West 2 and East 2 IP Change

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Serious TTT West 2 has changed IP to 66.150.188.231:27015.

Serious TTT East 2 has changed IP to 74.91.119.176:27015.

Be sure to update your favorites if you frequent these two servers. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TheTrueCatMan

TheTrueCatMan I am the one who knock knocks. VIP

So I take it that this means that you changed the server provider?

3. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

No we are using the same provider but the locations on those two servers changed.

4. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

Let us hope that we don't suffer a DoS attack again. I take a class in 'Security Management Practices' and the book has a detailed explanation of DoS Attacks, prevention and everything, just saw it yesterday.

5. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

We can only hope but as a popular TTT server, we will always be the target of DoS attacks. Hopefully we'll be better prepared for future attacks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. MtnDewBunney

MtnDewBunney Regular Member

If this is one of the more popular server providers I would guess this would acully be a DDos attack not a Dos due to the fact that the serious ttt servers are on the bigger side of things when it comes to ttt and to frank the only difference is that not one system is sending packs of information mulitable systems are witch can cripple the system quicker and keep it in this overload over a longer peiord of time and the sad part about the server being DDos that anyone can do for free :(

7. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Well, he did say DoS attacks. That's plural. A DDoS attack is just multiple DoS attacks at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. no wonder i couldn't find them in my favorites haha

• Old Old x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.