Answered Using !p to tell somebody not to camp in fun round.

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by NeverEnding, Jan 20, 2017.

1. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Well my question is stated above.
    Does it count as ghosting if you use !p to tell a fella person to stop camping in a fun round.

e.g. A dead player pm a live player not to camp because it's a fun round( not giving location or anything, just !p <name> <Stop camping in fun round>

Because I heard some of them say it's considered as ghosting with the following bullet point.

Ghosting: Ghosting is the act of providing round related game-changing information to a player, or players, through means of third party communications. Examples of third party communications would be steam chat, !p (in game), Skype, or any other form of communication that is not the global chat in-game. As an example, if I messaged a player, "!p <player> *players name here* is a traitor, kill him." it would be ghosting.

2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

If your exact words were "Stop camping in a fun round" then no it would not be ghosting. All fun rounds display rather you are or are not allowed to hide/camp during that fun round before it starts.

The few instances of ghosting that could occur on a fun round are if you give away live players location to another live player(regardless of reason) before the blip indicator has appeared naturally.

Ghosting in general is about how you say something and why you said it. If your intent is to deny the natural flow of the game by providing information one does not know or even has not realized, that is ghosting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Taken literally, I feel like it would be ghosting, since they would most likely abandon their current strategy (changing the outcome of the game)

I feel like it shouldn't be considered ghosting though. The admin below explains it well.

4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You aren't offering up any information to the player that he doesn't already knows except that camping is not allowed on certain fun rounds. In that case, no this would not be ghosting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1