Who are you? (Online Persona Sharing.)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Ravin, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Hey guys. So everyone online normally uses a fake name, or online persona of themselves. Names are unique or mean a lot to the user. Let us take a moment to reflect on ourselves and share why we picked our names, what they mean to us, and a little back story about them. Share if you desire.

As I am starting this thread, I suppose I can share mine first. This character or online persona has taken shape over almost 18 years of being on the internet.

Ravin is my online Persona, I originally came up with the name years ago when I did a lot of Online Roleplaying, I used to use the character from Zoids, Raven, as my influence. A very dark and brooding character who was twisted into being something dark, eventually finding his redemption.

[​IMG]

Gradually I evolved the image from this one, to my own. Taking influences of a dragon and the common taste of Neko, I merged my character into a more solidified forum of my own liking. Much of my writing had started coming out in middle school, and gradually let out in highschool threw online means. From AOL 2.0 to yahoo user rooms that no longer exist, I found ways to let my creativity run wild. I even took Latin in highschool, merging from the name "Raven" to "Ravin" because in some cases in the Latin language, you use "I" instead of "E" to signify you are speaking about a male. The name Raven is often compared to a "omen of misfortune." I twisted it into something more unique to my liking.

[​IMG]

Years began to pass, and with time the character began to get some weight. I wanted a change and threw a very drastic and personal ordeal, my persona changed rapidly with a spot of depression. Taking on a more demonic yet personal look like me. I spent a good number of years on gaiaonline and fleshed out a form I was comfortable with for years.

[​IMG]

Spots of depression began to hit me. I was 18 and moving out on my own. Going blind in my left eye, living in a very cruel situation and suddenly thrust into being an adult by myself was no easy task. I found myself lost and confused often. I wanted something to help boost my confidence. The face I had used brought me nothing but ill memories and lost dreams. I approached a close friend of mine, MasterGodai, at the time who was just starting off with one of his comics called Rascals. We came to the idea of a wolf. Something that I was comfortable with. It felt more confident and more prideful. To take my scars and use them.

[​IMG]

I was entranced by this idea. A more "confident" younger me. One that I could push myself and move on with. I started to kick off my modding/admining ideas at this point. Between DayZ, Minecraft, STTT, ect, this was the face that was used most of all.

Several years had passed, the character even got a haircut and a few new scars to bare.

[​IMG]

Finally, recently the last two years he has taken a much more "older" look. Settling into something I am very comfortable with and grown used too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The part of me that has shaped who I wanted to be and be more comfortable with myself has grown up nearly as much as I have, looking back on this post I have spent quite a bit of timing letting out I must admit it is a lot, and certainly not everyone will have the same story I have.

However, I do feel like everyone has a story worth sharing, who they are or what they are attached to that gives them the reason for their online name and persona.

Feel free to share.

And as always, my the goddess watch over you.

Disclaimer - All artwork besides the Zoid artwork is mine and paid for. Please do not reprint without permission.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Uh, its my last name plus the D....

Sorry i don't have a massive paragraph ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

C - First initial
    Driscoll - Last name

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spiderman is my favorite Marvel character. I've been endorsing in the Spiderman franchise since I was a kid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I'm a quitter. But really my name is Patrick P. Park... Just call me P.P.P

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Better ask for a royalty check.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Nickname is Wolfy in both irl and in game.
    Just added Alpha because I hate short names and that I am the alpha wolf. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

I didn't take up the name Alice as another name to go by, just as another alias. I actually chose it for more serious reasons. That aside, I did have reasons for picking Hirari. Contrary to what people usually think, it's not an anime character, and this avatar is most certainly not her face. I'd actually chosen Hirari and started to create that identity due to my fondness of and connection to a certain song I'd found years ago, and still listen to regularly, found here. Naturally, the translation is a bit off, but I think a few ideas could still be taken from it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

I used to be isaacm12 (not in this community) than I went to Whitewolfx0 when a friend on Runescape had it and I wanted to steal it....

So far I like it.

10. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

I'm actually a lightning bolt.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Lighting*.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  12. Han

Han       VIP

My online persona and appearance have differed slightly due to the many times I've changed my name. Below I've attached a few pictures of my online "persona", hopefully this will give you insight to my character.

[​IMG]

This was still a very early phase for me. I liked pirates, so I modeled my art after Captain Hook, a lesser-known villain from Harry Pan. ( It's a good tv series. ) For me, it described how I was being weighed down by boxes, and I was simple and plain, like a stickman. This commission cost me $20 and I consider it a dear part of my collection.

