The End of the Stone Age

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by STONEY, Jul 6, 2016.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Yes it’s true, I am resigning, but in no way am I leaving or giving up on this amazing community. Besides this is the only community I’m a part of currently and it’s been that way since I’ve joined back in September of last year.

My reason for resigning is due to my personal life and things that have recently been giving me horrible bad luck. I had finally got a job back in March and thought I could take on both that job and staffing since my job is only part time, 8 hours a day and 4 days a week. But it seems that to try and manage 30 hours every other week just takes too much time for me to do other things especially if it’s an emergency. Now I could’ve just kept on being a mod not worrying about the hours with the personal emergencies and worries, but I wouldn’t want to start getting pressured by others for my hours and I’d rather not be taking up a slot on the Staff team when there could be someone else using my spot doing better on their hours.

Anyway, since I’ve been staffing in February I’ve gotten so much love and so much hate. The reasons for this comes out of my 0 tolerance staffing mentality. Before I put in my Application I wanted to see more staff cracking down on people more stricter and harder because there were too many things and situations certain staff members would let happen without doing anything about it. So that was one big reason I applied, to soon become the mod that would crack down heavily on the toxic players and not let anything slip past me. And that’s exactly what I’ve been doing since February and I’ve gotten so much respect and support from it, because most of the players here know that I don’t play around when it comes to breaking the rules here. Of course most of the hate comes from the people breaking the rules and getting upset over the punishments they are given. I’ve been reported on the forums, honestly not as much as I thought I’d be, but the players who wanted to try and lie, whether it was to make me look/sound worse with my actions or because it made them feel better. It was funny all the same cause I fully knew I had the evidence against it every time.

So what I’m trying to say is that in every situation I’d get whether good or bad I’d always end up laughing having a good time and that’s what this community has always been about to me and I couldn’t get that anywhere else. Being a mod meant a lot to me because a lot of people looked up to me and always respected my help and what I would do for them and the community. It would bring me smiles to hear all the thanks given by players when they could see all that I do. It’s not going to be easy for me leaving my post here as staff, but it must be done.

In the future when things are functioning more smoothly and days are more organized I might see about about returning as staff, but that will be long from now.

For any of you viewing this that have had bad times with me, just understand whatever it was that I did, whether it was banning you, slaying you, gagging you, warning you, not slaying the person who killed you, etc. I had very good reason to do it and I was only doing my community service following the rules and protocols. I hate that I have to make others resent me, but that’s part of the gig as staff. Hopefully one day you’ll see how much work I put in and respect that and all that I did to keep the servers as clean as they could be.

Hall of Appreciation:

@CDriscoll You are the best Admin a Mod can ask for and you taught me what I’ll never forget and I respect the time and help you put into this community, and I’m so happy you took the chance to pick me up. You have good taste in picking people up sir. (y)

@SuperUnHappyFace We both started as mods together on the same team and I hope you’ll take care of CD and keep making him proud!

@Panzer Going to miss finding hackers with you! (Actually we can still do this ;))

@Giraffe New guy on the team! Sorry I never got to know you better, my schedule is to blame for that :(

@Guilty Without your criticism and guidance I wouldn’t be as good of a moderator as I am, and I can’t thank you enough for that!

@Ravin You were my go-to Admin for most of my needs of help and you were always there for me and I respected you always helping me in confusing situations.

@Sinz When the going got tough and admins weren’t available you were there for me in my times of need and I took that as gratitude and will never forget that.

@Falcor , @C.A.Anna , @hello my friend , @Zigles , @Kyogre , @Wompzilla , @Slicck , @kynwall , @Muffin , @Darktooth , @Lemon , @Ragman At one or more times, whether you remember it or not you all helped me out when I desperately needed it and I respect each one of you for being there when nobody else was!

@Alice Lumenia , @GimcSnooper , @Exactly , @Shaddoll , @Pika , Too many and too long ago to remember everyone, but you all helped train me to become Moderator and teaching me the way things are done and I wouldn’t of done it without you guys and gals!

@Vector Man you might be one of the most devastated here (maybe not as much as CD) but I’m very happy you’ve looked up to me as much as you have and I always had fun with you and that’s not going to stop now.

@Chai You were a great mod and miss you being one, but being a developer and advancing us with content might even be better!

@Graze Man you really put a lot of time into the forums and really help out with reports which is amazing! Keep it going!

