Why do you play Vanilla?

Discussion in 'Vanilla Discussion' started by Chai, Dec 17, 2016.

?

Why do you play Vanilla?

Poll closed Jan 17, 2017.
  1. It's simple (Less game mechanics, easier to cope along with the gameplay)

22 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. It's less laggy in terms of the ping (You live closer to the server)

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Less FPS drops (Performance side)

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. Less downloads (Maps, items, weapons etc)

24 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. The people there are great!

25 vote(s)
    48.1%
  6. Others (Post em' below!)

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Thanks for my tag. I started playing because of the people (@Skyrossm @Holiday Graze @Shadow @Jackie The Bucket Husky and tons more), the funny moments that would happen, and the amount of time it took to load in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Salem

Salem VIP

hm wat? I always had a tag for you hm? you left me out how dare you

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Valedict

Valedict VIP

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Hypocrites, the both of ya, I talked to you guys a bunch, and no tag????

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I used to go on vanilla every now and then as a regular. But it wasn't until I became staff that I had to play on vanilla. I'll be honest at first I hated the guts out of vanilla. I used to think it was the worst of our servers but not for reasons you might think. Staffing vanilla, it had a lot of reports but they are super easy so that wasn't my issue. My main issue was that vanilla had 8 rounds. On top of that we only had 2 maps which was b5 and minecraft city I believe it's called. So it just rotated from one or the other and I always knew what to expect. Each map could last 1 hour, and I'm telling you now. That was not fun at all. Along with that, I had spent over 400 hours on the modded servers so I had all these cool items, models, upgrades, and weapons that I fell in love with just gone. It felt like I was playing an unfinished game so all these things together made me not like it. With the exception of people who made it fun like @Jackie The Bucket Husky , @daddy , and a few others I can't find tags for. But for some time I avoided vanilla.

It wasn't really until vanilla's big map update that spiced things up for me. I enjoyed the maps and I had fun playing on most of them. It was different and I liked that a lot. Also when the rounds went down to 6 it was amazing. Now with the constant map updates from our creators I actually like going there. It's not as fun as modded but I don't mind being there. Also my time there has gotten me to get to know some of my favorite people in this community. And two people who I am proud of for making it as far as they did. You guys are great :love: @Kyogre @Pandora?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Rasta

Rasta kektop VIP

I will only play it if a friend is there. I feel for the people who staff it.

7. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I left you out since You weren't one of the players that got me attached to SGM, You came after I was already stuck here lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Being able to shoot some with four people watching me and walk away unharmed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

I play on Vanilla because that where I get all my bitches.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Sheesh. So many different reasons.

Vanilla, at its very base, is its own community. The players and mindsets there differentiate from our other servers. The people on Vanilla act a certain way, it's so difficult to describe, but Vanilla really is its own thing. You'll see why I think this way in the next few paragraphs.

I absolutely love the players on Vanilla. Since Vanilla players make up a very small portion of SGmod's members, you are generally playing with the same people everyday. This allows you to for unique bonds that are not usually seen elsewhere. The regulars share their personal lives with eachither. We have groups on kik, snapchat, etc. that we talk together with daily. No idea what makes us so friendly towards eachither, but I'm guessing it's because it is a very small community.

For me, it's definitely the people on Vanilla. Without them, I wouldn't play as much as I do. I like vanilla due to its performance as well, and how simple it is.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Oh okay then, no need to tag me or anything

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. I enjoy Vanilla since it was one of the first TTT servers I ever started playing. I still play it because of the great people that are on there (WAAAAY TOO MANY TO LIST!!!) I continue to play it mostly for the people that continue to join the server. I venture out once in a while to the others, but stick with Vanilla for it's people.

13. Desert

Desert Nein! Nein! Nein! VIP

I enjoy Vanilla partly because the Vanilla server was where I started (I chose it first because it would be easier for me to learn the rules, then I'd allow myself onto other, more hectic servers). Although the main reason I like Vanilla is because of its community, very simple and straightforward, and not that showy either, which is just my taste. I try to play Vanilla, West 1, and East all in one session of GMod when I do a session, but I find myself playing on Vanilla the most because of how comfortable the atmosphere is there. No offense to the other servers, I just find you guys a bit random, unfiltered, and bombastic, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not my taste.

As someone mentioned above, when you play Vanilla you generally play with the same people everyday, and I like that, and I don't seem to find that at all in other SGMod Servers, so I stick to Vanilla for its community that I can associate with and the moments that ensue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JtheBeast

JtheBeast VIP

To be honest it's just fucking fun. Met a lot of people on was the first serious ttt server I played on. Nough said.

15. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

I dont play on vanilla. I do play on lime and chocolate though.

16. .shirt

.shirt VIP

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Deepsea1508

Deepsea1508 Hyuman VIP Emerald

just mowing down people in plain sight :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Savage-nyan

Savage-nyan i.imgur.com/44Z8Hwc.png VIP

i like to hear the screams of children c:

19. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

because im too lazy to wait 5 seconds more to load into the modded servers

also because i memorised the good c4 spots in every vanilla map

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Kathy

Kathy Anime Girl Banned VIP+

I play on the vanilla servers because I find the maps simpler, some of them on East are hard to understand and I end up getting lost.

• Friendly Friendly x 1