Thoughts on new "version" of deathrun

Discussion in 'Deathrun Discussion' started by JurrasicRex, May 1, 2016.

1. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

Sometime on 5/1 or 4/30 they changed the "version" (I guess) of deathrun, making all the interface and spectating different. I was wondering, how people liked or dislike this. Me, personally, I don't care for it. I prefer the old one, but I can still live with this. Also I was wondering why it was changed, any mods or admins who can tell, that would be appreciated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

I actually feel the same, also the new version is a bit glitchy, people who didn't death avoid were accused and were put on death duty for 8 rounds, plus the clutterness, and how hard it is to see who is dead and who is alive. The older version, there's a dead and runner tab, now it is just a lighter version + X over name, this is more for people to join server because it is new, but new isn't always better, Windows I'm looking at you!

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

This was a command we intentionally ran to test the death avoid penalty.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

Oh ok, thanks Sinz! But why did you guys make the deathrun version update? Just for the commands or to get more people on or what?

5. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

This version of the gamemode is more up to date and has more features compared to the old version. We'll release the change log shortly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

True, thanks for that. Just feels a bit cluttered and weird, will need to take a few days to adjust to it!

7. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

While you won't be able to do much about most of the stuff you mentioned, you have the option to go back to the default HUD by going to
    F1 -> HUD Theme

[​IMG]

A value between 2 and 3 will give you a HUD that closely resembles the old one.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

Oh, I knew about that option, but never about doing that! Thanks, Verified!

9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Still can't disable trails

2/10 pointless

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

So you couldn't in the other vcrsion.

11. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

yeah, it doesn't look as clean, and sleek as the older one

12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

What?

"Still can't"

• Like Like x 1
  13. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

Yeah, unless you have a literal potatoes as a computer, I think the trails won't kill you.

14. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

It's less about lag rex it's they get annoying and can distract you or you just dont want to see them.

15. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

I mean I get that, but not everyone has one, it is also, for me atleast, symbolizes a staff member quickly.

16. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

So allow me to explain some of the benefits of this gamemode change.

- Death Avoidance Penalty
    - Map trigger zones (aka at the end of the map it records your times and sets them as a record)
    - ULX Scoreboard support (This helps the staff deal with mic and chat spammers a lot faster than before)
    - Weapon changes (Recoil, Spread, Ammo, damage have all been changed to make it a little more manageable)
    - Custom HUD Support + Crosshair(as seen from this image here you can now change the HUD and Crosshair to whatever you like)
    - Singleplayer support (You can now join the servers when they are empty and still play the map to practice. If you get stuck you can use !respawn to bring yourself back to the beginning of the map)
    - Button Claiming (There is now a better Button Claiming system in place that allows for a more "fair" approach to claiming rather than people pressing a button to claim a trap. (The server does it for you if you are close enough))
    -Bhopping (You can now crouch and stand back up without loosing you speed as well as the acceleration has been changed so it requires a bit more skill to gain speed)

Also I understand your complaints about the fact that the UI feels more clunky and less organized. It's not the prettiest thing in the world and it will take some getting used to if it's kept in. I personally do not mind the sacrifice of the UI for enhanced features that further improve game-play experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

There were some issues when the new gamemode was implemented, but everything seems to be fixed and running well now.
    On debut, I was less than excited about the change (that being the understatement of the century).
    However, since then I've come to love it, because of the auto trap claim, bhopping has become significantly easier, and not to mention the death avoid penalty (yay!)
    Yes, the layout and user interface are a pain, but it's all a part of the package ;)

Also, the change has brought far more players to Deathrun than it has seen in quite some time.

+1 :LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  18. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

Yeah, the new version is pretty cool. The reasons Yatty listed are actually really cool. It will take everyone some time to adjust to it. I actually, like the new features and everything just the UI is pretty horrid. I especially like the couch to un-crouch without losing speed. It usually sucked when you tried to bhop and had to crouch over a trap. Then stop to un-crouch, and restart from time to time.

19. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

They might if too many people are hopping around with those annoying ass trails that aren't even transparent in any manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JurrasicRex

JurrasicRex Member

Yeah, I get that now. But it should be a setting to atleast make them less vivid or long or just all together get a command. Atleast there should be a setting to make them translucent.