@Noctorious You were a very dependable Mod and I miss you man, you’ve always given me respect and I respect you back sir.

@Stocking You’re a good guy and I am glad what you’ve done and shown to this community and are living proof of what changes can be made to better yourself in a community!

@EtchedDeception You helped me a lot keeping things caught up in the server while we were playing and kept me knowledgeable of what was going on, thank you for that!

@Zyp Miss playing with you, you were a funny guy to have on the server and always made me laugh XD

@Sickle So glad you got Mod man I always imagined the day you’d get it, back when we use to play everyday! Glad you came back and are helping out the community now!

@Ruby You’re a cool Lego guy, what can I say!

@NinjaDragon48 Keep on doing what you do best keeping the servers clean your service is appreciated, glad you came back buddy!

@Elvis Glad you’re back with us and you got everything resolved!

The rest of the staff team (Jeez there is so many of you) We never got to staff together much whether it was because we were keeping every server maintained or because our schedules were different, but I’m glad I was alongside all of you at the same time keeping this community the best it could be, I mean we are the most biggest and popular TTT Community in all of GMOD for the love of pete! How awesome is that to be a part of?

And last but not least @Highwon Thank you for keeping this Community on it’s feet and running no matter how many Staff members you lose or gain, it’ll always be known as the greatest TTT Community in the history of GMOD whether you believe it or not. :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 35
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I am just happy that you are staying with us. On the team or not, i am looking forward to chillin again.

3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

f

4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

legit 2nd guy to mention me in a farewell, I luv you bb. Im 100% sure that nearly all the people who are known as regulars, will miss you from the staff team. I know I do, and so many more. Thanks for the amazing time. We can definitely play sometime, maybe even be the toxic friends we were meant to be <3

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

For the first time since Goose's farewell ( from a staff member perspective ), I feel quite awestruck that such an amazing and nice mod would leave us. I've played with you quite a few times ( I tend to stay quiet ) and I've always seen that every toxic player on that server has been dealt with in a manner of minutes. You appear to be a very strict and respectable mod due to your actions. I feel your loss heavily as a regular player. At least you won't be leaving the community. Let's hope you re-apply for mod soon and bestow your magic upon us once more. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Kitteh

Kitteh My Precious VIP Silver

No tag for me... I see how it is.

• Funny x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Comments like this is why I don't do tags in farewells

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

It's going to be truly painful to try and replace you. You were a fantastic moderator and a great guy all around, though I have no doubt in my mind that you'll make a return to the team sometime in the future.

I'll miss you Stoney, this is truly a loss.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

You had quite the unique personality when I first met you (not in a good way either). When I saw you as a Mod, I was doubtful that you would do well. You proved me wrong and did well in your position at the time. I would like to thank you for that and hope that you will return to the team one day. :)

Gonna miss your sass though. :) Good luck man and I hope everything goes well.

11. Darth Gorgamel

Darth Gorgamel A Dark Lord of the Sith VIP Emerald

Thanks for training me back in the day. It was a pleasure knowing you.

12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Man, you will be a missing presence on the team. I hope you he best in your work, and I hope you return someday soon. Take care of yourself.

13. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Take care, man. In my eyes you are one of the best staff members we have. You'll always have my +1 :)

14. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom Banned VIP Silver Emerald

These words make me cry everytime.
    But in all seriousness you were such a good mod and person. We had not talked to much but it was pretty clear that you were a amazing guy. Good luck with everything. And next time you go to universal tell me so i can go say hi and give you a lego.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

No Don't leave me..... :cry:

16. Cafedemocha

Cafedemocha 2319 VIP

It sucks to see you go Stoney but whenever your're ready to come to the staff team I'll be ready with my +1.

17. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

Have fun STONEY, don't let your drum set fall apart while trying to play Motorbreath ;)

18. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

Take care, stoney! I hope to see you as a mod again in the future. I'll miss the savagery in your ban appeals. :cry:7

19. SuperUnHappyFace

SuperUnHappyFace The worker VIP

Things happen and sometimes people need time away, it was always a good time when we staffed together, it wasn't often but when we did it was always a good time.
    If you ever come back to being a staff member i'm sure we all would be glade to have you back. Take it easy man, hope to see you on the servers some time.

20. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

You were a smart guy who challenged the rules and wanted to understand why things were they way they were. I admired that about you.

Thank you for your time and dedication.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

I didnt talk to you much, but take care now! Go luck in whatever you are doing!