Tshop Hidden

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Confused Amish Man, Nov 3, 2016.

?

Include hidden as a (pricey) T shop item?

1. Yeah, that sounds dope

9.5%
  2. Nah, I don't want a cool new weapon

47.6%
  3. Maybe, I have concerns and a modification for the idea

42.9%
  1. Add Hidden as a Tshop item.

Now, I know what you're thinking:

"Buying hidden in the traitor menu? During a normal round?? That's INSANELY overpowered!"

Well, yes. It is.
    But it'll be 9 credits. (Or whatever Highwon decides is an appropriate number).

I understand some of you think that all T shop items should stay at 1 credit, but since most special items fill slot 7 or 8, there are 4-5 credits that go to waste if you're like me and the last Traitor alive, collecting credits everywhere.

PROS:
    New thing to work towards as a Traitor
    Adds some spice to normal rounds when people aren't on to start a fun round which is most of the time
    Very hard to obtain, so it's not like everyone can instantly get it
    Already built into the server, only a little bit of messing around, easy for devs - tried and proven to work

CONS:
    Overpowered (but like I said, 9 credits? Ridiculous price)
    If there are any other cons, list em below, I'd love to hear why this wouldn't be great.

I thought of this because I was tired of having nothing to do with my remaining credits, and I remembered on an old server where you could buy a mech for 12 credits, but that was WAY overpowered.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

T items can only cost 1 credit, its how TTT is coded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

Like Carned said, TTT items can only cost 1 credit, all we can really do is put it on a cooldown or leave it to the last traitor, but the only case I would see this fit is as an anniversary thing, not something you can use regularly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Items costing multiple credits have been worked into other servers before, but those servers are often highly customized and figured out how to work it in the code. If @Chai could make items cost multiple credits, it would be wonderful to introduce some fun traitor weapons during events.

Interesting idea, but I would rather see a "slightly overpowered" weapon cost multiple credits first during an event to see if its feasible with our current server configuration.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Sorry, but -1. Regardless the cost of it, it will still be way to OP to include in a normal round. Its wicked easy to gain a shit ton of credits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wait, sorry, I know I said that I saw some of you had issues with a multi-credit item, but you're telling me SGM hasn't even incorporated multiple credit items like at all?

That just seems kind of insane to me for such a large server, it's a very easy modification to the shop that every server I've ever played on or helped run had on it. I'd be more than willing to talk to a developer about the issue if need be!

7. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Okay, i might consider changing my opinion if certain things would be changed.

1. Make the Hidden visible if used in a normal round, but make it to where you can not hear the hidden when they are near you.
    2. Make it to where you can only buy it if you are either A) The last T alive and there are 7+ innos alive with you. or B) you must wait until it is 1 minute into overtime.
    I am however sorta skeptical about allowing B as it could potentially motivate players to delay until the timer has run out, but it is still an option as the mods can easily slay for the delay.
    3. If the multi credit thingy is implemented, then make it at least 5 credits to use. I forgot the correct math bullshit around how many Innos have to die for the T team is given a credit to spend, but its wicked easy to get a shit ton of credits especially if you have a T buddy to dies before using their credits or if you kill a Det before they use their credits.

8. NinjaDragon48

NinjaDragon48 Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul VIP Emerald

I'll be -1 this for a couple reason, my reasons:

#1 The Hidden is already a game mode
    #2 If this was a T weapon it would be used every round (Basically making it hidden every round, which I feel players will begin to get annoyed)
    #3 Way too
    OP I've seen rounds where a single Hidden player can kill every Inno on the map, but if you add a bunch a Ts into that Innos will never have a chance.
    #4 From the way I've seen things work when it comes to the T and D shop, it normally is fairly balanced between the two. This would unbalance the game

To comment on the multiple credit idea, if this would ever be implemented, I would say a minimum of a 5+ credit for it, as again it is very OP, even getting 5 credits even can be a very easy task, as example: FUll server, 36 Players, 6+ Traitors, and 4+ Detectives, 26 Innocents (All that would be depending if player buy for the round which happens frequently) Already beginning of the round there's at least 16 Credits on the map, if a T doesn't use there credits or a D doesn't before death you can scrounge up those credits easily. Plus when you get rewarded credits for doing your T or D duties. (What I am saying is that if you really want that perk, it can be very easy to get even at 5+ credits)

Also I did forget to mention this for the credits. Traitors can give other Traitors points, so again 6 Traitors each get 2 credits beginning of the round 12 credits, already if planned correctly you have 2 hidden beginning of round.

I will keep this Idea in consideration, but until I see it become more balanced, and maybe something equal of strength for the Detectives I will keep my

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Oxydeous

Oxydeous VIP

I actually did conceptualize an idea like this, a Demonic Sword. Very similar to the hidden, except with extremely hindered vision and if you didn't kill someone every 20 or so seconds, your body would wither into a burned carcass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

I like the idea but seems it may get abused too much regardless of credits. I mean change it towards more traitorous power ability where we could have a traitor have instant knife for 30 seconds going around slaughtering Innocent. Try keep the fun rounds out of it.

11. Honestly, even if you cold code it in a way, it's a -1 from me, because if you think about it if there are 4 other t's (which there are after 20 people are in the server) then all the ts can give their creds to one guy. just seems overpowered.

12. Qaaap

Qaaap 404 User not found. VIP

About the unable to make something 2 credit thing:
    Well 3 years ago when gmod 13 was just new, and I was playing on some old community. We had T shop with items that were actually 2 credits even 3 credits ... It was often indicated by the little C icon left or right under, They basicly had: Defib that makes 1 person alive and spawn as T/D (No matter what role you were before aslong as it is within 1 minute.) depends on which shop you had.
    I'm very certain it is possible to make T shop items over the 1 credit. There was also a thing where you would need a certain piece of equipment to unlock the next one.
    For example Normal disguiser is needed to buy the advanced disguiser ...

When I think about it
    That old server had a "Hidden" swep aswell all you could do with it was: 3 nades, 1 knife (insta-kill), Ability to leap. no invisibility.
    Wow that reminds me, Alot of things that get denied here and were applied there xD (Grapplehook, Defib, Hidden, Cloak, adv. disguiser).

I just don't get why people often say it is impossible when it's not.

Opinion on the actual suggestion:
    -1 Would be too OP.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1