

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  6. That girl is a bitch for making those kids go through all the tapes

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  7. Those kids deserve what was said to them

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  8. I love this show, and feel it will help others

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  9. It is a great idea, but fell short of goals the show wanted to achieve

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. I felt like the show was very informative

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

I am really curious to hear what people have to say about the show. Also I wouldn't scroll down as there could be spoilers and ruin parts of the show if you have not seen it yet. I will try to include my post in spoilers of parts of the show but do not read on from here as it may ruin the show. Suicide hotline linked last.

[​IMG]

What did you guys think of the show?

I thought throughout the whole show the focus on suicide was a bit misleading until I got about the end. The end really tied things up for me and made a lot of sense of why she did what she did with the tapes, but overall I thought what she made those people go through unnecessary as she was causing the kids extreme stress and sometimes it looked like the start of PTSD episodes.

What was your favorite scene?

I would have to say my favorite scene would probably have to be when Clay gets the recording of the guy confessing what he did to Hannah. (even though it is never justified at the end :( )

Also when they talk about when he keys the other dude's AUDI xD
    [​IMG]

What scene did you hate the most?

I would have to say the scene I hate the most is the ending. I really wanted to see what would happen to the rapist, and if Hannah truly gets her vengeance on him.

Funniest moment from the season?
    I think a funny part I can currently think of is when Clay shows up early to the party and doesn't know the 2 hour late thing when you show up to a party.

The ending what surprised you the most or shocked you the most?

At the end when you see the camera kid stacking up the guns. This doesn't surprise me in the sense as I couldn't imagine he would resort to this, but more surprises me as in a show about suicide how they also show the other option some kids do take and it is very sad.
    [​IMG]Also i was really surprised when it wasn't the rapist who got shot <.<.

Did you think any character was supposed to be someone else?
    I thought tony was a undercover cop. For the longest time I thought he was suppose to be covering what happened and making sure the other kids don't go on a chain suicide after Hannah. It wasn't until he made clay climb the rocks and such until I really realized that he wasn't a cop and was actually a student.

How did you get into the show?

I was introduced to the show from my girlfriend :).

If you feel like you can copy my questions and answer :) or do whatever you please. I would like some comments about this show as I felt like it was pretty decently made and it achieved its goals.

If you are thinking about suicide, I would highly recommend reaching out for help. There are many resources out there to help you and don't ever feel like nobody won't help you. If you just need someone to talk to I am more than willing able to talk to you and I am sure other people in this community will as well. I myself as a teenager went through various amounts of depressing thoughts and went through some shitty things. If you ever need to just talk to someone because you are feeling depressed hit me up in a forum pm. If anybody would like to offer to help as someone to just to be able to talk to as I may not be preferred over some others just send me a pm saying I will.
    If you are thinking of suicide though, I recommend going straight to this and not to anybody here as we are not professionals and you can get better help through this hotline or online chat.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. beyblade informant

beyblade informant Banned VIP

is this a cooking show?

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I read the book and have been waiting for a show for almost 3 years :oops:

I didn't fully pay attention to the show but watching parts of it really brought up memories and how powerful it was when I first read it (I was in Grade 9).
    If you want to watch it go ahead, the build-up is worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

This show was one of the best that was dirived from a book. Having read the book years ago I knew what was comming. The show really did not hit as hard as the book, but the show did exelent justice to the book while adding in enough hollywood to keep in the story line. Mind you it was an ungodly short book, i think Clay went through the tapes in 2-3 days.

Idk if it was just me but I saw them leading up to a season 2 ... Either a mass shooting, another suiside, some targeted murders, the court case. Even if they do not lead to a season 2 I am ungodly sattisfird with this ending.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Add me to that list, I am willing to talk to anyone about anything. Convos are all kept private so your privacy is kept to yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

The main that I hate is that the ending was awful, it just screams season 2.

Also, while I understand that the overall message of this show is really nice, and I guess you could say informative, it just didn't have an incredible impact which leads me to say that the show isn't that great. I don't know what they could've done better, and I don't know what I would've liked to see (besides a better ending) that would allow me to like this show even more.

Another thing that made me not like this show as much is the fact that it's another over-hyped netflix show, just like Stranger Things in my opinion. While both of them are good shows, they're not amazing and I don't think that they live up to all of the hype that they create, which again, leads me to think that they're just not amazing shows just good shows.

7. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

You could say the same thing about games coming out today. Hype is always going to be higher than expectation. I never heard about this how until I was shown it tbh.I agree with it isn't GREAT it is good. I think their message got mixed up in a story more than over things about suicide. Still good compared to some other shit shows about suicide I might say.

8. I refuse to watch this show because all the annoying hype and tweets that were all over twitter for 2 weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

I like the fact that is shines a light on suicide, and promotes bullying awareness.

The scene where Clay goes into Mr. Porters office and explains every reason for Hannah's suicide, and how she does it really got me. The general show only put me into tears a few times, as the reasons for the suicide were mildly spread across episodes, but when every reason was clamped into one and an actual show of her suicide when her parents came into the bathroom in denial and shit really put me into tears.

(To be honest, I'm not 100% sure it was Alex who got shot, I don't remember these scenes extremely clearly bc I watched them on the plane rip)
    In the last bit where Alex gets shot, it's been told alot that the photographer kid actually shot him. The guy had a gun, and in earlier scenes he had a picture of all the 13 reasons, then pulled Alex's picture down. Alex then gets shot a few scenes later. I dunno it kinda adds up and makes me think Alex didn't really shoot himself, but was rather murdered.

Fuck courtney and Justin.
    And bryce.

rip Jeff, he didn't deserve it :c

and lol:

[​IMG]

Edit; oh yeah, add me to that list. I'm here for anyone if you ever need somewhere to vent or a good meme sent your way to cheer you up ♥ (confidentially, ofc, It'll be kept between us)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Python~

I don't feel like some deserved tapes. The Asian kid was just being nice. She told him to fuck off, and he listened. Like why is this his fault? Same with Clay. I get he should've stayed, but she made it painfully obvious she wanted him gone

I also feel Hannah didn't fact-check anything, especially considering she got the person who raped her friend wrong. And the Asian kid still had the apology (though he could have forged it).

12. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

what, she didn't get it wrong, it was Bryce? At first I thought it was Jason yeah, but later in the episode it was 100% clear Bryce raped her?

13. Python~

She made it seem like it was Jason who raped her friend. But it was Bryce. Bryce should've had 2 tapes, not one. And if those tapes got out, Jason would be accused for the rape

14. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

The tape was a bit of amess but at the end of the ep she made it 100% clear it was Bryce, especially when Jason punched Bryce for raping Jess.

Whos tape was it actually meant to be? Jasons second?

15. Python~

It was clear to the audience that Bryce had raped her. But she said it was Jason's 2nd tape, when it should have been Bryce's first imo

16. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

I think she was mad that Jason let him do it. I dunno why that would be a reason for her suicide though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

I like this show very much. One of the main arguments against this show is that it almost idealizes suicide. I agree with this, you wont live to make a show, you wont live to see the revenge, you wont live to see their faces.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I love this show honestly I thought it would be stupid. But it's pretty good tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2