Your Thoughts on the Community as a whole

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Igneus, Dec 29, 2016.

?

Does any part of this community need changing?

1. Yes(specify why in the comments)

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No(specify why in the comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Igneus

Igneus VIP Silver

Hello, Today I was thinking of ways that this community could improve, and I thought what better way of getting ideas than letting you guys debate about what currently is good, what is currently bad, and what you would like to remove/add in the future.

Happy Debating!

• Optimistic x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    We have these rules for a set reason. In my past few months of being here, I've seen numerous people get away with a lot of bullshit just because of their status in the community. Maybe actually implement these rules for once? We are all equal before the law.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

The problem is that players make the community. Certain gamemodes/servers are only going to attract a certain type of person. Making changes to the community doesn't matter much if all the new players joining are still trolls. There are some problems that won't ever be solved around here because the solution would have to battle with the free will of the players. It's like trying to promote good morals and white hacking on a hacking forum, the core thing that attracts people there goes against what you're trying to do.

Trying to make any big changes to the community would basically be "we need more of this type of person and less of this type". The community demographics and population would need to be the thing that's changed, but that's uncontrollable.

I barely play gmod anymore, I just stick around because the drama is more entertaining than reality tv.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

A lot of rule breaking and toxicity comes from people treating it more than what it is, a gaming community. It should be a place for everyone* to be friends or at least just be chill and play the same game, or meet and play other games. Naturally a lot of drama happens and human nature just causes a lot of other shit.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I mean, I could copy my massive essay I sent to the leads but it'd probably do more harm than good.

• Funny x 4
    • Useful x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

youre the problem with this community, teasing us like that smh

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Change is needed for the survival of the community. Things change, rules change people change. While the core community may look more or less the same in a year or two, it will be different because of this change.

but ye is pre good

• Like Like x 1
  9. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

new game content i guess
    there is really no big issue at the moment that aren't already handled

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

We should get @Chai to make his shoutbox extension able to change the theme of the whole site!

Dark colors is good and all but I wanna customize it!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I just don't want to use the browser version of the forums when I'm on mobile.