100% Transparency

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Python~, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Or perhaps they're leaving you in the dark, as they should be. Theres so much leaked logs and drama because this incident was created and/or exposed publicly. I think we all just need to relax and give it some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. ....Right, perhaps they are 'leaving us in the dark'. They don't want this situation to be public despite asking publicly for him to give them answers. God forbid Highwon actually is being silent/afraid and refuses to answer Sinz and Anna. I'm sure the possibility exists that they've actually been given their answers and just don't care to let anyone know what Highwon's actually done to them after everything that's happened. Yes, just as they should be. Okay.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Hey @Squidd, don't mean to stop you in your tracks but I think we need to clear up something.

Sounds like you are citing things posted in this thread (http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/thread-closed-thread-deleted-thistle-coi.35976/) as happening right here, right now. The reality of it is those events took place a few years back (mentioned by the OP) and honestly would recommend you to take a step back and evaluate your information before you jump to conclusions.

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. christ lol.

5. Bamboozled again!

6. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Ah, thank you @wink for clearing that up for me. I thought it was fishy, and someone even went through the trouble of evem creating a new pastebin of this on to make it look newer.

Now that thats been cleared up, my opinion still stands that he should apologize publicly and reisgn. The pastebin had no real sway on that opinion so it stays the same.

There's so much faked and unoffical logs (aside from the shoutbox images im the OP) that are going around that I can't trust any info.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. I still stand by my statement that Highwon should hurry up and give a proper response to Anna and Sinz publicly, since they themselves have made what's happened public by asking on this thread. He can't just give Steve Mason his time and then up and dip once Anna and Sinz show up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Yes, we know. You've stated that about four times now at least. But spamming that isn't going to pressure Highwon into respond.
    He probably just needs time. Hea just a man himself, after all. He's probably going through a lot of shit right now, so just be patient okay?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

How many times does it have to be said about misinformation and keeping your mouth shut if you haven't heard the full truth? Squid, you just got back, you have a history of being toxic, I was hoping to atleast see that you changed but instead you start trying to spread more false information..... really? I'm disappointed.

None of us will know whats happening, and probably never know, the conversations may be taken to PMs, steam conversations, ts or discord conversation, the only people that know are those that are involved, so until they feel the need to tell us please stop making up stories.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I was the first one to say that I doubted the information, and have already agreeed it to be false. I've also been agreeing that we should all be patient and wait it out.
    Your need to bring up my history and "carpet bomb" all my posts on this thread, even though Ive been neutral and only given my opinion, just goes to show that this topic is overly emotionally charged, and that this thread should probably be locked as no real constructive discussion is happening anymore.

Edit: Just to make sure I'm not spreading false info of any sort, I've gone back and removed all of my thoughts on the false infortmation I read. Hopefully you understand that its not my intention to make matters worse here.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. hi sorry to interupt . plz send me points i wanna gamble with

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

@Highwon can't just "resign". It doesn't work like that.

First of all, a majority (I would estimate 99%?) of the code that runs STTT, whether it be on the servers or features written for the forums, was created by Highwon and is the property of Highwon. If there is a bug that crops up, maybe due to an update on the forum or an update to Gmod, Highwon is the one who fixes it. Not to mention the XenForo license is owned by Highwon. The account used on the payment processor (Paypal) is his. As well, the NFOServers account (if he still uses them) with all the servers is his.

So if he were to truly "resign" you're asking him to give up potentially thousands of dollars worth of custom code (and that's a low estimate) as well as multiple licenses and accounts. Which means whoever takes over control has to start paying the bills (and hoping donations cover it), and be responsible for maintaining the codebase, among other things.

There is no way anyone in their right mind would give up the codebase over a petty dispute.

Unless you just want him to "resign" as the community leader so someone else is the face of STTT and he still maintains thing in the background - but that isn't really changing anything because he would still have ultimate control.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  13. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

BEstIRAQIGAME4LEAD

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

If you think Highwon would ever resign, you're in for a shock. He will keep treating his staff like utter garbage as long as possible, and maybe one of these times, he'll just kill the whole server with no warning or refunds. Don't do donations, folks. SGM is on its last legs.

• Dumb Dumb x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

I asked Highwon via PMs, but upon request of the individuals below I'm posting it here too.

Fox and GunAndBomb were both permanently banned, and have been looking for some context behind their bans. Seeing as this is a thread created to make transparency, I think @Highwon should explain why Fox was banned at all, and why Gun was permanently banned.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Squidd

Squidd VIP

You make good points, but I think your final bit there was the best idea here. If there were a way where he steps down as a community head, and move into more of a technical owner. Where he would solely work on the technicalities of everything, but have no control over the politics. He could probably take pay from it, as he is giving up control on his own intellectual property. I just don't think the community is going to heal anytime soon, and something needs to change to get over this. I haven't seen the community this divided in my time being here.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  17. Zikeji

You say he treats his staff like garbage - which I've never seen happen. Even if someone could prove, without a doubt, that the demotions & bans were "unjust" (or invalid) I still wouldn't consider that "them being treated like garbage". Whether or not they were a "good staff member" in the eyes of the community, their job is to hold up Highwon's ideals on how the servers should be kept in check. If they were demoted, that means in some way they weren't holding up those ideals. It's as simple as that.

As for him killing the server without warning or refunds - this won't happen. First off, refunds would never happen. The users agree when they donate that it's non-refundable. It's a donation - not a payment for a service. This is very clear. Secondly, donations are kept and recycled back into community related costs. So there are two scenarios I can see where the community gets closed. #1 is if donations stop / die down enough and the reserve funds run out to the point where the community can't be maintained by itself. #2 is if the servers completely die and are so inactive Highwon see's it as worthless to keep them going. Neither scenario I find particularly likely. In the latter scenario - sure, it might get shutdown w/o warning but in the former there would definitely be a warning, a call to action. But these are completely hypothetical.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Strange seeing you say that.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Zikeji

Are you saying I should feel like he treated me like garbage back then? He did not. I'm not a sensitive little pussy who gets offended because someone won't listen to my opinion.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Idk about treating staff like garbage, but I feel like some staff deserve some sort of communication of any kind from the man. A lot of people are still awaiting further responses from him, like the ones I stated previously. But I dont think you can really speak for Highwon, so don't think I'm berating you in any way.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1