Denied WhyPeopleRage's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Rage, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rage

Rage Banned

Your In Game Nickname:
    RootyTootyFresh&Fruity
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:69260502
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I believe I should be unbanned because my intentions were not ghosting.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    So this morning while I was playing on West with nearly 20 other people on the map which had a canyon. I saw that AnimeGirl was on the bottom of the canyon, a place (considered by me) as unreachable unless prop falling (Breaks your fall so you don't die of fall damage) or other cheat only ways.

And so I decided to tell the only mod on ( @sNAppy-TurTle ) That she was cheating. But before I realized he was still alive I had already pressed enter thus giving away her position. And so leading to me being banned for 50 days.
    But I do not blame him one bit, I think its my fault for being so drowsy that morning and not realizing what I'm doing and therefore causing him to believe I was ghosting.

In all honesty I do not like ghosters, or in fact any cheaters (which is why I said she was cheating), and don't endorse any of it. I even play with friends but we've never once have ghosted. You can check them up if you wish. (Chibi Senpai, and GO drunk super hero)

I hope I get unbanned so I can continue to play on my favorite server, (West) and not feel like a total dumb ass for getting myself banned for unconscious ghosting (A supremely stupid reason to get myself banned.)

Thank you for your time and I'm hoping all goes well.

~Rage

(PS Who would ghost to an admin or mod, unless they aren't, like seriously!)​

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

I'm not 100% though. It's not that you were intentionally were trying to give her location away, but to help so Anime didn't get a unfair advantage. Although, I want SNAppy's response. So we'll see what goes from there.

3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

The problem with this is that you still gave away anime's position, which led to him getting killed. I've had to ban certain people for ghosting because even though they never intended to do it, they did it and gave a player an unfair advantage. Ghosting can be any third party form of chat or any form of information that can change the flow of gameplay.

What you did is still considered ghosting and thus you have been punished appropriately for it. However, the final verdict lies with @sNAppy-TurTle in the end.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  4. Rage

Rage Banned

I just wish to be given a chance to prove that I'm not a cheater and was nowhere near having the intention to do so. I do know it lies upon him whether I'm let off or not but I just want to make sure he understands what I meant by it and maybe go with a warning or lower the amount of time I'm banned for.

5. Rage

Rage Banned

[​IMG]Hope you get my intentions.

6. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

I believe that as mods, sometimes we have to step back from the game in order to do our job.

If WhyPeopleRage brought the location of another player to a mod's attention because he believed the player was breaking a rule and wanted the mods to correct it, then he honestly shouldn't be banned for it.

I mean, say some player was hacking with aimbot or speedhacks or something. If you as a mod are alive, and some guy who's dead tells you "hey, this player is aimbotting, he's killing everyone he comes across with instant headshots", then yes, technically that's ghosting, but would you ban him for it?

7. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I've dealt with multiple cases of people saying "X is the last traitor, and hes AFK" in admin chat. Because they were helping us do our job, it should not be considered ghosting. I say snappy should have just brought him and walked away.

8. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

Precisely.

9. ZeRo

The thing is that canyon's bottom is accessible by falling at a certain part of the map. You don't need to prop surf or anything. I can access it just fine and have done it many times. That area of the map is not inaccessible and that's the problem.

10. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

That's the thing. If a player tells you the location of a living player that is somewhere that is considered unreachable, then just !bring them. It's completely situational, though. Like if that player is a known traitor that is somewhere unreachable.

The AFK thing should still be considered ghosting because they would eventually just get killed or forced to spectate, but what if they come back from AFK, right after that?

In any case, it can even ruin the rounds for staff. If someone ghosts to you in admin chat, telling you any if the information that only you would know then, you should kill yourself. I usually give players a warning if it their first time, they're newer, and they wanted to help. It's completely situational, but keep in mind that Snappy did the right thing by following the moderator guidelines for punishment as set in the Server Rules. Moderators aren't to judge whether a person should be banned or not, because not all of them have been through mostly all ghosting situations where an admin has instructed them to punish outside the Server Rules. The guideline set in the !motd and our moderator guide are the guidelines our mods should follow and never go outside of the, unless instructed by an admin or higher.

I'm going to wait for Snappy's side if the story, first. Also, you're only banned on one server for the time being. Feel free to play on our other servers until it expires.

11. Rage

Rage Banned

Okay, that is in fact what I'm doing (Playing on other servers)
    It's just I want to get cleared of the ban so I don't get negative ratings on my application for mod.
    As for the canyon thing I've never before seen anyone get down there, I even tried a million times myself but couldn't.

12. DocFox

It's reachable by ways other than props. There is a section where you can fall down and lose a little hp. Also, don't worry about the ratings it plus or minuses on your application. They are a useful feedback tool to the Admins, but the decision is completely up to us and above.

13. ZeRo

And remember what I said in your app. "Why are you fighting over a rating can change?". Admins choose the mods in the end. Ratings can help them decide, but it isn't too important.

Don't feel too discouraged that you got a negative rating. It doesnt seem like you ghosted on purpose and that's probably why probably why your ban isn't a global ban at all.

14. Rage

Rage Banned

Unfortunately I did not know that. Funny (As in weird) is she hadn't lose any hp. :/ Oh well, it's up to Snappy on what happens.

And Guilty, I though the rating was extremely important. Don't mind me, I'm a bit derpy. ;3

15. ZeRo

It happens. You're not the only one who got negative ratings on their apps. I got a couple myself because I was a troll back in the day. So don't feel embarrassed for your actions.

16. DocFox

Also, there have been people that an admin has been completely against staffing and they still get picked up and do a fine job.

17. Rage

Rage Banned

Well, thats good :). I wonder when Snappy gets on...

18. The Don

The Don VIP

I think youd be a great mod whypeoplerage :)

19. Rage

Rage Banned

20. The Don

The Don VIP

cant its a private thread. but how do you see ratings on your apps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.