Working on Specs for a Personal Computer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by CorallocinB, Oct 18, 2016.

1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Hello!

By the title, that's what I'm making this thread for. Firstly, I am an absolute shit fuck when it comes to building computers. I've got some knowledgeable parents to help me physically put together the tower n' shit, but I need the sexy meat to help run perfectly.

Now, here's the thing. I have absolutely no idea how much it will take to make my own personal computer, but I have quite the budget to work with. So I would like some help in creating a functional, effective, fast, and game friendly personal computer that won't fuck with any sort of work I'll be doing on it in the future.

- A tower that has no heating issues, I am not looking for a super water cooled tower or whatever (unless it's cheap and effective)
    - A very respectable graphics card that can run the most recently made games with ease
    - A sick hard drive
    - whatever else goes into a computer
    - Sick dual screen monitors n' stuff

I'm literally a novice at all of this shit, so hopefully y'all can walk me thru and give me some sick advice and shit and what's needed to make a tower. Thanks!

EDIT: 2nd REQUEST

If anyone can recommend:

- A great keyboard, not flashy or overly complicated.
    - A simple gaming mouse
    - A gaming mouse pad??
    - 120 Hz dual monitors

V2

Ok, so I've gone over everything with a fine-tooth comb with my father who knows his way around a computer but doesnt know about modern tech.

From your two lists @PanzerShrimp we've decided to go with this set-up

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2zfkgL

From your picture of the "fast" computer

The chassis is the Rosewill

ssd: Kingston digital, though we're considering this

Memory: HyperX fury

I'd like to know your thoughts Panzer.

Im going to be looking at a promising monitor set-up for anyone who is knowledgeable to that.

By the way, I was recommended this mouse and keyboard set-up

Keyboard: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g213-rgb-gaming-keyboard

Mouse: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse

I was told that the keyboard and mouse here are primarily different than standard ones because they have USB instead of the circular input. Also because they can perform macros and the keyboard lights up.

Now, here's the thing. I dont need to pay 60 dollars for a mouse and 70 for a keyboard for it to be able to perform macros. That sounds to me that any standard USB mouse will be fine compared to this G402. Honestly, I'm tickled by the lights on the keyboard and if there's a keyboard like the one i listed and doesnt overprice itself for macros I'll listen to what ya got.

Fuck a 3 foot mousepad.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

3. Santa Claus

Just change up the hard drive. APU's are good for gaming for the price. It'll use 4 cores as CPU and 8 as GPU

4. CorallocinB

5. CorallocinB

I'd also like to say again like, what's needed for making that tower n' shit. I can be given a list of things that I could use for my PC, but does that account for everything I'll need? Is there something better I could use instead of something else, etc.

what a novice i am

6. Santa Claus

You need all of these things. Shop in this order:
    • CPU
    • Motherboard (DDR4, M.2)
    • RAM (DDR4)
    • SSD (I like M.2)
    • Graphics
    • CPU Cooler
    • Case
    Keyboard, Mouse, $130 1080p monitor, headset, speakers

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Santa Claus

Do you have a planned budget?

8. CorallocinB

I've got like, I'd say 5-10k I can do whatever with. Im not trying to build a monster, but Im not going to be cheap to get a pos.

Idk how much these gaming computers that won't break it completely cost. Not just for gaming, for work stuff too.

9. Santa Claus

Alright so there's really two options. Fast and really fast.
    This build is what we are currently buying to replace PC's where I work. It's about $600 without windows and a graphics card. These are the cheapest (but still above average in speed) parts to build a good rig. These will be considered "slow" in about 3-5 years. We will probably keep them for 10. lol.
    [​IMG]
    This one is top tier. You'll be able to play any game today at 2560x1440 max settings (except maybe ark). It'll probably last around 5-7 years before it feels "slow" compared to other computers. With this build all you need to add is a case.
    But seriously this rig has the processing power of about 4-5 PS4's or xbones
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dw6JwV

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CorallocinB

It's nice to know to get a solid af computer it's less than 1.5k Thanks a fucking bunch I'll greatly consider this shit

11. Santa Claus

I forgot the motherboard.. updated link in previous post.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. CorallocinB

Btw, heard from a stream boy, that monitor shit is important, 120 Hz or some shit enabling 120 fps max, but clearly want to work it at 60 fps for more efficient shit n' shit, and since Im looking for dual monitors, any suggestions n' shit or do one of these things contain monitors

13. Santa Claus

Yeah I've never used one personally, so I don't really have an opinion on that. Maybe I can get one next.

14. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Make sure the what you are getting is efficient. Some 3600 DDR4 ram will perform less than a 3000 due to latency and cache. Hard-drive are not what it seems always. Some companies will have perforamce cost of reduce storage. 1,024gigabyte could be 923 gigs. M.2 hard-drive are picky with the PCI express.

15. CorallocinB

If you could speak to me like a 4th grader.... I could only understand somewhat about your performance cost stuff `-`

16. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Sorry, uh...what do you have so far?

17. CorallocinB

In terms of meat for the tower?

Basically what Im considering for now is what Panzer posted above until people post more if they do

18. Santa Claus

He's basically saying "You get what you pay for."

High cost PC parts are high cost for a reason. Two parts with the same specs can perform differently. I spent $300 for a 512GB samsung 950pro, and I get great results from it.

19. Santa Claus

Also @Serialkiller87 if you get bored and wanna compare PC parts, this is a great site to do so. It ranks them from greatest to least performance and includes the price.
    Shop your CPU, graphics, ram and SSD here:
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/

20. CorallocinB

OP updated, thx if you can help!