Trouble in Paradise

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by GRYPHN, Aug 8, 2016.

1. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I first joined the SGM servers to troll, I was taken off guard before even doing any of the said trolling by the staff and the player base. Although I was from Vanilla, It was still pretty nice. I have spent 11 months on these servers, almost everyday and honestly, I never got bored of it. And 2 days ago, I loaded into the servers to experience a problem that I once did before, But just had to relog to fix (the previous time). This problem evolved into me instantly crashing everytime I load into one of the servers, to see my screen flash white and Garry's Mod not being open. This happened hundreds of times, I searched for ways to fix it and tried everything on the first 5 pages of google that seemed like they would help. Upsettingly, There was no solution, I'm thinking, Hoping, that this will fix itself or end up being resolved overtime. Until then, You might see me on the forums or TS.

With that being said, I decided to resign, Compared to my 1st and last resignation (3 day resignation) I thought way more about this one, I didn't want to leave since I just switched teams and just talked to Shaddoll about how fun it would be to be on the same team.

I'm gonna tag most people who were helpful or just overall made MEMEories with me over the 11 month span of me being here.

STAFF MEMBERS:

@Wompzilla
    Although we didn't talk much, I honestly am glad that you were the mod who took Shadow's place.. except for the fact you didn't know how to meme.. And now look at you, You told me I was a cringey memer, You know how to specify memes now.

@Ruby
    The EdgeLord; Lego Brick XXXpert; Wuby; dadsruse;
    At first when you joined the team as a trial and I trained you for like 4 hours and knew we would probably end up right where we are right now, 2 memers who want to get dank. Honestly, You were one of my closest friends in the community, I hope we will stay in touch on steam/TS/etc

@Shaddoll and @DarkLegion

This pretty much applies to both of you.. You guys are both awesome people, Dark... You got my buzzed snapchats and weren't even phased... For that, I'm shocked. Staffign with you guys was pretty lit.

@Giraffe

YOU DAMN GOON!
    Probably the best person to staff with due to skits with people in game chat xD The fights we would have jokingly. Im proud to be part of the goon squad man.

@Graze
    Part of the Vanillian Crew, One of the OG's (To my day that is)

@Guilty @Sinz @Kyogre @C.A.Anna @Lemon

Guilty, You were pretty A-a-ight.

Sinz, You were practically my admin for the first week of my moderator run, and for that, I'm thankful. Thanks for all the help.

Kyogre, the roaster, You are extremely helpful.. From Day 1 of my application, I guess you saw something that most staff couldn't see since I was mainly from Vanilla, you gave me that push that I needed to give me even a chance with mod. I'm glad there was someone like you to help me out.

Anna, You win too many damn giveaways, I'll get you these points right after I fix everything.

Lemon, the DANK memer. When I decided on switching a team, I knew that you were the one to go for if I wanted to expand my current nickname from the cringelord to the true Tupac of SGM, You were the man to understand... But honestly, You and shaddoll on the same team was a huge plus.

EX MODS STAFF:

@Shadow

I saw you evolve from a regular to a mod to an admin. Really damn fast. I'd like to say thanks for giving me the chance at being a moderator here.

@Skyrossm
    Man, Keep in touch.

@Drunk Dog
    Probably one of the funniest mods I've seen around.

Sorry to the many I am forgetting, I don't want a million worded resignation.
    Hopefully, Someday I'll Return

• Friendly Friendly x 36
  2. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I love you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

Damn, saw you around recently and I was hoping to see you on the server some time soon. Guess that will have to wait good luck with your future endeavors though! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

Gimc, You are one of the people that I wish I had gotten to know better while on the staff team together.

Every experience I have had with you has been a positive one and I am very saddened to see this resignation. You were always awesome to be in the same channel with and I always enjoyed myself when with you regardless of what we were doing.

I truly hope to continue to see you around and that hopefully you can one day fix your Gmod and come back on our servers.

Until then I wish you nothing but that best my friend.

PS: Your buzzed snapchats were lit af but it's gonna take a lot more than that to phase me, I challenge you to try again :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Sad to see you go as a mod :(. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future and that you can fix your Gmod so you can come back to the servers:)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

I'll miss ya greatly bud. We should hang out sometime!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Darth Gorgamel

Darth Gorgamel A Dark Lord of the Sith VIP Emerald

Me sad. Didn't expect this to happen. I hope you find a fix to your problem soon. Cya later then my friend.

8. Bear

Bear Meow VIP

I did not interact with you as much as I would've liked to, but I enjoyed every time we were on the servers or in TS. I hope you both get your game problems fixed and then come back.

Bear

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP+ Silver

I'm glad I could learn from one of the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Represent, #TeamShadow OG's

I'm sure you've been through everything, but have you tried using and hard drive? Or have you tried running Garry's Mod through the steamapps folder?

• Like Like x 1
  11. gunerz.117

gunerz.117 Spartans never die. VIP

R.I.P. hopefully you can come back!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

Farewell Lad......hope you come back.

13. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Heh.

Gimc you had a long run and you were persistent. Many players know that you were the mod they could count on, staff knew as well. Hard to see you go, but good things come to an end. Hopefully your problems will pass over and you'll be back to the good 'ol times. I'll still be here when you return. Thanks for training me buddy!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Take it easy, man. Hope to see you back soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

f

16. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Cya around Gimc :)

17. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Feel free to hop into TS anytime. We only really talked that one day, but it was fun.

Also, this sounds like a problem with your graphics card. I had the same problem a while back. You may need to check that out. If that's not it, I hope it resolves itself soon

Cya around

18. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

WHAT THE FUCK! I demand 1 million words this instant!

Naw man, but to be honest I can understand what's like to a certain degree. Being a mod for that long really starts to eat away at your pysche (in my case i am fucking insane so).
    Have a nice life plaese dont unadd me because I need someone to buy my pencil erasers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I love you

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

It sucks having computer issues.

Take care dude. You were a stellar moderator and hopefully will be back again once your computer issue is solved.

• Friendly Friendly x 1