Weed. Good? Bad? And why.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Chill, May 31, 2014.

?

Is weed bad?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    61.8%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

From personal experience, I am WAY more likely to do something stupid while drunk then when I am super high. I think through every action I make while high. On the other hand I barley give anything a second look while drunk.

2. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

But because some stupid people make stupid choices it shouldn't be legalized... With legalization comes monitoring and punishments for misuse correct? Therefore it falls under the same category in laws as alcohol, you have to be 21 to buy it. You can't smoke it in public places, you can not have more than an ounce on your person etc. The laws WA have set are working fantastically.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Just because you're solely a stoner, doesn't mean that everyone is. Also, I have a lot of friends that get high and have actually been in accidents with only marijuana in their system.

To add to the video game thing, there is a difference between specific games being banned and video games, in general, being illegal.

4. Killamarshall

Well i am glad the conversation seemed to calm down from a flame war LOL

5. stormcreator

Your friends should not have been driving. Its a responsibility thing.

6. DocFox

It's illegal with monitoring and punishments for misuse.

I live in Alaska and they've been doing this pot thing for quite some time.

7. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Smoking weed or drinking comes down to responsibility.
    Drinking can ALTER and DISABLE some parts of the brain for a period of time but yet it's still legal.
    Smoking weed doesn't make people artificially "dumber", I know A LOT of people who smoked weed and still outranked most students in many schools.
    It's matter of perspective, things being illegal doesn't make it bad. Just the system doesn't accept it.

There's over 4 million dollars spent yearly (I believe yearly, let me research this real quick) being spent on arresting recreational weed smokers. And there's another millions of dollars being spent on monitoring them within prisons.
    Why can't we use that money instead to making weed legal and help stimulate the economy?
    The system will always be corrupt, always.
    Like you've said before, they were obviously paid off. Why not use that example for weed?
    I'm not a smoker myself but I believe it should be legal. Smoking weed has more pros then cons. Please do the research.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Killamarshall

I said where weed was the sole reason. With your friends i doubt it was as well as i doubt the accidents were fatal.

9. DocFox

Does it matter if the accidents were fatal? There was potential for it to be fatal and they just got lucky because they were so relaxed they were high and didn't get hurt; the same thing happens with drunk drivers. Yes, it was the sole thing they were using, so I'm not sure how you can doubt first hand experience with no experience in the situation at all.

10. stormcreator

11. stormcreator

I don't see why this is an argument. The bottom line is that it is YOUR responsibly not to get behind the wheel while impaired.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. thanemartin4

thanemartin4 Regular Member

Killa whether or not the accidents were fatal, they were still in the accident. Honestly, I would ask that you calmly analyse and consider what others have said. The laws in washington may work fine, but guess what. My neighbour (who is in GRADE 9) Got arrested for having 20 ounces that she was planning to smoke and sell. Clearly taking 20 grammes of drugs off the streets is bad.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  13. thanemartin4

Hey, when IMPAIRED, people can't make proper judgments. How you managed to overlook that massive detail is beyond me.

14. thanemartin4

One its GRADE 9 which makes her 14/15 and secondly here weed prices are $10 an gram

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  15. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

He wrote "a 9th grader" btw cx
    Usually they're like what? 15 years old by then? correct me if I'm wrong.

16. stormcreator

I didn't miss it. It is your responsibility to know your limit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. stormcreator

My bad. I also forgot that you are in Canada, but no you can't get an oz for $10 unless its covered in mold. Either way its not like weed made her do it. That was her own irresponsible choice.

18. Jello

Jello Banned

If that stuff is 10$ an ounce it is either very very very bad or just no. That stuff just doesn't happen. I believe you ment to say 19-20 grams which are normally 10$ a gram.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. stormcreator

@thanemartin4 To get this convo back on track I would like to know your reasons on why it is bad, in detail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thanemartin4

Im too tired and its a thursday night. Stormcreator i will anseer that in the morning/afternoon