The frost has thawed, the blade has melted

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by FrostedBlade, May 29, 2015.

1. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

It's that time guys. I'll be stepping down from my Administrator position. I don't mind sharing why for those of you who care and wish to know.

There are many reasons that contribute to this difficult and painful decision. STTT has been like a family to me; I feel loved and I feel like I have made a lot of lasting-friendships here. I love this community, and I love all of our players, which is why my resignation is necessary.

I no longer have the time to devote to my staffing duties, and it's not fair to our players or staff members if I can't give them the attention that they need. I don't mind sharing the following information with you guys as to why I no longer have the availability that I used to.

Recently, more and more I have been growing depressed, feeling inadequate in my accomplishments and life goals. My grades have really taken a beating due to my addiction to gaming. I need to stop leveling-up in games and start leveling-up in life. I don't have a career yet, and I still don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life. I need to get out there and find out, before I suffer anymore from this depression that I have about myself. Don't get me wrong; I love STTT, Garry's Mod, our community here, the players from the servers, and gaming in general. I have a TON of fun spending time with my friends online, and generally having a good time, sharing experiences with all of you. It's like I am leading two roles in my life; A life among games, and a life outside of them. My gaming life is thriving, while my real life experiences are suffering. I have been growing more and more distant from my family, my grades have been steadily dropping, and my social life has been tanking. Yes, a social life can exist over the internet, and this community has proved that to me, but what I have found is that two social instances can't thrive at the same time. If you pour energy into one, you start to ignore the other.

This doesn't mean that I will be giving up gaming entirely, but I will be doing a lot less of it. This means that I can no longer spend energy towards staffing, and I don't see any shame in admitting when it's time to resign so that someone else who is more able to meet the needs of the community can take my place. After fighting it for so long, I need to start growing-up and spend more energy working towards my future, so that there will be time for fun later.

I am definitely not leaving the community, this isn't a farewell. You will still see me on the forums from time to time, in-game on the servers, and online in steam, but not nearly enough to justify an Administrator position.

Since this is a notice of my resignation and not a farewell, the following tags are for past and present staff members.

@Highwon Thank you so much for all that you do. Thank you for spending time, energy, and resources to keep this community going. What you have started here is something special, and I am so happy that I have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

@Kenny Thank you for the opportunity to be a Moderator. You trained me so well, and instilled in me a drive to go further. We aren't the closest of friends, but I enjoy the friendship that we have. I don't want to get all mushy, but you're a funny guy and you've had a significant-enough impact on me to earn a tag.

@Sinz Thank you for all the great advice and advisement that you have given me. As a Moderator, you were the person that I tried to follow by example. You were always there for me when I sought help or a second opinion, and without your contributions, I would not have become the staff member that I was. You're always a joy to be around, and I'm glad that I've made a friend in you.

@Darktooth Thank you for putting up with me these last few weeks. Even though we don't know each other that well, I'll never forget when your name was purple with a little music note next to it, and I got Traitor 4 rounds in a row and harpooned you at the beginning of each of those rounds. Shortly after that event, I stopped playing at STTT for quite some time. If I knew what I was missing back then, I would have joined the community so much sooner. Thank you for being one of the reasons that I joined the community upon my return, and being the sole person who encouraged me to apply after I inquired about being a Moderator. One of the things that you told me was that it's an amazing experience that I wouldn't forget. I'm happy to say that you were right.

@Slicck You've proven to be a realiable source of advice and guidance for me, thank you so much for all of your help when I needed it.

Slicck - "Frosted, can you do something for me? Tell me to turn down real quick." Frosted - "Hey Slicck, turn down." Slicck pulls out jihad with turndown.wav, gets colted to the face. 11/10 would turn up with you again.

@Toxin I have to admit that I didn't like you one bit when I first met you. I didn't understand your sarcasm and I thought you were just being mean. When it came down to business, you were always really helpful and kind. You 'aight.

@Disruptionz Thank you for all of your guidance, advice, and support. You've always been really friendly and always willing to lend a hand when I've asked. I had a blast playing Halo that one time, and although we aren't the closest of friends, I always enjoy playing games with you. Stay cool and keep up the good work!

@Steven | SP We were promoted to Administrators at the same time, and I've been proud to serve beside you since. Thank you for offering aid to me as we both settled into our new roles. You're already doing great things, and I know that you will continue to do so. Keep it up!

@CDriscoll When I first got Moderator, I remember seeing your name a lot in the Extended Rules and Staff Discussion posts. I always thought, "who is the CD-riceroll pleb and where is he now?" In all seriousness (see what I did there), those posts were really helpful to me, thank you for your previous contributions, I would not have gotten where I am today without them. Now that you're back to the community, I've found that you're a really chill guy, and I hope that we can become better friends.

