ttt_sky_islands_v2

Discussion in 'Maps' started by john redcorn, Mar 24, 2016.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205628930

Brief description: A map based on minimalism. It features several floating islands, arranged in a downward spiral format. The bottom island and the top island are connected by an elevator, which can be stopped momentarily by the traitors to buy a little time. There is also a segment of stairs a traitor can activate to fall away.

How will this map add enjoyment to the server?: This map is actually very rarely found on newer servers, as it was one of the 'forgotten' maps from Garry's Mod 7. It's actually a great map, which forces traitors to make kills in uncomfortable situations at times with it's flow. There a few main buildings which feature different uses, such as the main house area which can be easily c4-able for some kills, yet forces a good plant. Or the ladder building towards the bottom, which could be utilized as a sniper's nest for either innocents or traitors, as it is somewhat fortified. All in all, it encourages multiple forms of gameplay and wise decision making by the traitors. The map's smallish nature looks like it would be a downside for a full server, but it offers enough variety(unlike rats) and places to go to allow traitors to pick innocents off 1 by 1.

What the map needs: Enough gunspawns to support 36 players, including custom weapon spawns. That's about it.

Pictures, since the guy who added it on steam doesn't believe in screenshots and rather show off his shitty watercolor paintings: http://imgur.com/a/Ohc8T

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I've played this map a lot before, it was okay. +1

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. john redcorn

bamp

4. Goose

Goose Duck, Duck, Goose Motherfucker VIP

I loved playing on this map back in the day, here is an absolutely fat +1 for Sky Islands

5. john redcorn

I can't resuggest and create a new thread without getting laughed at, but I think this map should honestly be looked at still, despite a half year going by. I stand by what I said about its gameplay being unique and often challenging when compared to the big three maps on the server(dolls, 67th, innocent) making traiting an interesting affair with no right or wrong answers. Plenty of spots of c4, plenty of spots for trip mines and sniping. Tear gas is an effective tactic, yet the map would still feel innocent sided, simply due to its nature.

I would love to see this guy in rotation.

6. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

+1 Looks pretty sweet..

7. I remember this map, it got that t tester with that long ass wait time. Fun +1

8. Jigat

Jigat "Computer over"?! "Virus = Very yes"?!? VIP

+1 I've always loved this map!

Pros:
    •It's a large map but with condensed focus points!

•Allows Traitors to pick off people at a distance but not without giving the Innocent a fair chance at knowing where to look for Ts.
    •Building up top is great for C4 and still gives Innos a chance at survival!
    •Narrow choke points allow for tripwires!
    Several T traps, TNT barrels and vantage points for Nades.

Cons: As staff I can foresee several issues.
    •A high map with lots of open areas make discombob/shoving RDM very easy, if someone wants you to fly off the map to your death, that's very easy (Can be seen as a Pro for Ts.)
    •The amount of TNT/barrels make explosion and prop damage harder to track and a higher probability of happening.
    •T-Baiting with Snipers, a lot of people will get nerveous around Snipers, and if any are shooting in any Direction but up or down could very well be killed for "T-Baiting" even if they weren't shooting near anybody.

Summarization: Worth it!