1.7/1.8 Combat Mechanics

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by oG-ItzRebel, Jan 24, 2017.

?

What Combat Style Do You Prefer?

1. 1.7/1.8

54.5%
  2. Current Combat Mechanics

45.5%
  1. Combat Change
    The combat system currently as many people know it is pretty bad. Ever since the update of 1.9 the combat was changed drastically.
    Me being one of the people that finds PvP a big aspect to the game, the new PvP System is not to many peoples liking.

Now I understand PvP is not really a main concern for the server right now, its more or less trying fix bugs/lag issues of the server currently. I feel that later though or very soon something like this could be
    implemented to the server for the players that enjoy PvP.

Honestly though, majority could agree that the combat style now is pretty garbage, and everyone could prefer a plugin/script that would allow the server to have 1.7/1.8 Combat Mechanics.
    I know that it could take some time for something like this to be made for the server, but it could be something that could bring more people to the server. I see this as something helping the server due to a lot of people I have talked to in the passed have refused to play servers that are 1.9 and above for the combat style. So, hopefully people seeing something like that could drive more players coming through and checking out the servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

We were talking about this on TS and its true. Bring it back M8

Big 1+

3. S.Bradley

S.Bradley VIP Iron

+1
    I'm with kyle all of us that are older players were discussing it while mining that diamond of course (y)

4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

+1

5. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

What was so good about the old combat system? the fact you could spam your sword?

6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Yeah that's what they're saying.

7. Rozboon

that system was garbo -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

The 1.9 combat system added depth to the empty combat that was in 1.8 and under. Spamming a sword really isn't all that hard and neither is 1.9's combat system once you get used to it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I'm neutral on this as it makes the game harder yet more natural honestly, but the spam of 1.8 mmmmm baby that was amazing making someone fly because you could combo ladder them. +-0

10. The depth to only be able to hit someone once every 3 seconds to actually do damage?

11. Rozboon

the fact you have to strategize your hits instead of just running at people holding your mouse button down, yeah, the old system is garbage.

12. Yatty ☄️

I think you are forgetting potions and shields exists and actually have a purpose in minecraft. Before 1.9 potions they were pretty much un-needed.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Spamming sword isn't a good combat mechanic, it just allows me to destory people using macros.

And I'm sure nobody wants that.

14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I think the combat system is the least of the problems the server has right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Depending how you actually played determined if they were needed
    Every fight I went into I used them and so would the other person (Hey this is factions I'm talking about so that's basically a must PvPing item/items) i never played normal MC like a good majority of people because it was boring
    It didn't bring me joy to the game as factions/other PvP based modes

16. Yatty ☄️

The point is, before they were pretty annoying to craft and really didn't make much of a difference compared to someone who is just spamming their sword. 1.9 introduced a more robust combat system that made these items more worth while in combat.

17. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Ask mojang for it

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Basically impossible. No plugin can change the combat mechanics, you'd need a mod to do that.

19. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

20. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

As pixel said there are plugins matter a fact there is actually no 1.10.2 or 1.11 or 1,11.2 mod that makes the new combat go to the combat of 1.7 or 1.8.