@BmTron RDM, RDM! Pls Ban! You're such a nice person, thank you for all of the laughs. It's really fun to knife you and hear your frustration on TS. 11/10 - will keep knifing.

@Guilty @Candycaneore @Espurr Thank you all for being such wonderful Moderators and making my previous job as an Administrator so easy. Keep up the good work, and continue the legacy of #TeamFrost! It makes me so proud to say that you guys were my Moderators.

@Sivad87 It makes me so proud to say that you were my Moderator, especially since you were my first Trial-Mod. It's sad that you had to step down, but it's awesome that you've got the opportunity to pursue your goals and dreams in your life. I wish you the best of luck, and thanks for being so awesome!

@MrEvanJ | SP Words cannot express, Evan. I don't want to get all mushy, but thank you for being so friendly and humorous. It's nice to feel like I'm looked up to, and you have always made me feel that way. Thank you for annoying me all of the time, and let's not forget who the real Scout-master is. Stay Frosty.

@Hirari It's been really fun playing Rust together, I've gotten the chance to get to know you better and I'm happy to say that I don't regret it. Keep reaching for your goals, and don't let anything get you down!

@Kawaii Thank you for being my queen.

@Muffin It was always fun to play CS:GO with you. Keep going for your dream of getting into the medical field. Take it from me that it gets a lot harder, very quickly. If you need some advice from someone who half-ass tried and failed, don't feel bad about coming to me.

@Caswell We've been though a lot together, buddy. I wish you luck in all of your future endeavors, and if I can do anything to help, you know I will.

@TheCoCoFTW We don't know each other that well, but I feel like we were getting there. You seem like a really chill guy, and I'm glad to have been a part of a team that you were a member of. I can see you doing great things at STTT in your future.

The list is endless, but I can't keep tagging people. To all of the staff members that helped train me when I was a Trial-Mod, thank you so much for your guidance. It's because of you Moderators that the Administrators have a role. Never forget that staffing is about community service, and not about a rank to obtain. I hope that I have had an impact on some of you, just as you have had an impact on me.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I'm adminless again. You were a great admin and I will miss your positive attitude you had for our team. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on the team while you're gone. Thank you for giving me a chance when I chose to reapply again. I will miss you on the staff. :cry:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Seth Harle

Seth Harle Solace VIP

It's sad to see you go even though I barely know you much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

I'll miss you, Frosted. Take care and good luck with school.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

MAN ITS A SHAME. I'M SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK MINE IS STUCK RIGHT NOW BUT GOOD LUCK IN LIFE, I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RETURN

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Take care, and thank you for your service here in our community.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

:( bby why.

It was the video I sent you, wasn't it?

Don't be a stranger. Much love.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

This makes me sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Best Friend Great Admin he was always ecstatic and funny and brilliant you will be deeply missed.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

enjoy~~

11. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Noooo :(

You BETTER stick around! Thanks for everything you've done

And remember, #TeamTooth one day, #TeamTooth forever.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

:(

Didn't get the chance to play much together, but hopefully that'll change in the future. You set an excellent example for both current and future staff members, and I'm certain your leadership skills here will translate into real life and get you past any obstacles you're facing.

Take care of yourself Frosted, and best of luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

Gonna miss you, buddy. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Bye Frosted. I'll miss ya.
    I'll miss calling you Melted, but you already put the joke in the title so yeah...
    Really tho, bye :cry:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Thanks for all your contribution, I hope only for the best!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Finn

Finn Human VIP

:( Glad you made the smart decision to level up in life, sad to see you go. Thanks for everything.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I remember when you were a moderator, I said that you were probably my favourite moderator, You were nice and you never yelled at me or thought differently of me (or atleast to my face) when I accidentally rdmed. I wished this day would never come, I loved you as a staff member, You once gave me the money to buy a T round after I was rdmed. So sad to see you go. :cry:.

But on a more positive note, Being depressed is a serious thing, And I hope that you become more happy than you have been staffing. I hope you can find sunshine in your life. You better not be lying about that "this isn't a farewell". ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

One of my favorite moderators as lead and one I looked forward to seeing in dodgerblue, many people didn't agree saying you were unknown and weren't that involved in the community. Oh, how they were wrong. I'm glad you joined the administrative team right before you were gonna resign (remember that convo with Event and I?). I'm devastated to see you leave so soon. I love you buddy, don't be a stranger. Good luck in life! :sneakylove:

:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Bot

Bot aimbot 4ever <3 VIP Bronze

Omfg, we were good friends, you were great admin, it was always fun to play with you in-game or have fun in chat. Good luck and have fun.
    #riflebuddies4lyfe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

As solid as they come. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1