[​IMG]

During this time, I adapted the name "Luke Skywalker" a young antagonist from the Star Trek film series. Luke was my role-model. He was calm and mature, yet to his enemies, he was like a wolf, stalking it's prey! I was stalking my pray. The crown on my persona signifies how I ruled, the thumbs up signaled that I was always ready to give positive feedback, and the blue creeping down my head was a warning of what was to come.

[​IMG]

This was a time of trouble in my life. My internet constantly gave me 800+ ping, making playing my favorite online games impossible! It was a hardship. Even though I was cold inside ( the blue signifies "ice" ), I wore a happy mask of mellow yellow on the outside. I changed my username to Han Solo and began posting Han Solo gifs.

[​IMG]

This is where something went wrong in my life. My persona changed dramatically. I could call it the retarded phase, but that's a bit offensive. I changed my name to "Runs with the wolves" and for some reason I cannot explain, my appearance took a turn for the worse.

[​IMG]

This was the phase that I really improved. I worked out and got abs and pecs. I grew cool and awesome. I felt in control when I roleplayed as my persona, and it affected my life in the best ways I can of think.

[​IMG]

The end. I hope you've enjoyed my small but personal story of my persona!

I got my name after my brother, who's username is Koragorn. It just stuck, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Mason- the chosen surname for a game of sc2 mafia with my friend who was a brother i never had (he chose Arix W Mason), Derp- rage comics were popular (still are to me) and derp was a classic meme

• Like Like x 1
  14. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

I was thinking up cyberpunk usernames and I came up with Neon Dystopia.
    Incredibly, it's also the name of a cyberpunk news website.

16. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I'm sure we all know my story, but for those of you who aren't OG enough to remember here's a recap. Before I played STTT, I used to be really active on a Freak Fortress server in TF2. I played there all the time, but never really got into the community. One night, me and a friend from the server were messing around, and an admin came on. The admin was drunk as shit, and unlike gmod, TF2 ULX commands were made to be abused. He started changing the steam names of everyone on the server, and this is the name I ended up with. I stuck with the name after that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

About 7 years ago or so, I used to be a "hacker" per-say. Not skilled at it by any means, I just enjoyed it. Even wrote my own viruses (not malicious ones, background spying ones). I've never been the type of person to do something mean, I've never stolen an account (even though I've had the chance to make tens of thousands of dollars from it), because of my conscious. It wouldn't let me do anything malicious, at least first hand. Mainly I made petty cash selling my viruses.

At the time I also played a game called "Roblox". My username back then was "Calmypal" (first three letters of name, + my + pal). One of my black hat contacts offered me a hacked account. At the time my account (Calmypal) was registered in 2009, but the rage back then was being registered in 06 and 07. My contact had acquired the account via password guessing, (the password was the username of the account with a space, xD). The account was registered in 06, so I accepted the gift. The username was "tannerzion". I used it, alongside my primary account for a while. The name grew on me though, I eventually sold the account to someone else as I had acquired something called the "Red Banded Top Hat". It was a hat (imagine like the pointshop we have here) for characters, but you could only obtain it by helping the Roblox developers identify a major security bug. This hat, being as rare as it was, and the account being as old as it was, lead to some profit. But I had already been using the name "tannerzion" as my primary name because for some reason, I liked it.

After I sold the account I decided to switch my username, so I cut out the muck and made my primary username "Zio", which I also used for a while. But then, as fate would have, I attempted to register for a site and found that it required 4+ characters in a username. I didn't like Zion, so I set out to find a new username based on the feel of the original (Zio). Somehow, I don't quite remember how - I came up with Zikeji. I've been using it ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Guys, (a few of you), there's already a "what does your name mean" thread. I think Ravin was going more on the personality behind the name, and whatever aspect of your psychology makes you choose to want to be perceived by others as such a thing (could be wrong, though). Like, a combination of your name, avatar (the meanings behind them), and how you interact with people on this community in relation to your name, look, and how you interact with people in real life. We're all choosing whether consciously or not to interoperate ourselves in a specific way that we get enjoyment out of, and want others to interoperate us in that way, too.

Relevant video:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

My explanation included a little bit about the personality behind my name, at least the history. The contrast between my online and offline personality isn't that much. How you see me online is how you'd see me offline (if I were to get to know you).

20. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

• Like Like x 1