Where were you when...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by dad y, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Pretty much. I can personally attest to at least a dozen of the people who have been 'offended' joking with things like murder, rape, and pedophilia before in different contexts, several about 9/11 itself.

• Old Old x 1
  2. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

so what happen on 9/11 is a joke to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

To be honest, I am not offeneed that he used this photo as a joke, I feel offended that he uses the photo to sympolize something that happened on a community that plays games. People died on that event but comparing 1000 deaths to a bunch of gaming community disagreements is fine.

You get hate because you are self centred, as long as you were not affected it's fine, but if It was your relieve that died you would be insanely furious.

Stop being selfish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Juice Juice™

As much as rape, murder, pedophilia, drugs, and any of the other dozens of horrible things we make light of daily is.

5. Togo ✿

i think 9/11 means more than the things you listed above

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Juice Juice™

I'd say the ones being selfish are those getting offended on behalf of others. If you had someone you knew personally, and were greatly affected by their deaths, then yeah. I'd say go ahead and complain. I'd still disagree with you, because comedy is comedy, but I'd at least respect your complaint.

7. Juice Juice™

9/11 was a terrible event that happened in our history. But it is still history. If the joke was "Haha, a bunch of people died, that's funny," yeah, that's stupid and shouldn't be said. But this was an actual joke. A dumb joke to be sure, but it's still comedy. I don't believe in censorship simply because it is about a serious situation.

8. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Poor taste always deserves the boos that it gets. It's a genuine tragedy, if this is what you have to resort to in an effort to be 'funny', you might need to reevaluate your sense of humor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Nazi Jokes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I was about to say.
    Do all these people get all up in arms and get triggered every time someone makes a Nazi joke? A Rwanada joke? A slave joke?

11. Juice Juice™

What do you mean by 'resort'? And who are you to judge tragedy? Is a single murder any less tragic to the people effected by it than a mass murder? Does quality count? Are we not allowed to make fun a dead president or some other VIP, but we can go nuts when some homeless guy gets killed. Yes, 9/11 was a tragedy, but why does it deserve special treatment over every other tragedy we use in our jokes every day?

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Why in the hell did this thread even get dug back up? Is it just to start some petty argument over opinions?

If so, it can be locked at any time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

I think we're a little past locking threads for people arguing in them at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Yeah it is because IT WAS A JOKE TO THE US GOVERNMENT. BECAUSE THEY ASSISTED IN IT...

INVESTIGATE THE TRUTH! Look up BUILDING 7 and The NEW WORLD ORDER

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Old Old x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Can you lock this faking thread please

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Anyway, who's up for some Cards Against Humanity, which is user friendly and clearly not distasteful at all

oh wait...

(idk why I'm here, but its 2am and I'm bored)

17. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

Im normally mad to 9/11 jokes, i dont find them funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

The worst part is that as an Austrian, I actually am on the receiving end of Nazi jokes, and people in the shoutbox are actually making Nazi jokes to my face, directly speaking to me and making jokes about me being a Nazi or whatever. I actually don't mind because I have a sense of humor and I am a normal human being who can go outside and speak to people, but when I said "These people are discriminating me based on my heritage", someone responded "Are you making fun of people who are actually the victims of racism??". That just shows how backwards these people are thinking. Someone is directly being insulted? Whatever. Oh, but there is some joke about 9/11? I'm going to act like I'm actually upset even though I was born after it even happened and nobody I know was affected by it! (Jesus Christ, these people are 15 now!)

The actual sin here is that the """"joke"""" is unfunny. Not because it's offensive (that can make it even more funny, actually.), but because it's old and unoriginal. Get a better sense of humor, you memester, ok?

And people think this is bad? Then listen to this: Two Frenchies over in France are making millions with their comics making fun of how the Romans occupied the Gauls. A shit ton of people died back then, but we're all sitting here laughing about it. Okay, to be fair, those same two Frenchies are already dead, so they aren't exactly making millions anymore. But they used to! Do you get my point?? If not... that's normal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

I'm offended by the twin towers thing in the same way I'm offended by overuse of the n-word. As a (former) comedian. Because it's as overdone as dad jokes, but doesn't come with the same sense of delightful irony or whimsy.

It's like someone's putting McDonalds on a foodie's plate and trying to tell them it's gourmet.

Also I was plenty old for 9/11- it canceled a Differential Equations exam for me. So clearly my judgment of the event is most objective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Togo ✿

Top ten threads that keep getting bumped for all the wrong reasons

• Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.