TTT Scar Island Updated!

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Paradox, Jan 16, 2017.

?

Should we replace island with this or no?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Neutral

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Reintroducing Scar Island, Ok let's get started first And foremost I know I already suggested this but this however is a different version!, and @Carned did say highwon denied it but I checked it's filesize and fps and it is good, and file size is average 34 mb (It's worth it, at least in my opinion :)) this update however adds a huge frame increase by adding area portals and is still getting updated (At Least as show by the maker in the steam workshop version.) Images, A Link, And Per Usual A Video Can Be found below and a Poll can be found above.

Scar Island...but with frames.

Based off of ttt_scarisland_b1, this partially optimized version makes judicious use of Area Portals to keep you from rendering most of the inside of the lighthouse, the sewers, and the basement, unless you need to render them. The result is a decent increase in frames outside, and a massive increase in the previously listed locations, as the Area Portals stop you from rendering the outside while in them.

This map could be further optimized through the use of Hints followed by a full compile, but those have not yet been done. Still, the increase in frames is enough to release this version immediately.

As this does not change the coordinates of the map in any way, you can copy and rename any rearm files you may have made for ttt_scarisland_b1 and use them on this map.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. Paradox

Also, If anyone rates neutral/other I'd like you to comment why (Not required or needed or anything, it's just helpful to see your view on it :))

3. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

The reason I'm neutral about this map is because it's kinda similar to ttt_island_2013, but slightly larger. I have played on it in the past, but it's an alright map. Nothing too spectacular.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I'll make sure to give this a fair trial at the next meeting, however like Agent says, its similar to Island, but hey, we could replace/rotate them if the map is good!

Thanks for the suggestion.

5. Paradox

I realise it's really similar to island but the main reason i'm suggesting it is because of a couple reasons, one being it is a good bit bigger (Not a lot granted but a good bit) it has more places to go and mpre things to do around the map, and just looks nicer then island 2013 in my opinon I realise that it uses the same textures but it's laid out nicer in my opinon, but thanks for the comment.

6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

We tested this map last night.

Whilst nothing technically wrong with the map, when played we found it quite boring and slightly too big.

Sadly it was denied.

Sorry!

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Paradox

anyone up for a retest as weve gotten lots of new things since then, it got better fps, the logo is gone, and the usless t button is gone, since the latest update.

8. Having more frames than Island is a big plus. That map has huge frame issues.