Who are you? (Online Persona Sharing.)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Ravin, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Kawaii

Kawaii Paper Towns

Dont you mean Mia?

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. Literally no reason at all, if you look on my Steam profile, I've gone by a number of names. Local Hobo was adopted from the times when I played Town of Salem more religiously and opted for a super suspicious name. In real life though, I'm a "clean freak" but not a "neat freak". I'm also terribly contradictive. I'm lazy, but work a lot. I've got a home and hot, running water is something I'm super glad of. My picture (on here and the one I have on Steam) has no correlation to me, I just felt like them being my respective photos.

3. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

i just really like twenty one pilots

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sam

Sam VIP

realest in the game
    thug nasty

5. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

Everyone seems to be talking about their names as their online persona, but I'll talk about the person part.

My "online persona" doesn't have a set name, as it changes constantly as I grow, but the person is dear to me. In real life, I am quiet and shy, not saying a word to people I don't know. I am awkward and a person that doesn't have the charm to be a social butterfly at all. More often than not am I in the sidelines, only watching things happen and never being part of it. But my online persona... it's loud, outgoing and happy. It's not a fake, but it's the me that is scared to show up in real life. My "online persona" is the me not hiding under the bed and not as afraid.

My words may be wierd my wordings always wrong but I hope you get the point :D

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Huh... Coulda swore I posted here already. WELP.

My online persona goes by many names, but I most often prefer something that mirrors real life. My prefered name, and eventually my new real name, is Bethany, or Beth, Beff, or Bethy. My current name is taken from an old name my brother used to use on Steam, and I have used it for quite a while now. If you were to ever meet me in real life, you'd see someone very different from the open and outgoing person I am online. I have the charm of a slug, and I have major anxiety issues, something I am glad I can get past online. I'd much rather avoid people if possible, but crave friends at the same time, which is why I am so openly happy and bubbly online.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Interesting topic!!
    My username and "persona" is very unique actually.
    My username originally was created when my friends IRL were all out to eat and they all started making fun of me and how I do not wish to go on dates with guys and I can sometimes be alittle shy when it comes to relationships, so they made a statement like, "It's like you wear a damn chastity SUIT, with a helmet, and every time the guy comes in for a kiss at the end, you SWING the eye holes shut". So now they all call me Chastity, and when I created my steam account, it was the first thing I thought of.

So now my persona is someone who is constantly locked up in an iron dragon scale chastity suit and I go along with all the jokes and tales of never having eye contact, touch, or anything with guys (which is definitely NOT the real case but ya know) xD It is actually super fun to carry myself in that way, almost like a wall or something to scare people away. I think Chastity is extremely rough around the edges, but genuinely kind to people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

I was playing a game called Dino Run and I needed to make an account to play multiplayer.
    [​IMG] This little son of a bitch right here.

My favorite hat was the Link hat. Hence, Linkthedinosaur was born.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Staples

Staples ~Storm princess. VIP

So, this might get very personal but here we go.

As many of you know, (not as many as I would like to be honest) I am a trans girl meaning I was born into a male body but despite that I am a woman. I wasn't always called Staples (my preferred name) My given name will remain a secret as far as I can maintain it to be. I chose this name because after enduring a nameless trauma I found comfort for a long time in physical pain ( I have always been a bit of a masochist) my release of this was found in the edges of the staples I pulled from some paperwork. this stimulation helped me through some pretty bad disassociation after my recovery I found myself still collecting staples conveniently at this time I was trying to brainstorm what I would be called from that point on, so staples it is.

As for the "princess" part, I believe that everything you feel can be changed by what you can tell yourself, for example; some extreme weather hikers found that if they imagined themselves being near a warm fire then they felt less cold. so after a long time feeling unimportant and ugly it occurred to me "why hate myself when all I need to do is actively communicate that I am magnificent!" so, after a lot of time in front of a mirror telling myself that I am a princess, majestic, beautiful, and loved. I started to feel better about myself, and I started to take better care of myself. Now I am the princess that I have always wanted to be.

p.s thanks to all the princesses by other names, one day you will find your crown.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2