This is Late But...

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Serpentine, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Serpentine

Serpentine snek VIP

Many of you think I was demoted from being mod, so I thought I'd post my proper story here.
    I decided to put my whole heart into becoming a mod and working to benefit the community throughout the summer and into the school year because I have been a part of it for so, so long. I was previously known as Red (not the mod) a few years back and I had a lot of fun with many of you, but friends do come and go, and I doubt you guys remember me when I went by that name. After a long hiatus, I came back with this new name and new profile since my forum account had been deleted or idk what happened to it, maybe I never made one before. But that's besides the point. During this new time with Sgmod I made some solid friendships and am really happy here, so I decided to go one step further and become a mod to help out the community and bring it closer together. With the type of person I am, I go above and beyond. However, way more beyond than is actually needed and I end up exhausted. I did way more than what was required, I wanted to please my admin and my team, but in the end it just tired me out. I missed playing the game for what it was, and not having to work through so many reports and expectations. At the same time, I began packing and getting ready to move into res, which was also stressful. The toll on my mental health both IRL and in-game proved to be too much for me. I'm also going into engineering, and I have 36 hour weeks just in-class. I would not be able to continue the required hours that modding requires and decided to leave team Kyogurt. It was too soon I admit, I loved my team and wish things were different. Modding isn't for everyone, and I don't see this as an act of weakness. I see it as learning who I am and what I enjoy. A huge thank you to @Kyogre for having so much faith in me and trying to work around the cons of modding that I experienced. Also to @Machinekiller00 for being so wholesome and pure. But in all seriousness, you've always had tips for me and have always been so kind.
    I will still visit the community and play with you guys. This isn't a complete farewell, just my resignation story.

• Friendly Friendly x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

It was sad to see you resign as a mod so quickly. You happened to stop by EU2 a few times during that short duration and help us out a lot. Few people can manage to do that successfully and you did. I also hope to see you return in cyan soon because lets all admit, that colour looked great on you and you did your duties nicely.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

You were a good mod, and you're an even better person. It isn't for everyone but you did a fantastic job, and I was so excited for you when you said you got picked up
    I'm glad you're sticking around, even with all that's going on in your life. Feel free to message me anytime to talk or play, assuming I'm not globally banned

Hmmmmmmmm

4. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Honestly I never played with you while you were a mod but
    I did play with you lately and you seem like a down to earth person

I just hope you're okay, my dude

5. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

you were a good mod, we still have fun playing together.

6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Yeah you're pretty cool to be honest. Sad to see you go so soon.. :(

• Agree Agree x 1